In recent years there has been a big change as revolution in the computer and communication world and all the signs are that technological development and employ of information technology (IT) will continue go on with a fast velocity. Advocating and accompanying the impressive developments in the power and continue employ of latest information technologies has been the communications’ declining cost consequently of both technological enhancements and developed competition. Such great progresses in development present several major and great opportunities but also pose a lot of challenges. Nowadays, increasing in inventions in the field of IT are having extensive effects all over the society, and different strategy makers are working on various issues in which economic output, rights of intellectual property, protection of privacy and approach to information. Option created now will have enduring effects, and concentration must be devoted to their socio-economic impacts.
The most important and very effective outcome of the development of IT is most likely the electronic communication and commerce through the Internet, a latest approach of leading the business. However, in recent times, it may fundamentally change the economic behaviours as well as the social atmosphere. Previously, it impacts those important fields like communications and interactions, retail business and finance and might spread out to sectors mainly like the services of health and education. It involves the seamless process of communication as well as information technology all along the whole business value chain that is managed electronically (Castells, 1996).
The IT has impacted numerous aspects and features o...
... middle of paper ...
...ted to change in the future times. Finally, the relevancy of a contemporary informational infrastructure to the socio-economic well-being of a society cannot be undervalued. Most favourable options, be they social, cultural or economic must be relied on the finest accessible information. The information’s quality determines the efficiency of any provided choice. In the people sphere, approach to believable information and data is a prerequisite to pluralistic and participative democratic system, development of human, social and economic clearness, and the development of different society. Understanding, knowledge and information infrastructures encourage and support conversation between those holding different thoughts. It is only in an environment in which authentic realities and information are obtainable that people can establish own views and perspectives.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction In recent years there has been a big change as revolution in the computer and communication world and all the signs are that technological development and employ of information technology (IT) will continue go on with a fast velocity. Advocating and accompanying the impressive developments in the power and continue employ of latest information technologies has been the communications’ declining cost consequently of both technological enhancements and developed competition. Such great progresses in development present several major and great opportunities but also pose a lot of challenges.... [tags: Technology, Computers, The Internet]
1903 words (5.4 pages)
- Introduction Richard (2004) pointed out: “In the long history technology innovation, the computer sense is no more notable than such major inventions as the steam engine, the train, electricity and electronics, the telegraph and the telephone, the automobile, the airplane, radio, motion pictures and television.” The 21st century is the age of computer technology and it has brought about a fundamental change in every facet of our life. It has largely influenced the way we communicate and the way information exchange is facilitated in today's world.... [tags: Technology, Computers]
1803 words (5.2 pages)
- Information Technology has the potential to change societal structure and processes similar in scale to that of both the Agricultural Revolution and the Industrial Revolution. On this basis governments should ensure provision of Information Technology to all members of society as a matter of urgency. Discuss. Today, we are experiencing a technological revolution. There is nothing silent or stealthy about it – we are aware of new technology arriving every year. In-your-face advertising and attractive shop displays tempt buyers at every turn, and this year’s new model is next year’s dinosaur.... [tags: IT Technology Society Effect]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- ... The Dell Model was understood what IT and JIT could do for the computer. His idea of how purchasing a computer should become simple and easy. Mr. Dell’s business model was to make sure that all computers were able to get to their customers fast. Dell started out as a direct seller, first using a mail-order system, and then taking advantage of the Internet to develop an online sales platform. Where do IT and JIT come together to create success for Dell. IT is short for Information Technology and is pronounced as separate letters.... [tags: Personal computer, Dell, Computer]
1044 words (3 pages)
- The Impact of Information Technology on Individuals, Society and Organizations Information systems and information technology are important in supporting, maintaining and enriching many aspects of livings. They bring benefits to lives of individuals, operations of business and the functioning of society but there are also drawbacks associated with technology and information system.... [tags: IT Technology ]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- The Age of Technology From the time you are born until the day you die one thing will remain constant and that is the progress of technology. Everyday there is something new brought into our world. Whether it be a revision of an old technology or just a new discovery, it doesn¹t matter, there is always progress. Today we live in a culture where technology has effected everything. Technology has come in to play a role in religion, science, and even the imitation of humankind. Today it is hard to find one thing that technology does not play a role in.... [tags: Technology Society Information Essays Papers]
2072 words (5.9 pages)
- Known as information technology the use of computers and electronic computers to manage , process and share information , it is a tool that helps in daily life taking information almost anywhere and anytime . You only need to access internet or having commonly . This tool not only provides you with the information it contains , we can download it and have it stored on your computer or mobile device, you can also open the downloaded information , to edit or share , that facilitates communication and learning.... [tags: Internet, Society, Business]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- Introduction There are many ways that technology can be used in today’s society. It is important that every business knows how to use technology effectively. With the use of technology businesses can run more smoothly and efficiently. But technology can also create a problem within a business if it is not utilized correctly. This summer my family traveled to St. Thomas for a family vacation. Getting to St. Thomas was not a problem, but leaving the island there were a lot of difficulties with the use of technology that made it almost impossible to leave.... [tags: Technology, Information technology, Employment]
1267 words (3.6 pages)
- The reading that was investigated consisted of an article from Dr. Rochelle Brooks entitled “The Development Of A Code Of Ethics An Online Classroom Approach To Making Connections Between Ethical Foundations And The Challenges Presented By Information Technology”. Brooks (2010) studies the ethical challenges that are prevalent in the Information Technology (IT) field. Furthermore, Brooks (2010) examines how workers in the Information Technology filed should have lucid ethical policies to adhere to along with taking an in-depth look at how as a society we can be proactive in eliminating ethical dilemmas by early education of our young adults.... [tags: Information Technology]
1768 words (5.1 pages)
- Information Technology and Cultural Imperialism At what point does information technology become not merely convenient, but indispensable in societies. That is, can countries that have previously been isolated geographically, culturally, and / or economically continue to do so by “opting-out” of the very technologies that are pulling the world together now. Do countries have a right to national isolation, if they choose it. Can they still retain the values and traditions of their culture if they instead opt to modernize and embrace information technologies.... [tags: IT Computers Culture Society]
2459 words (7 pages)