Pathways Corporation office locations that include computers and other types of information technology resources must be safeguarded against unlawful and unauthorized physical intrusion, as well as fire, flood and other physical threats. This includes but is not limited to: external doors that are locked from closing until opening of the building, locked and/or barred windows, security cameras, controlled access areas, registration of visitors at entrances, security guards, and fire protection.
Information Security issues to be considered are:
• Unlawful access may be gained with the intent of theft, damage, or other disruption of operations.
• Unauthorized and illegal access may take place covertly (internal or external source) to steal, damage, or otherwise disrupt operations.
• Destruction or damage of physical space may occur due to environmental threats such as fire, flood, wind, etc.
• Loss of power may result in the loss of data, damage to equipment and disruption of operations.
This policy addresses threats to critical IT resources that result from unauthorized access to facilities owned or leased by Pathways Corporation, including offices, data centers and similar facilities that are used to house such resources.
Pathways Corporation facilities must be protected from physical vulnerabilities which could result in loss due to theft in the form of: physical or logical property; data; copyright; client information or any other threat which would result in breach of trust, reputation or integrity.
Use of secure areas to protect data and information.
• Identify areas within a building that should receive special protection and be designated as a secure area. An example would be a server room.
• These me...
... middle of paper ...
• After the request is submitted, at management’s discretion approval may be given for the guest to access sensitive areas listed on the request form only while escorted by a regular full-time employee and a member of security.
• No photographs or photography equipment will be allowed in the sensitive areas.
• Cellular phones or other devices capable of capturing a digital image will not be used in that area.
• The Security member escort will have the authority to end the visit at any time there is a threat of non-compliance with Pathways Corporation security policies even if there is a member of management present.
Pathways management is responsible for ensuring that employees are aware of where policies are located on websites. Management is also responsible for notifying employees of policy change or the creation of new policies.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Purpose Pathways Corporation office locations that include computers and other types of information technology resources must be safeguarded against unlawful and unauthorized physical intrusion, as well as fire, flood and other physical threats. This includes but is not limited to: external doors that are locked from closing until opening of the building, locked and/or barred windows, security cameras, controlled access areas, registration of visitors at entrances, security guards, and fire protection.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Security guard]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- A Career in Cybersecurity In the modern world, almost everyone has a computer whether it is in their pocket or on their desk at home. Passwords might protect our electronic devices; however hackers have found ways to get around these barriers to steal private and personal information not only from average citizens but also the government and large corporations. This is where information security analysts step in to protect our information that, if fallen into the wrong hands, can cause serious issues.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Security]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- The quick development in the field of technology made it important for all the big business to implement such technology in their industry procedures, so that competitive benefits over others can be accomplished. The following paragraph contains a brief description about the information technology security in general//. With the increasing benefits of implementing the technology in the business places, most of the business organizations have identified such technology as one of the crucial aspects for achieving success.... [tags: Information security, Security, Computer security]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- Information Security Risk Assessment for a Distribution Company Table of Contents 1. Executive Summary 2. Introduction 3. Background 4. Risk Assessment 4.1. Organizational Assets 4.2. Assessment of Organizational Risk 4.3. Current Organizational Security Posture 4.4. Problems at GDI 4.5. Recommended Mitigation Strategy 5. Conclusion 6. References 1. Executive Summary At this time the measures available to ensure information security include organizational controls such as limiting access to data, firewalls, antivirus systems, encryption, and application controls.... [tags: IT security, Information Technology]
2439 words (7 pages)
- Introduction Common criterial for information technology security evaluation, which is called Common Criteria (CC) is an international standard for computer information security which explicitly specify the security needs of computer users. These standards govern different factors related to computer security like the process of information security specification, implementation and evaluation. These criterion act as a guide for all information security experts therefore they should turn to it when they have to make a decision about setting up an IT security system (Denning, 1999), it could be the hardware or the software parts.... [tags: Information security, Computer security, Security]
1446 words (4.1 pages)
- As hackers begin to be a threat to companies and governments a new field of work called cyber security emerged. With this new workforce, companies need more than just Information Technology (I.T) professionals because cyber security includes all realms of Information Technology. To make up for the lack of cyber security professionals academic institutions started implementing cyber security degrees that go by many names such as an Information Security Assurance degree. Although, the relevancy of cyber security degrees are debated, employees with the degree are better prepared for their careers and more valuable to their employers than those without degrees.... [tags: Security, Information security, Computer security]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- With the growth of information technology use in organization, there is also a parallel growth in some individuals or businesses engagement in some unethical behaviors relating to the use of information technology. That is a good enough reason why it would be vital for education systems and businesses to tackle about the ethical concerns of information technology usage and to come out with code of ethics to restore ethical issues and violations. According to Brooks (2010), there are four major problems which concern the managers of information technology the most.... [tags: data, protection, privacy]
1269 words (3.6 pages)
- Introduction Outsourcing is a technique for companies to reassign specific responsibilities to external entities. There are several motivations for outsourcing including organizational, improvement, cost, and revenue advantages (Ghodeswar & Vaidyanathan, 2008). The assignment research objectives were (a) to gain insight into securing strategic partnerships in the information technology (IT) arena; (b) to understand the choices made to reduce information and security risks by exploring the different outsourcing techniques, and; (c) to understand how business process associated with outsourcing will stimulate awareness on how the process is interlinked with human behaviors.... [tags: information technology outsourcing]
1798 words (5.1 pages)
- ... Right from the school days, reading and collecting international computer magazines to participating in technical seminars and workshops, I have constantly strived to be in tune with times. One of my undergraduate subjects of Information System and Security, which has made me to get a head start and I was very much interested in learning and grasping new technologies in this field of Information Systems. As a student, I not only intend to learning the fundamentals and vital aspects in Computer Science, but my interest also lies in the field of IT Auditing for solving real world problems that presently plague database systems and network capabilities.... [tags: information technology, computer security]
597 words (1.7 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Cloud computing has boost a large amount of interest in the IT industry. The market research and analysis firm IDC suggests that the market for cloud computing services was $16bn in 2008 and will rise to $42bn/year by 2012 (Chhabra, Verma & Taneja, 2010) .The era of cloud computing introduces a new dimension for Enterprises. The academia and research worlds have developed a keen interest into challenges and issues introduced by this relatively new concept (Sriram & Khajeh-Hosseini, 2009).... [tags: Information Technology, Data, Security]
2060 words (5.9 pages)
- The Goal Model : The Goals
- The Relation Between Faith And Knowledge
- Descriptive Essay : ' Eternal Life On Ancient Egypt '
- Factors That Influence The Quality Of The Herd
- Scout, Lee, And Boo Radley At The End Of The Novel, By Harper Lee
- Different Concepts Of Liberating Themselves From ' Samsara ' And The Suffering That Comes With It