The industry code for Apple Inc is 423690. This code includes Telephone equipment merchant wholesalers which would include Apple 's iPhones. This code also includes communications equipment merchant wholesalers. This part would be more of Apple 's headphones, iPhones, iPads and several other of its products. Other areas of this industry include Blank audio or video tape Merchant wholesalers, Blank compact disc merchant wholesalers, Radar equipment merchant wholesalers, Telegraph equipment merchant wholesalers and Broadcasting equipment merchant wholesalers (NAICS).
Apple has many major competitors in its many fields. When it comes to personal computers the majority favorite isn 't Apple but is HP. With this in mind Apple still has a loyal following of supporters who report high satisfaction with the company 's Macintosh computers (investopedia). Apple holds a 12 percent market share in the PC field. This compared to HP`s 26.1 percent and Dells 23.2 percent makes Apple third in this field. It did have more growth than the two biggest competitors. It has with a 8.9 percent growth since quarter one of 2014. Lenovo is also a close competitor with a 11.8 percent market share and grew faster than Apple did since quarter one of 2014 at 13.5 percent. This is all based in the US market share. When it comes to world wide market share Apple doesn 't even rank in the top 5 in market shares. Lenovo, HP and Dell all hold the top three spots at 18.9 percent, 17.3 percent and 12.6 percent respectively. (Apple`s Mac)
When it comes to Smartphones Apple comes in second in this part of the industry. The iPod has changed Apple 's business model and the industry.Currently apple holds 18.3percent in quarter 1 of 2015 its major comp...
... middle of paper ...
...nto Apple 's market share locally in the US.
Apple Inc has recently acquired LinX, a camera technology company based in Israel that focuses on multi-aperture camera sensors for 20 million dollars (Apple Acquisitions). This shows that Apple inc is trying to improve all of there products that have a camera. Allowing them to do something like they did with the iPhone 6 plus where they add new features to the product to charge more and make more money.
Another Apple acquisition is one of the biggest data analytics firm Acunu in 2013. They did this to improve one of their other products they produce the iCloud and iTunes. It is a database software company (Apple Acquisitions). This acquisition shows that apple is not only concerned about its main line products, but also their side products that come with the main line products that they have.
Ratio and Financial Analysis
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The industry code for Apple Inc is 423690. This code includes Telephone equipment merchant wholesalers which would include Apple 's iPhones. This code also includes communications equipment merchant wholesalers. This part would be more of Apple 's headphones, iPhones, iPads and several other of its products. Other areas of this industry include Blank audio or video tape Merchant wholesalers, Blank compact disc merchant wholesalers, Radar equipment merchant wholesalers, Telegraph equipment merchant wholesalers and Broadcasting equipment merchant wholesalers (NAICS).... [tags: Apple Inc., IPhone, IPod, ITunes]
1840 words (5.3 pages)
- While a market for the Apple I was clearly grown, Steve Jobs would again drive the Apple Inc. to develop a personal computer with an ease of use that was previously unknown to consumers. The introduction of the ‘Apple II’ refocused the self-assembly kit idea of the home computer to one of a commercially ready product. The Apple II brought along a wide availability of software for its’ operating system. Many programs were extensively adopted in numerous schools across the country and in resulted in the development of further educational software (Atkinson 87).... [tags: Apple Inc., Personal computer, Apple II series]
1560 words (4.5 pages)
- Introduction Apple’s Computer Inc. began its journey in the garage of the family home of one of its founders, Steve Job. Steve Job along with his other two friends, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne started the company on April 1, 1976. Steve Job sold is prized Volkswagen for $1350.00 for the company’s startup. The company manufactures computers, market mobile communication and media devices, portable digital music players, they sell a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, third-party digital content and applications.... [tags: Steve Jobs, IPhone, Apple Inc., Steve Wozniak]
1700 words (4.9 pages)
- This paper aims at analyzing the initiatives, which such large organizations as Apple Inc. takes to improve their social, environmental and financial sustainability. The paper also sheds light on the way the organization can deploy cost accounting procedures to enhance their sustainability. Furthermore, the paper highlights the variations in the use of cost accounting by the company under consideration and companies in the past. In addition to that, the paper identifies the limitations in the current strategies of the organization and proposes recommendations to improve these limitations.... [tags: Employees, Cost, Development]
1374 words (3.9 pages)
- Apple Incorporation is constantly innovative when it comes technology. Some of the most recent technological developments are the iRing, iWatch; smartwatch, Apple iTV and 3D sensor. The 3D sensor technology will include a number of applications and industries; it involves the user movements to make video games possible. (Maisto, 2013) PrimeSense call 1.08 3D sensor, used in Kinect, the “most robust, affordable, and market-proved 3D sensing reference design ever made,” (para.4). Apple has a niche for the “i” in revolutionary technology.... [tags: apple inc, iRing, smartwatch]
1372 words (3.9 pages)
- Segmentation is putting marketing focus on a particular group of potential consumers. The computer industry has many companies that produce computers but Mac by Apple has segmented them self from other computer companies like HP and Sony. The “five competitive forces and competitors” (Kotler & Keller, 2009, p.154) described by Michael Porter are the “threat of intense segment rivalry, the threat of new entrants, the threat of substitute products, the threat of buyers’ growing bargaining power, and the threat of suppliers’ growing bargaining power” (pp.154-155).... [tags: Marketing]
793 words (2.3 pages)
- Information Technology has changed immensely throughout the time. There are different people who can be accredited for the dynamic changes that have touched everyone life and one of the legends to thank would be Steve Jobs. For instances, mobile phones were used for the sole purpose of calling but now the introduction of smart phones has put the entire world in the hand of the users. Now, phones are used for video calls, reminders, using different social media applications such as Facebook, Instagram and Tweeter and so on are some to list.... [tags: Apple Inc., Steve Jobs, IPhone, Apple II series]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- I have picked Steve Jobs and Bill Gates as my choice for the cultural icons. They are well known for the companies they have founded and are very popular in today’s day in age. They are both united into making well-built and magnificent products that are under their business known as Apple and Microsoft. They do have their differences on who makes the better computer or other product, fighting for which is better. Both of them have their popularity, and have their importance in this society, giving hope to young entrepreneurs into starting their own business and they, as well as their team, push technology into a whole new level.... [tags: Steve Jobs, Apple Inc., Bill Gates, Microsoft]
858 words (2.5 pages)
- Cell phones has become a huge thing now in society. Some people phones are their basic life line, without their cell phone they would be lost. There are two kinds of phone systems in the phone industry. The two different types of phone systems are iPhones and Androids. For a moment like just look a little bit deeper into iPhones. IPhones are a single style phone and a phone that has a simple operation system. How are iPhones important to one’s life. IPhones are important because of its comfortable feeling, genius bar, and software just for apple products.... [tags: Apple Inc., IPhone, Mobile phone, Apple Store]
801 words (2.3 pages)
- An economic crisis can be a crucible that forges new innovations in business operations or they can lead companies to make dumb mistakes that destroy them as they rush blindly to survive. We’re beginning to see corporations move into one camp or the other as the economic downturn gets worse and worse but one company one company stands out for forging ahead on innovation: Apple Computers. Apple’s innovation in their new product introduction leads the way and shows how product innovation can deliver superior economic return to a company and its shareholder.... [tags: Case Study, Company, Profile, solution]
1954 words (5.6 pages)
- Sexual Objectification Of Female Objectification
- Prevalence Of Hiv / Aids Epidemic
- Organizational Leadership As A Leader
- Personal Reflection On Managing My Work Priorities And Professional Development
- How Technology Has Changed The Way Teens Interact And Communicate
- The Great Gatsby By F. Scott Fitzgerald