The first thing that we must consider about Information Security is that there is not a final destination at which we can arrive. IT Security is an ongoing set of processes and activities that requires attention and expertise on a daily basis. It is important to understand that systems are not secured by themselves and it is our responsibility to maintain and improve them periodically as required. It is of vital importance to establish the appropriate mechanisms and requirements in order to support the company’s CIA triad. The following report will provide you guidance about auditing and hardening techniques applied though the 7 Domains by utilizing IT Security Best Practices.
Elements of Compliance
As established by PCI DSS, our company needs to include different aspects to securely handle and store credit cards information. From the perspective of the Information Security Analyst we must to consider the following points:
Build and maintain a secure Network which means apply security countermeasures to prevent a disruptive event or security incident. Never use vendors supplied defaults, such as default passwords and configurations. It is necessary to set up all requirements in order to protect Stored Card data. All data flow has to be encrypted by integrating the system to a PKI (Public Key Infrastructure). First World Bank needs to use Antivirus Softwares to protect the FWB network users and prevent Virus replication. It is crucial to develop and maintain secure systems and applications (PCI-DSS). FWB needs to restrict access to cardholder information. As part of the security policies a unique ID will be assigned to each user through the FWB Domain. All areas where card holder information is stored must reg...
... middle of paper ...
...departments makes it easier to keep a more secure network. Third ACL Layer is focus on allowing and denying access between hosts on networks. ACLs are written on both routers and firewalls. The key on creating strong ACLs is to concentrate on both ingress and egress ACLs.
Bind9. Bind9. 2012. http://www.bind9.net/.
GLBA. GLBA. March 2013. http://business.ftc.gov/privacy-and-security/gramm-leach-bliley-act.
National Institute of Standars and Technology. http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-128/sp800-128.pdf. n.d.
PCI Compliance Guide. Guide to PCI Data Security Standards. 2013. http://www.pcicomplianceguide.org/aboutpcicompliance.php.
SANS Institute. SANS Institute. 2003. http://www.sans.org/reading-room/whitepapers/threats/define-responsible-disclosure-932 (accessed 2013).
SQUID. 2013. www.squid-cache.org.
Zabbix. 2014. http://www.zabbix.com/.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Information security refers to all of the approaches and policies designed to protect a corporation’s information and facts machine from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption modification, or destruction. it 's a standard term that may be used regardless of the shape the data might also take. As for information protection, people typically divided it into two components, which are the IT safety and facts assurance. Sometimes referred as computer security, information technology security has been information security applied to technology, which most often some form of computer system.... [tags: Computer, Computer security, Information security]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- Since the beginning of technology, the security levels have dramatically increased making the computers and information technology very secure places to store information. In the beginning computer security focused mainly on securing the computer and the physical system. But with everything becoming more and more mobile, security isn’t just about the physical system anymore…it’s also about securing the information that is constantly running between systems and being stored in clouds. This is information security.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Security]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- A Career in Cybersecurity In the modern world, almost everyone has a computer whether it is in their pocket or on their desk at home. Passwords might protect our electronic devices; however hackers have found ways to get around these barriers to steal private and personal information not only from average citizens but also the government and large corporations. This is where information security analysts step in to protect our information that, if fallen into the wrong hands, can cause serious issues.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Security]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- The famous cryptographer Bruce Schneier once said that “[p]eople often represent the weakest link in the security chain and are chronically responsible for the failure of security systems” (Schneier, 2000). The practice of Information Security Management is employed by businesses through a variety of standards, best practices, and frameworks to combat this issue. Their adoption of best practices in the public domain allows businesses to strive for improvements through their own interpretation. These best practices are sourced from standards such as ISO/IEC 27000, proprietary knowledge and public frameworks such as COBIT, Six Sigma, or ITIL.... [tags: Information security, Security]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- The rapid development of automation processes and penetration of computers in all areas of life have led to a number of specific problems. One of these problems is the need to ensure effective protection of personal information. Different ways to access information, a large number of qualified professionals, the overwhelming use of special technologies in social production allows violators to conduct activities that pose a threat to information security almost any time and anywhere. A special role in this process was played by the emergence of the personal computer in our daily live, which made computers, software and other information technology accessible to the general public.... [tags: Information security, Computer security]
701 words (2 pages)
- As relates to the Issue of Information Security programs, the Department of Health and Human Sciences has formulated various different policies aimed at governing information handling and security as concerns all the departments’ resources. Common in the list of policies are the Policy on Information and Technology security for Remote Access which was established to ensure the information and technology departments resources are appropriately protected during the authorization of remote accessibility to the automated information and system of the department of human and health services.... [tags: Information security, Security, Confidentiality]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- Information security (IS) in modern organizations is of vital importance. Modern era of technology brings certain threats to information security but mostly are from internal factors. Enterprises ensures the need of safeguarding information by analysing information security risk for the business. The risk is managed by defining and implementing information security policies. The paper highlights that support from the senior management is essential in almost all decisions for securing information resource.... [tags: Security, Information security, Computer security]
1368 words (3.9 pages)
- Information security for modern enterprises Nowadays, life of the person has totally changed due to technology in this in internet plays an important role to give the new life style. In this new generation every things done by the internet with in seconds and no matter how work is large or small. In every business securing enterprise information has never been more challenging. Because new generation fully educated with technology and revolutions. The technology has set the main goal on to youth of the every nation in all around the world because they are sharp minded.... [tags: Security, Information security, Computer security]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- Why Study Information Security. The study aims at providing knowledge on preventive measures against web attacks on computers, networks and the data stored in them. This security is also essential for protection against identity theft and the phishing of user information for financial gain, it will also equip an individual with the knowledge to help them differentiate and identify a genuine address from an address indicating fraud. The study of information security is also a career subject and has offered a large number of people’s jobs.... [tags: Information security, Computer security, Security]
911 words (2.6 pages)
- Why do we need management’s support for information security. Doesn’t IT own information security. The technical side is important, but management’s role cannot be overlooked. Thornton states that management has to drive information security. Why does management need to drive this policy. The management team is legally responsible for any breaches that occur. Plus, senior management has a fiduciary responsibility to the company’s assets. Our management can provide the necessary resources, including finances and personnel, needed to implement policy.... [tags: Information Security Essays]
2590 words (7.4 pages)