Broad Banding Advantages
The broad banding of pay structures have condensed many of the pay steps and grade that once dominated most industries pay structures. This method also allows companies to overlap pay groups and flatten the organizational structure especially within the higher levels of management in company. Flatting the hierarchy verses, vertical approaches create more opportunities for multi-skil...
... middle of paper ...
...b description method based on outdated market analyses. The problem with this pay structure it is hard to administer in a public sector pay plan when the common though process is to do more with less. This encourages employees to function outside of their job description and complete work that is could be consider outside the band for their position but does not compensate them for the work they perform. Shrinking budgetary constraints have been the main culprit behind flatting organizational structure but banding would be hard to adjust for lower level position based on the adapted theory of the district. I do think that employees could benefit from broad banding if the pay structure supports and compensate employees for their efforts and work performed.
Milkovich, G., Newman, J., & Gerhart, B. (2014). Compensation. (11th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Easy Credit is Australia 's biggest credit fund organization which has branches throughout Australia. Ordinarily, the clients of Easy Credit are an assorted gathering and include youngsters simply starting their professional life and who have no settled record as a consumer, individuals in the low to centre pay sections, and individuals who have either easygoing business, and/or are college understudies.The risk profile of Easy Credit 's clients is moderate to high and the risk management team is in charge of guaranteeing that at any one time, the dominant part of loans on Easy Credit 's books are with moderate risk clients.... [tags: Organization, Management, Metaphor]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- During the initial phase of starting up a business, there are many factors to weigh in. If you desire a particular kind of lifestyle, then one of the major factors to consider is what kind of market you would like to be in. There are four major market structures, perfect competition, monopolistic competition, oligopoly, and monopoly. All of these markets have positive and negative attributes, including but not limited to, barriers to entry, how many sellers are in a particular market, and the stress of running a business while keeping a keen eye on product pricing.... [tags: Economics]
2256 words (6.4 pages)
- Performance related pay is a financial reward given to employees whose work is considered to have reached a required standard or is above average. “PRP criteria can relate to the individual employee, to work groups or to the organization as a whole” (Armstrong, 2002). It is fair to provide people with financial rewards as a means of paying them according to their contribution (Armstrong 1993:86). The primary purpose of performance related pay in any organization is to recruit, retain and motivate the workforce.... [tags: Labor Issues]
1642 words (4.7 pages)
- The Main Categories of Market Structures Recent industry analyses typically have strong relation with economic theories. There is a theory, belongs to microeconomics, divides industries into categories according t the degree of competition that exists between the firms within the industry, i.e. the theory of Alternative Market Structures. This essay based on three questions divides into 3 parts to explain and evaluate the questions. This essay (PART A) outlines the main categories of market structures, and shows the theoretical features of two of them, i.e.... [tags: Economy Economics U.K. Supermarket Essays]
1662 words (4.7 pages)
- As indicated by Crespo, M, et al (2005, p.1), client steadfastness and valuation for diverse administrations business is vigorously impacted by the Corporate Social Responsibility. It was observed that the CSR had much impact on shopper conduct. This was carried out by recognizing the different measurements of social obligation from the point of view of buyers and the force of each one measurement in the general development of social obligation. It is, then again, less demanding for purchasers or clients to store and get data in regards to the social obligation of an organization.... [tags: Corporate social responsibility]
2968 words (8.5 pages)
- Grossly Gargantuan and Piteously Poor: To what extent do societal structures contribute to obesity among those living in poverty? Frail, thin, emaciated, feeble; these are some words that come to mind when poverty is mentioned. One that doesn’t however is obesity, but in many cases it should. Historically, fat people were associated with affluence, power and beauty, but times are changing. Not only is there a growing socio-behavioral stigmatism associated with obesity, but overweight people are no longer associated with wealth or influence either.... [tags: Epidemic, Fast Food, Programs]
1254 words (3.6 pages)
- The eventuality is a mode of dispensing with management is founded on the thought that there is no single best way to manage and that to be planning, organizing, directing, and curbing must be tailored to the particular circumstances faced by an organization. Managers always have asked questions such as "What is the correct thing to do. A functional or divisional structure. Wide or narrow spans of management. Tall or flat organizational structures. Simple or complex command and coordination mechanisms.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Organization]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- Employers are one of the largest purchasers of health care in America. According to the report, 55% of Americans get health insurance through employers, and employers pay for nearly three-quarters of premiums. At the same time, poor-quality care, such as care that is excessive, ineffective, or harmful, costs a typical employer between $1,900 and $2,250 per employee every year. Improving the quality of health care could improve health while saving money. (Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, 2015). Because of the financial burden caused by poor health care quality and the employers’ strong financial investment in the healthcare system, many employers now are more interested in improving the qualit... [tags: Health care, Health economics, Health insurance]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Unit 1 In P3 An organisation structure of an business is vital for an organisation to make it to operating successfully, however the organisation structure should match the needs of the organisation like there functional needs, appropriate lines of communication and the structure to help the organisation to achieve there preventing and solution goals. Organisational structure is particularly important for decision making. Most companies either have a tall or flat organisational structure. Small companies usually use a flat organisational structure.... [tags: Management, Structure, Organization]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- An organization’s structure is crucial in deciding how tasks are managed or organized by employees and led by the top management. An organization’s structure provides a chance of untangling how the firm’s business is performing internally to ensure timely production of goods and services. When designing an organization’s structure, it is important to build it upon the vision and mission of the firm’s core objectives (Puffer, 2004). This kind of a structure will allow the set goals and initiatives to be met by the project scope.... [tags: Organization, Organizational structure, Management]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- Pastoral Poetry Represented in The Passionate Shepherd to His Love by Christopher Marlowe and The Nymph to the Shepherd by Sir Walter Ralegh
- U.S. Fights the War on Drugs
- Sad Results of the 1929 Stock Market Crash
- U.S. Relationship with Somalia
- The United States Government Contract Bidding Process
- A Piece of Art from the Al-Sabah Collection Presented at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston Texas