The world keeps changing with the mobility of computers and different ways to access that information. It started with laptops and now we can use our phones as computers and even watches. We have to find ways to make it easier for consumers to use these devices to store personal data while protecting the data from unwelcome access and interception. Social media has grown dramatically in the last decade and this gives hackers just one more route to get to personal information. A great way to eliminate information being taken advantage of by unwanted attackers is the use of a little something called The CIA Triad.
When you hear the term CIA, you probably automatically think of the Central Intelligence Agency. But in this particular instance, we are going to be talking about Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability. The CIA Triad is a venerable, well-known model for security policy development, used to identify problem areas and necessary solutions for info...
... middle of paper ...
...task of some sort. This can cost a company a lot of money, especially if they have to take the website down for any amount of time in order to fix the issue. By doing backups of this information and storing them in a secret off site location, you can reduce the downtime you may experience by significant amounts. Another way to ensure that your system is always available is by making sure that it’s always upgrade and making sure all the latest patches are installed.
Ensuring that your organizations information is nice and safe is the main concern of any IT professionals that have been hired by the organization. But the IT department can’t possibly do it all by themselves. All persons involved in the organization that come across confidential information are responsible of taking the necessary steps to make sure that the information doesn’t get into the wrong hands.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Since the beginning of technology, the security levels have dramatically increased making the computers and information technology very secure places to store information. In the beginning computer security focused mainly on securing the computer and the physical system. But with everything becoming more and more mobile, security isn’t just about the physical system anymore…it’s also about securing the information that is constantly running between systems and being stored in clouds. This is information security.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Security]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Information security refers to all of the approaches and policies designed to protect a corporation’s information and facts machine from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption modification, or destruction. it 's a standard term that may be used regardless of the shape the data might also take. As for information protection, people typically divided it into two components, which are the IT safety and facts assurance. Sometimes referred as computer security, information technology security has been information security applied to technology, which most often some form of computer system.... [tags: Computer, Computer security, Information security]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- A Career in Cybersecurity In the modern world, almost everyone has a computer whether it is in their pocket or on their desk at home. Passwords might protect our electronic devices; however hackers have found ways to get around these barriers to steal private and personal information not only from average citizens but also the government and large corporations. This is where information security analysts step in to protect our information that, if fallen into the wrong hands, can cause serious issues.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Security]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- Privacy and Security are very important aspects in regards to computer databases and keeping them safe. Data Privacy is a way to keep your information secure, and keeping your information secure means it’s going to be kept private (vice versa). Information and data privacy is the relationship between gathering and classifying data and technologies while at the same time keeping them private in the context of the organization. While Computer security and IT security are defined as the means of security and how they translate to computers, their network infrastructures, and the data encompassing the databases that store this data and making sure they are kept safe and classified.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Information security]
2293 words (6.6 pages)
- Mobile security, also called wireless security, refers to the protection of laptops, tablets, and smartphones, other computing devices as well as the networks they connect to from vulnerabilities and threats which are related to wireless computing. Mobile security is a broad term that entails several issues such as protecting a mobile device from malware threat, reducing risks and also securing the mobile device and its data in the incidences of theft, accidental loss of the device or unauthorized access.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Information security]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Computer Information Security Nearly all of us are using devices in our lives, to do everything from going shopping online, to keeping up with our loved ones, and to using the internet for career development and job interviewing. There is almost nothing we can’t do in “reality” then we can’t now do some form of, online. While most of us enjoy the convenience of online usage, we must educate ourselves to be wary of the ways our information is stored and used online. With the following tips and helpful pieces of advice from expert academic literature, and university and community websites, we can learn to protect ourselves from the dangers which come about when we store any information onlin... [tags: Computer security, Information security]
1251 words (3.6 pages)
- The rapid development of automation processes and penetration of computers in all areas of life have led to a number of specific problems. One of these problems is the need to ensure effective protection of personal information. Different ways to access information, a large number of qualified professionals, the overwhelming use of special technologies in social production allows violators to conduct activities that pose a threat to information security almost any time and anywhere. A special role in this process was played by the emergence of the personal computer in our daily live, which made computers, software and other information technology accessible to the general public.... [tags: Information security, Computer security]
701 words (2 pages)
- Information security for modern enterprises Nowadays, life of the person has totally changed due to technology in this in internet plays an important role to give the new life style. In this new generation every things done by the internet with in seconds and no matter how work is large or small. In every business securing enterprise information has never been more challenging. Because new generation fully educated with technology and revolutions. The technology has set the main goal on to youth of the every nation in all around the world because they are sharp minded.... [tags: Security, Information security, Computer security]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- Pradeep Kumar Chagantipati Cuw id: F00437246 Data Security and Information Assurance: Data Security • Data security is defined as keeping the data safe and restricting unauthorized access. • The key role of data security is to guarantee protection while ensuring individual or corporate information. • Data is stored as columns and rows in our databases, system servers and computers. Information could be anything that can be perused or generally interpreted in human form. • In order to prevent unauthorized access, we need to follow certain methods to ensure data is secure Encryption: Here data is encrypted, only the receiving end possess a decoding key.... [tags: Information security, Computer security, Security]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- Computer Security in the Information Age Computers; they are a part of or in millions of homes; they are an intricate part of just about every if not all successful businesses, the government, and the military. Computers have become common place in today’s society and the lives of the people who live in it. They have crossed every national, racial, cultural, educational, and financial barrier, which consequently ushered in the information age. A computer is a programmable electronic device that can store, retrieve and process data, and they come in all shapes, and sizes.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
2236 words (6.4 pages)