We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you or others provided to us.
Update and access of personal information
If you wish to make any changes to your personal information, please contact us. We will generally rely on you to assist us in informing us if the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
You may request access to the personal information we hold about you by contacting us. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period. We will give access in the manner you have requested if it is reasonable to do so. We may charge you a fee to access the information. The fee will not be excessive and will not apply to the making of the request.
We may deny you access to your personal information in certain circumstances, for example, if required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order, or it would be likely to prejudice enforcement related activities by an enforcement body. In relation to credit eligibility information, the exceptions may differ.
If we decide not to give you access, we will provide reasons for the refusal and information on how you can complain about the refusal.
Additional things we have to do to correct your credit information
If you ask us to correct credit information, we will help you with this in the following way.
Helping you manage corrections
Whether we made the mistake or some one else made it, we are required to help you ask for the information to be corrected. So we can do this, we might need to talk to others. However, the most ef...
... middle of paper ...
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you may make a complaint to the OAIC which can be contacted on either www.oaic.gov.au or 1300 363 992.
You may request further information about the way we manage your personal information by contacting us.
By providing your email address and then clicking submit on any online application, calculator, tool or query, you consent to receiving notices and other documents from us by email to the email address provided, and you understand that that if you give this consent:
(a) we may no longer send you paper copies of notices and other documents;
(b) you should regularly check your email address for documents; and
(c) you may withdraw your consent to receiving documents by email at any time.
You also confirm that you have the facilities to print any notice or document that we send you by email, if desired.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Information security refers to all of the approaches and policies designed to protect a corporation’s information and facts machine from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption modification, or destruction. it 's a standard term that may be used regardless of the shape the data might also take. As for information protection, people typically divided it into two components, which are the IT safety and facts assurance. Sometimes referred as computer security, information technology security has been information security applied to technology, which most often some form of computer system.... [tags: Computer, Computer security, Information security]
983 words (2.8 pages)
- Various Aspects of Economics of Information 3.1 Economics of information in Education According to Farid (2007), economics of information is based on the concept that quality information is a scarce and valuable resource. The production and dissemination of information in education constitute two major economic activities, with associated costs and benefits. The value of information depends on its degree of accuracy, completeness, timeliness, reliability, and relevance to issues under consideration.... [tags: Information Management]
1088 words (3.1 pages)
- Information Management Johannessen and Olsen (2010) noted “with this economic landscape, knowledge itself became a factor of production—specifically, knowledge related to identifying and exploiting new ways to establish temporary competitive advantage” (p. 502). Their observation reflects that under today’s business environment, the ability to optimize information is a significant factor that enables such companies to succeed their businesses. However, the use of information is more important than just limited in business practices, also for everyone living and other professional arenas (Badke, 2009; Turusheva, 2009).... [tags: Technology Information]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- The management consulting industry deals in three different areas; risk management, consulting, and information management. In risk management, companies “seek greater protection against unexpected losses , whether from natural disaster, lawsuits, political events, and internet scandals.”1 Information management refers to the internet and how businesses organize and control the information flowing in and out of them2. Consulting combines the two, where businesses employ advisors to help them manage risks and their information to further profit and prevent loss within the company.... [tags: Information Technology ]
1371 words (3.9 pages)
- Policy refers to those plans, positions and guidelines of government which influence decisions by government, for example policies in support of sustainable economic development or policies to enhance access to government services by persons with disabilities. There are various types and forms of policy. Among the range of policy type are: broad policy which enunciates government-wide direction; more specific policy which may be developed for a particular sector or issue-area; operational policy which may guide decisions on programs, and project selection.... [tags: government, Weingarten, ICT, information]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- The Value of Information In the world today, information is an important aspect in almost every part of our life. From what time the movie we want to see begins to whether we should buy stock in Dell or IBM, we depend on accurate information. Is this kind of information a commodity. The dictionary defines a commodity as something valuable or useful (Webster 1993). Presently, information is a commodity because people are willing to pay high prices for information in order to make better decisions.... [tags: Technology Information Essays Papers]
1850 words (5.3 pages)
- Information needs Now a day’s Within the revolution and challenging in information and communication knowledge and technologies, stream of information enormously increased ( Huotari,2001) .The Internet is a new channel for academic resources, and contains the massive amount of information. Also it is significant that the user is conscious of the diverse information that is available on the Internet, and educated in what measurable should be evaluated (Case, 2007 ) . The most important function of information system if to occupied and full filed the needs for document s and information needs for the users.... [tags: Technology, The Internet, Information Systems]
1065 words (3 pages)
- Sensory information is dominantly linked to consumer’s perception of products and services (Krishna, 2010). Since individuals react instinctively and subconsciously to sensory stimuli as opposed to learnt stimuli such as a brand name or logo, marketers have attempted to use sensory perception of consumers to build in sensory ‘signatures’ creating unique identities for brands such as the Aroma of Singapore airlines. Understanding the role of sensory perception in evaluation of products and services and its application in marketing is thus becoming increasingly relevant.... [tags: Communication, Tactile Information]
1613 words (4.6 pages)
- Information Ethics The paper addresses theoretical and practical aspects of information ethics from an intercultural perspective. The recent concept of information ethics is related particularly to problems which arose in the last century with the development of computer technology and the internet. A broader concept of information ethics as dealing with the digital reconstruction of all possible phenomena leads to questions relating to digital ontology. Following Heidegger's conception of the relation between ontology and metaphysics, the author argues that ontology has to do with Being itself and not just with the Being of beings which is the matter of metaphysics.... [tags: Technology Information Ethics ]
1041 words (3 pages)
- Information Technology Haag and Keen (1996) agreed that information technology is a set of tools that helps you work with information and perform task related to information processing. Included in this set are seven building blocks. All together, these building blocks are called an IT system (p.8). For an IT system we need: Input and output, software, communication devices, the processing engine, information, storage devices, and most important people (Haag & Keen, 1996). According to Haag and Keen (1996) the definitions of the IT system is as follow, 1.... [tags: Technology Information Research Essays]
1658 words (4.7 pages)