The information system that will be evaluated in this paper is from Malaysia. This information system is used by one of the government department in Malaysia. The government department involved is Department of Survey and Mapping Malaysia or in Malay Jabatan Ukur dan Pemetaan Malaysia (JUPEM). JUPEM started in 1885 and actually one of the earliest departments in Malaysia where it main purpose is to perform survey and mapping activities within Malaysia and also country international boundaries. The vision of establishment of JUPEM is to make JUPEM an important organization that provide survey and mapping services outstandingly and together with geospatial data management to accomplish the nation’s vision.
The main functions of JUPEM is to advise the government in anything related to cadastral survey and mapping and also about the state and international boundaries and to provide complete and efficient cadastral information for issuing land, strata, and stratum titles.
The information system that interests me in this government department is a new established system called eKadaster (eCadastre). eKadaster is a development project initiated by the government of Malaysia but offered for further development to Precision Portal Sdn. Bhd. on 22nd December 2006. The main objective of eKadaster development is to shorten the time usually take to provide the owner with their land titles from previously 2 years to only 2 months. Other than that, the development of eKadaster is to create National Digital Cadastral Database (NDCDB) covering all Peninsular Malaysia. Moreover, the objective of developing eKadaster is to integrate eKadaster and eTanah (eLand) towards faster and efficient integrated spatial inform...
... middle of paper ...
...his is typically limited to nature of chronicle information throughout the advancement of NDCDB. The center group of eKadaster might need to determination such issues as it advances along in the stages throughout the advancement and execution periods. All in all, eKadaster extend is a major move from the old cadastral survey process. With the execution of eKadaster, JUPEM has the ability to lessen the conveyance time for its land title survey handle from 2 years to between less than that. The production of NDCDB with survey-exact organize has permitted JUPEM to speed up the cadastral survey transform with the utilization of satellite innovation (GNSS) and give completely GIS-prepared data. Consequently, JUPEM accept the eKadaster execution in the long run will profit the individuals and economical development also will contribute for the advancement for the nation.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Geographic Information System (GIS) is used in Saudi Arabia for several projects. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is one of the biggest exporter or oil, gas and phosphates; therefore, using GIS is beneficial to them as they understand further information regarding drilling and extracting the two major natural resources. Another aspect in which the geographical information system is used is for projects such as water management. A problem they seem to be facing for years, they finally found a solution to it using the GIS system.... [tags: Geographic information system, Geography]
1067 words (3 pages)
- Bennett, S., & Lundie, R. (2007). Australian Electoral Systems. Retrieved October 21, 2015. This Government of Australia research paper explains the three different types of electoral systems Australia have once used during elections, as well as their current electoral system. Australia has used a first past the post system that Canada uses, a proportional representation system and their current preferential voting system. For each of these systems, the authors explain the electoral process of each system, along with each system’s strengths and weaknesses.... [tags: Voting system, Elections, Plurality voting system]
1377 words (3.9 pages)
- The international community has already begun the application of the e-government system especially in some of the world's most respected institutions and has supported this concept. The United Nations has already issued their position on the idea of e-government as seen in the Human Development Report of 2001, stating that the institution will try its best to create technologies that would help in human development. The report has argued that using the ICT would enable the United Nations to establish the importance of having technology work hand in hand with development.... [tags: Government]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- The rapid development of automation processes and penetration of computers in all areas of life have led to a number of specific problems. One of these problems is the need to ensure effective protection of personal information. Different ways to access information, a large number of qualified professionals, the overwhelming use of special technologies in social production allows violators to conduct activities that pose a threat to information security almost any time and anywhere. A special role in this process was played by the emergence of the personal computer in our daily live, which made computers, software and other information technology accessible to the general public.... [tags: Information security, Computer security]
701 words (2 pages)
- When one is looking at a country’s government there are a few things that one should look at specifically: the type of government, the leadership and how it is achieved, and how the people are represented in the government. At times it can be difficult to find this information, especially true information, while at other times it can be very easy. The latter is true for the Columbian government. The Columbian government looks and runs very similar to the United States government, at least on a federal level.... [tags: International Government]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- 1.) Productivity is defined as the relationship between resources used and results achieved¹. Improvement in this area means either obtaining more and better program output from a given level of resources or using fewer resources to maintain or improve a certain level of output. The federal government has a vital stake in improving the productivity of state and local governments for two primary reasons: (1) the national economy is strengthened as a result of improvements in the productivity and fiscal prospects of this key sector; and (2) the effectiveness and efficiency of the multitude of federal grant and regulatory programs using state and local governments to implement federal policies... [tags: Government]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- The management consulting industry deals in three different areas; risk management, consulting, and information management. In risk management, companies “seek greater protection against unexpected losses , whether from natural disaster, lawsuits, political events, and internet scandals.”1 Information management refers to the internet and how businesses organize and control the information flowing in and out of them2. Consulting combines the two, where businesses employ advisors to help them manage risks and their information to further profit and prevent loss within the company.... [tags: Information Technology ]
1371 words (3.9 pages)
- The Requirements for Developing and Managing a Comprehensive Management Information System The aim of this assignment is to see the requirements for developing and managing a comprehensive Management Information system for an organisation. In today's business environment it is getting harder and harder for organisation’s to not only survive but to compete against other organisation’s. Information technology plays a big part in helping companies compete and survive. Companies that have branches or franchises need to make sure that they can communicate with the head office so that orders can be passed down.... [tags: Businesses Information Systems Technology Essays]
4383 words (12.5 pages)
- From 1bce to the present A lot of things happen concerning the government. It happened all over the world so there were a lot of the things about the government. I learned most of the thing about the government when we are learning about new places and time periods but I think there is a lot more things that were dealing with the government back then. There is going to be 4 different time periods. 1bce to 1000, 0 to 1000, 1000 to 1800 and 1800 to the present. I will be giving information for each of those time periods about the different governments.... [tags: World History, Politics, Government]
988 words (2.8 pages)
- For over 200 years now, we as Americans, have had our nation, government, institutions, politics, and our inhabitants guided by a document written by a group of people that we refer to as the Framers. This document was written in 1787 and is called the Unites States Constitution. My name is _ and I will be discussing in this essay some simple facts about myself, what government is along with the different types of government, its functions, and the kind of government that America has. I will also discuss the seven characteristics of American political culture/democracy and the prevailing political ideologies.... [tags: Government]
1737 words (5 pages)