The increase in available information, well-known businesses and brands on the internet are in addition to providing consumers with a convenient and inexpensive way of belonging to internet community; generate high interest among consumers (Donthu and Garcia, 1999).
The internet has proved to be an indispensable tool in the present-day business-stimulated society such as Nigeria; for marketing purposes, consumer information management, communication and research. Arnott and Bridgewater (2002) propose that interactivity nature of online/internet service enhances firm’s capacity to understand consumer buying behaviour. This could entail that utilization has develop into a ‘cultural experience’ (Kozinets, 1999) –cultural orientations are greatly affected by this experience motivated by online activities. Low-entry barriers have further brought new vendors into online market place (Chen and Dubinsky, 2003) conferring greater dealing capacity, improved choice, and lesser switching costs on the consumers.
Ranaweera et al. (2005) affirms that the ever-increasing pervasiveness of the internet in addition with the effectiveness and convenience of on-line transactions is liable to affect remarkably change customer behaviour and business dealings. According to Gentry and Calantone (2002), the marketers must do the needful to understand the impact of the system economy on the present consumer behaviour. The studies by Cho and Park (2001) discovered evidence necessitated to assess the twin role of the consumer as user of technology and customer. A critical differentiating factor in internet marketing is that consumer behaviour occurs in a machine-assist...
... middle of paper ...
... the relative low Internet penetration (particularly in rural areas), poor awareness and indifference amongst Nigerians constitute a hurdle to online marketing in the country, it is still a fast rising culture in the country which would potentially benefit from certain advantages of the Internet in the areas of reach, interactivity/intimacy and mobility to boost commercial activities.
In conclusion, it is evident from both Nigeria and International perspectives, that online marketing and use of internet in business activities have emerged and will continue to thrive in a developing economy like Nigeria. Given the pervasive and overwhelming capacities of the internet, it is not out of place to suggest that marketers and businesses now have an uncommon opportunity than before to incredibly influence customers to patronise and ultimately expand business frontiers.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Social shopping allows users to easily compare products and offers, which enhances selection. This provides for user cost savings. The online environment offers a platform for users to share their experience. However, there are challenges to e-commerce. Marketers are scrambling to get people involved in their product. It is challenging to stimulate user interests, so they have an exciting experience to share. The goal of e-commerce strategists is to create a “sticky website.” They want users to stay on the site for a long period of time.... [tags: Electronic commerce, Marketing, Online shopping]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- Technology and globalization have increased accessibility and openness to higher education. However, with the amplified number of opportunities come with some uncertainties. In the past few years, the concept of online or distance learning has prolonged to include a growing number of Massive Online Open Courses (MOOCs), free higher education courses open for enrollment for any user with the internet connection regardless of the device (as most MOOCs are available to support multi-platforms). MOOCs are a recent trend in distance learning promoted by several prestigious universities especially in North America and the UK.... [tags: online learning, distance learning]
1341 words (3.8 pages)
- According to Diamond 2008, social media marketing is marketing that concentrate on people and not products. The company can represent the product through a promotional tool if possible all that really matters is customer’s feedback. Marketers are scared about social media marketing because people provide and control the content posted, therefore negative word of mouth can be said about the brand which can spread worldwide in the twinkle of an eye. Social media does not only help companies and brands expand or create awareness it also influences consumers behavior in terms of gathering information, purchasing decision, opinions, attitude and brand evaluation.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Social network service]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- Incorporating cultural influences into our marketing strategy will be critical moving forward in the global market. To have an effective global marketing strategy, we must consider these cultural influences in the country where the new product is being advertised and it must be understood that their citizens’ choices about purchasing the product is based on these cultural stimuli (Hunt 2016). The first cultural influence to be considered is the Values associated within that society. This is among the top influences to be considered and determines what behavior is suitable and what type is unacceptable (Hunt 2016).... [tags: Marketing, Culture, Advertising, Marketing plan]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- Marketing Implementation Plan Kudler Fine Foods has designed a market research plan that includes using data collection tools to assist them in determining and improving their level of customer service. The data the company collects from the research tools will help determine a future marketing plan that appropriately positions their product and resonates and connects with the customers Kudler is trying to attract. Each of the tools selected will provide Kudler with insight into the customer behavior and opinions of Kudler’s customer base as it relates to customer satisfaction.... [tags: Marketing ]
1770 words (5.1 pages)
- With the internet technology, everyone can stay at home for online shopping. What’s more, if you can enjoy daily discounts with all the information, home delivery and 24-hours daily operation, that’s all can be found by buying Groupon. Groupon, the company has successfully captured millions of online consumers throughout the world. The marketing strategy of Groupon captures the consumer behavior. Consumer buying behavior, defined as... “The buying behavior of final consumers, individual and households who buy goods and services for personal”.Groupon consumers mainly responses to: - Brand selection: the advertisements, messages and discounts offered consumers to try something new with low... [tags: online shopping, groupon, consumer behavior]
1465 words (4.2 pages)
- There have been many things that have transformed our society today; one of those being online shopping. Online shopping began in 1979 and was invented by a man named Michael Aldrich. Michael invented online shopping to enable online transactions between consumers and businesses. Although shopping in stores has been the number one way for Americans to shop all of these years, shopping online has made a big impact on our culture by making advertising sway consumers through marketing, lead us to copy others, cause impulsive behavior, and succumb our moods.... [tags: Online shopping, Electronic commerce, Affect]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- Sales Promotion Sales promotion is a marketing strategy that companies undertake to boost their product and service sales, as well as to promote a company’s image and brand. The marketing era has replaced the mass production concept, which consisted in producing more of a product to satisfy consumer’s demand. Indeed, in the twenty-first century business world, companies are more focused on developing marketing strategies to sell and differentiate their products from their competitor’s. Sales promotion is the marketing strategy that has proven to be efficient and generate high sales response.... [tags: Marketing, Sales, Sales promotion, Promotion]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- Small Business Marketing is from Mars. Small Business Customers Are from Venus. Sometimes small business owners are the last people to pick up on changes in consumer buying behavior, until it impacts their bottom line. In small businesses it can be harder to discern these changes than larger businesses, but there are plenty of signs for anyone who wants to look for them. Salespeople once owned and controlled most of the information about their company. If you wanted to learn about their products, you had to talk to a salesperson.... [tags: Marketing, Small business, Business, Sales]
2129 words (6.1 pages)
- Gender Marketing Gender Marketing is not about male versus female. It is about understanding your customer and his profile thoroughly. Marketers generally adopt the approach of neutral marketing to play safe; by and large both men and women feel that they have not been targeted by the marketers properly. The marketers should continuously strive for competitiveness and take benefits from the ever changing environment which can be facilitated by the realization of the concept of gender marketing.... [tags: Gender Marketing Economics Analysis]
1821 words (5.2 pages)
- The Greatest Russian Composers Of All Time During The Twentieth Century
- Social Divisions And Its Impact On Identities And Sense Of Belonging
- The Discovery Of The Rosetta Stone
- The Civil Rights Movement And Black Activism
- Imf 's Policies During The Economic Crisis
- Erik Spiekermann 's ' Stop Stealing Sheep And Find Out How Type Works