The main authors’ purpose for writing the articles is to inform people about the influence of air pollution on the human health and determine all chemical pollutants into the atmosphere. Dr, Schrank’s, the author one of the articles, has been doing environmental investigation over the course of his life. Obviously, he drew attention to such important issue as air pollution and health.
I did focus on these articles because air pollution is actually a global problem around the world, and this problem will probable never be solved completely. However, as many others people I am really worried about our ecological environment. Also, within my hometown authorities intend to build Ferroalloy plant without the consent of citizens. As a result, emission of Ferroalloy into the atmosphere will adversely affect both the environmental pollution and health of the citizens of the Krasnoyarsk region. Nevertheless, air pollution has dramatically increased since 2000 year in Krasnoyarsk city. As a consequence, more than a half of the inhabitants live in unfavorable environmental. The main pollutants within the city are formaldehyde, phenol, sulfur dioxide, ammonia and carbon monoxide. Furthermore, vehicles pollute the environment while the machines are technically obsolete, and 80% of population uses malignant petrol in order to fill the car up.
In my point of view, constructions of any plants and factories within the urban city is the most unreasonable action of authorities because many people continue to suffer from malignant diseases such as lung cancer, heart illness and mental disorders.
Pollution and Health
Recently, scientists have shown that majority causes of our diseases due to air pollution.
... middle of paper ...
...ur families, be responsible for the future of our children and environment that we leave to them.
In conclusion, air pollution is a primary factor which determines our well-being and contributes developing illnesses. So, everyone should be interested in solving such an important problem as pollution.
1) Bernstein, J. A., Alexis, N., Barnes, C., Bernstein, I. L., Nel, A., Peden, D., . . . Williams, P. B. (2004). Health effects of air pollution. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 114(5), 1116-1123. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2004.08.030
2) H. H. Schrenk Ph.D (1952) A Scientist Views the Air Pollution Problem, Air Repair, 2:1, 17-22, DOI:10.1080/00966665.1952.10467563
3) Health Effects of Air Pollution. United States Environmental Protection Agency. Retrieved from: http://www.epa.gov/region7/air/quality/health.htm
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction The main authors’ purpose for writing the articles is to inform people about the influence of air pollution on the human health and determine all chemical pollutants into the atmosphere. Dr, Schrank’s, the author one of the articles, has been doing environmental investigation over the course of his life. Obviously, he drew attention to such important issue as air pollution and health. I did focus on these articles because air pollution is actually a global problem around the world, and this problem will probable never be solved completely.... [tags: plants, factories, mental disorders, scientists]
986 words (2.8 pages)
- More than three million children under the age of five have passed away because of pollution and other environmental factors (Rinkesh). Pollution is the leading cause of death among developing countries (Petru, Alexis). Air pollution analyst and environmental chemist are two careers that focus on improving our environment to make it safer to live in. Air pollution analyst sample and analyze data collected from polluted air. Once they discover or have a theory on what is causing the pollution, the air pollution analyst works with other scientist to create future techniques for reducing air pollution.... [tags: Air pollution, Smog, Pollution, Oxygen]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- Pollution, many people can know this word since they was young that it is considerable damage on the environment of their habitat but most people cannot define what is actual pollution that effect on our planet. However, the pollutions are explained that occurring from enormous amount of chemical and physical substances released on water resources, land and atmosphere (Saier, 2006). From the definition of pollution, nowadays, people are facing not only one problem but also many effects on abundant pollutions such as water, noise, oil, thermal and air pollutions on our planet.... [tags: Pollution, Air pollution, Acid rain, Water]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- Suhani Shah 1 As Dan Quayle said, “It isn’t pollution that’s harming the environment. It’s the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.” In today’s society, many people are suffering from lethal diseases such as respiratory complications to lung diseases. Not only the diseases that people are suffering from air pollution, it’s also affecting the natural habitat and animals living in it. In particular, air pollution affects China, India, and Pakistan the most, which causes them to have more severe problems.... [tags: Air pollution, Lung cancer, Air Quality Index]
1441 words (4.1 pages)
- Air pollution is a major issue in society currently. During the early parts of the 1900’s and up until the 1970’s all industries went unchecked for the harmful chemicals released into the environment. Since then many “Clean Air” acts have been passed, improving the environment tremendously, reducing the amount of contaminants in our air substantially. Although these “Clean Air” acts have helped our ecosystem immensely, the remnants of the past still haunt us today. In some areas air pollution is still a serious problem affecting tourism, the environment, and people’s overall health.... [tags: Air pollution, Pollution, Global warming]
1063 words (3 pages)
- What is air pollution. In recent years the demand for electricity such as thermal power, iron and steel etc has increased rapidly, but with this demand also comes the problem of air pollution. Air pollution is the presence of a chemical or a substance which is harmful or has a poisonous effect introduced into the air. Whereas, Toxic air pollutants, also known as hazardous air pollutants, are pollutants that cause cancer and other serious health effects such as asthma, damage to the immune system, and environmental effects.... [tags: Air pollution]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- Air is valuable essence of every living thing on earth, especially the human race. Clean air is key to sustain the equilibrium of life on this planet. Having deficient air quality can lead to multiple consequences such as emissions from various substances, both natural and human caused. Air is a combination of several gases that are invisible and odorless. Air pollution occurs when the environment contains gases, dust, fumes or other harmful substances. The amounts which are harmful to humans and animals could also damage to plants and materials.... [tags: Air pollution]
1386 words (4 pages)
- Air pollution concentrations have been rapidly increasing in the major urban areas of Brazil caused mainly by the increasing use of vehicles. Policies to control car emissions in Brazil have relied basically on mandatory emission standards and subsidies for specific cleaner technology resulting in substantial decrease of car emission rates. Nevertheless, taxes on car sales, differentiated by vehicles' size and fuel, have also influenced car emission patterns. This paper analyses the compliance trend of the Brazilian fleet with environmental standards between 1992 and 1997.... [tags: Driving Air Pollution Emissions Global Warming]
1853 words (5.3 pages)
- Climate Change: From Local to Global In the United States, air pollution contributes to the death of 250 people a year and another 700 are admitted to hospitals because it is difficult to breath. 1 in every 8 deaths on Earth are linked to air pollution. Sometimes, it is visible to see pollution in the air, but it’s what can not be seen that causes the most harm. Air pollution comes from natural and human sources and it connects the world. Pollutants mix in the air to form industrial smog, primarily as a result of burning coal, and photochemical smog, caused by emissions from motor vehicles, industrial facilities, and power plants.... [tags: Air pollution, Smog, Air Quality Index]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Air pollution is one of the harmful substances to our environment, and it causes the damaging of the environment in the atmosphere such as, human and animal health and the quality of life. This is, recently there has been an increase in the death rates that result from diseases that caused by air pollution such as, asthma, respiratory system problem, lung cancer (National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences). Air pollution does not only affect humans’ live, but it also damages our ecological system as a whole such as plants and animals.... [tags: Air pollution, Particulate, Smog, Ozone]
756 words (2.2 pages)