IT System and Database Administrators have the responsibility to:
• Ensure all systems have been certified before placing them into production
• This person is responsible for installing and maintaining the operating system and application software on a computer system. Responsibilities include but are not limited to controlling access to the system, maintaining the security of the system, and ensuring that the system is in compliance with all security guidelines established by the company
• Certify that systems security requirements are being met.
• Establish and communicate the security safeguards required for protecting
Systems and databases based on the sensitivity levels of the data.
• Periodically review and verify that all users of their systems or databases are authorized and are using the required systems security safeguards.
General IT system administrative responsibilities:
• Control user system access.
• Revoke system access privilege to users when such action is appropriate
• Assess system performance
• Provide technical support in monitoring and reporting systems security related events.
Recommended Security Certification recommendations for IT Staff are as follows:
CompTIA Security+ -The CompTIA Security + certification is a general introduction to the field of IT Security. This certification provides a high level view of how IT Security impacts all components of Logan Airport operations. It is the minimum certification in order to be a general system administrator.
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) – The CEH certification provides proof of knowledge that goes beyond IT Security concepts. It is a hands-on certification that allows IT staff to learn how to conduct penetration testing, secu...
... middle of paper ...
Appropriate steps shall be taken to mitigate risks to the security of corporate data and information systems associated with the use of wireless network access technologies. In the event that wireless access is to be allowed, security risks associated with wireless activities must be mitigated. Measures may include but are not limited to implementation of an approval process, use of the strongest feasible encryption offered, user authentication, and virus protection measures.
External threats are not the only type of vulnerability to Logan Airport. IT has moved to prevent data breaches and impacting events from insider threats. Deployment of ObserveIT is currently in progress. This behavior analysis program allows for IT to identify when someone is in the beginning stages of breaching data and secure information from within the corporate environment.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Database is a collection of programs that enables users to create and maintain data. The other meaning, database some collection the related files that are usually included, concurrent referenced to one another. Good feature of a database is that data and records contains some in different files can be easily organized and save from harm in danger when using specialized database management software called a database management system (DBMS) or database manager. A database-management system (DBMS) is a group of organized data and a set of programs have access to some data.... [tags: collection of data, related files, storage]
1788 words (5.1 pages)
- Database Database is an information that consists of data related with structure, meaning, purpose, users and application, objectives and fulfil need requirement. Database management system also known as DBMS is a information that been collected to general purpose. Database application is an independent programmed that provide service, storage manageable, give an efficient interfaced and generate report. There is a few functions of database which is structure definition, population, reporting ad modification of structure.... [tags: information technology, functionality]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- 1. Differentiate between database management system and information retrieval system by focusing on their functionalities. Database management system Information retrieval Database management system can provide access to all of the data, alleviating many of the problems associated with data file environment, and data can be shared among data users. Information retrieval can provide the techniques of storing and recovering data and often disseminating Recorded Especially through the use of a computerized system storage techniques and recovery and often disseminate especially through the use of recorded computer data.... [tags: files, functionalities, components, frameworks]
1527 words (4.4 pages)
- Information Technology Staff IT System and Database Administrators have the responsibility to: • Ensure all systems have been certified before placing them into production • This person is responsible for installing and maintaining the operating system and application software on a computer system. Responsibilities include but are not limited to controlling access to the system, maintaining the security of the system, and ensuring that the system is in compliance with all security guidelines established by the company • Certify that systems security requirements are being met.... [tags: Information security, Computer security, Security]
2001 words (5.7 pages)
- Databases are pervasive in technology today and are, therefore, integral to any list meant to show relationships between data that grows beyond a simple spreadsheet. In my experience, many businesses rely heavily on databases yet rely on the company providing the software that interacts with a particular database to maintain the specific databases rather than have an in-house database administrator. While it may often be cost prohibitive to hire a DBA, many information technology department employees, within the departments for which I have worked at least, often wear many “hats” in their day to day operations and are often expected to do some work with databases.... [tags: SQL, Database, Database management system]
728 words (2.1 pages)
- People came up with the term database as the computer industry was growing in popularity. A database management system means exactly what its name is, it is computer software designed to create and manage databases. This software gives users and programmers an organized way to retrieve, create, update, and manage data. A database management system (DBMS) creates ways for end users to read data in a database as well (MindTap). The DBMS basically serves as a crossing point between databases and normal users or programs, confirming that data will constantly be organized and stay accessible pretty easily.... [tags: SQL, Database, Database management system]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- A database management system is a collection of programs that allow users to create and maintain a database. Even though there are numerous advantages for using database management systems, there are a few disadvantages. Such disadvantages include complexity, size, performance, and the associated costs of a database management system. The advantages of a database management system outweigh the disadvantages, but one should understand the disadvantages to ensure they have a complete understanding of the system.... [tags: Database management system, SQL]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Data Warehouse Computer has become one of great and comprehensive impact on human life in this days, and it is an important tool, the computer has become part of different areas of life . You find it at home, school, in the workplace, and in the markets, everywhere you go, and we know that the computer is only a machine, but with applications and matched by the latest raging terrible race caused by the information, and database technology revolution is only of the applications that were built on the basis of a computer.... [tags: Database management system, Database, SQL]
2103 words (6 pages)
- In our world, people rely heavily on the power of technology every day. Kids are learning how to operate an iPad before they can even say their first word. School assignments have become virtual, making it possible to do anywhere in the world. We can receive information from across the world in less than a second with the touch of a button. Technology is a big part of our lives, and without it life just becomes a lot harder. Just like our phones have such an importance to us in our daily lives, database management systems are the same for businesses.... [tags: Database management system, Database, Computer]
1411 words (4 pages)
- Relational Database Management System for a Cloud Application Lakisha Griffin University of Maryland University College Abstract While a lot of research is currently taking place in technology itself, there is an equally critical requirement for understanding the cloud computing issues. This paper examines “database-as-a-service” (DBaaS) called Relational Cloud. “A DBaaS promises to move much of the operational burden of provisioning, configuration, scaling, performance tuning, backup, privacy, and access control from the database users to the service operator, offering lower overall costs to users.” (Curino, 2011) Database management systems that control web application... [tags: SQL, Database management system, Database]
1802 words (5.1 pages)