Technology plays a major role in the world in which we live, Information Communication Technology (ICT) is an integral part of almost everyone’s life; be it at work, in education or socially. It is felt paramount that children are exposed to technology and are given the opportunity to develop the skills required.
Teaching staff should integrate technology effectively into their teaching to create an inclusive, innovative and exciting learning environment. www.becta.org.uk
In this essay I intend to write an analytical account of the teaching and learning context of the learning resource I have developed, with the intention that it will assist in future developments I may undertake. I will also discuss how the use of the resource will contribute to effective learning. I will describe the process and how the resource was created. I intend to evaluate my own ability, performance and any new skills that I have acquired. In completing the design task I hope I will gain the skills to assist future developments for learning resources. I feel a good starting point for the essay is a brief discussion on how ICT is used in the primary classroom, and it’s potential for improving education of children. I will then examine effectiveness of using ICT in the classroom. The principle part of the essay I will examine the learning resource that I developed.
The term Information Technology is widely known throughout the world, whereas the term Information Communication Technology is mainly used in education. The QCA Schemes of Work for ICT offer the definition:
Information and communications technologies (ICT) are the computing and communications facilities and features that variously support teaching, learning and a ...
... middle of paper ...
...ing ICT skills
- Interactivity and participation levels
- Motivates and affects
- Multimedia and multisensory presentation
H.J. Smith et al (2005).
If I were to use the same game generator resource in the future I would aspire to make improvements, where possible. Having received feedback during the testing phase of the project I would make the answer to the question bigger and bolder, for pupils to clearly identify the answer. Adding pictures to provide a visual aid would also be an enhancement for pupils. I would also make a separate game for subtraction questions; this could then be used for advanced pupils to create a challenge. There is also the option of generating a game including numbers 1-10, and a game for numbers 1-20. If at all possible I would remove the ‘-2 Take’ icon from the bottom of the screen to prevent any confusion to the children.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- This research paper presents a report on applications of information communication technology in internal communication processes of a business organization. The writer will analyze how Vodafone Group Inc., uses ICT to implement two of its important internal communication characteristics; teleconferencing and management reporting. ICT has revolutionized the communication sector, resulting in many forms of faster and reliable forms of communication. Many business organizations have adopted teleconferencing as a convenient way of holding official meetings.... [tags: telecommunications, internet, technology]
1703 words (4.9 pages)
- How efficient is information communication technology in marine geology. The research sought to identify how the companies were running efficiently due to usage of information communication technology. The response from the three companies’ employees overwhelming 90% affirmed that they had experienced efficiency after automation of processes in their respective companies. In the interview with the directors the directors were asked to explain some of the efficiency that they had seen after introduction technology in their company.... [tags: Information technology, Technology, Digitizing]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- ICT Part 3 Technology plays a major role in the world in which we live, Information Communication Technology (ICT) is an integral part of almost everyone’s life; be it at work, in education or socially. It is felt paramount that children are exposed to technology and are given the opportunity to develop the skills required. Teaching staff should integrate technology effectively into their teaching to create an inclusive, innovative and exciting learning environment. www.becta.org.uk In this essay I intend to write an analytical account of the teaching and learning context of the learning resource I have developed, with the intention that it will assist in future developments I may undertak... [tags: Technology]
2216 words (6.3 pages)
- CHANGES IN TECHNOLOGY Introduction The way business is conducted today differs completely from the way it was done decades ago. This has been brought about by the incredible changes that have occurred in communication and information technology. The world has been transformed into a global village. Movement of information from place to place is getting faster and faster each day. In each passing decade, our society has been changed by technology tremendously. Each new technology improves the way we handle transactions and makes communication quick and cheaper.... [tags: effects on business]
2175 words (6.2 pages)
- ... Firstly, students and instructors are comfortable with consolidating technology in instructional standards. Because, Information is accessed easily by technology, and it helps students save more time. It expands and maximizes and gives deeper knowledge. For instant, when the teacher asks his students to search for a topic, students will quickly search on the Internet and gives the teacher their answers within fewer minutes. Moreover, technology allows every resource around the world to be part of students instructional day, and even if the students are going home by bus or car, they can still be in touch with your resources and activities.... [tags: teachers, collaborative learning environments]
522 words (1.5 pages)
- It leaves no doubt to me that information communication technology(ICT) has helped to bring family members closer together but only if we use social networking in the right way for the right purpose, it actually could bring you and your family closer than before, for instance, international students use technologies to keep in touch with families and friends. In fact, people nowadays are too relying on social networking, that bring up with many negative effects to families, “much research examining the impact of the family is qualitative and suggests that families are affected in several domains, including emotional well-bring, social functioning, and family relationships” (Mesman, Kuo, Carr... [tags: Family, Sibling, Cousin, Kinship terminology]
701 words (2 pages)
- The information and communication technology (ICT) revolution has widely affected every domain in human life in the last decades. Hence, using the computer has become an important tool in the teaching and learning process. It plays a remarkable role in learning and teaching English as a foreign language (EFL). Therefore, it is very important to prepare the new generations with the computers and its applications. Thus, the value of computer-assisted language learning (CALL) has been increased in education.... [tags: Learning, Education, Word processor]
1065 words (3 pages)
- Information and Communication Technology refers to a group of terms. In this project management, we have various forms of technologies, these can be used to collect, store, edit and pass the information. Above all of these project management have divided into various types of groups.it is divided into five types, they are 1. Initiating. 2. Planning. 3. Executing. 4. Monitoring and Controlling. 5. Closing. In this project management, knowledge can be mainly focussed on the ten types of different goals.... [tags: project management, sucess]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT) ACACIA-Uganda The Acacia Initiative is an international effort led by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) to empower sub-Saharan African communities with the ability to apply information and communication technologies to their own social and economic development. The executing agency for Acacia in Uganda is the National Council for Science and Technology (UNCST), the institution that is responsible for coordinating research activities and formulating research policies in Uganda.... [tags: Uganda Africa Technology Funding]
1526 words (4.4 pages)
- Information and Communication Technology Contents ======== SECTION A: Description of Problem.. 3 SECTION B: Analysis. 4 SECTION C: Specification. 4 SECTION E (i): Hardware. 4 SECTION E (ii): Software. 4 SECTION E (iii): Data Collection, Capture & Input 4 SECTION E (iv): Data Verification and/or Validation. 4 SECTION E (v): Data and Program Structure. 4 SECTION E (vi): Output Formats. 4 SECTION F: Testing. 4 SECTION G: User Documentation.... [tags: Papers]
7356 words (21 pages)