According to Apple’s website, its current mission statement says "Apple designs Macs, the best personal computers in the world, along with OS X, iLife, iWork and professional software. Apple (Primary SIC Code 3571) leads the digital music revolution with its iPods and iTunes online store. Apple has reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App store, and is defining the future of mobile media and computing devices with iPad." Which simply states that they are here to stay and they are leading the way in this industry.
The cell phone industry is among those that experienced the fastest growths in the communication industry. The personal headset (phone) industry is always booming and has been since the introduction of the iPhone on June 29, 2007. With the help of the internet the cellular phone industry is one of the strongest investment opportunities to take advantage of. Its occurrence in usage increased exponentially from 24 million at its early stages to a staggering 182 million. That figure, 182 million, just accounts for wireless phone devices in the U.S. There is another 162 million, which accounts for all mobile phone users in the U.S. These figures are JUST for the U.S. population.
The ever changing aspect of the modernizations and countless emerging innovations have resulted in vast improvements in cell phone technology. We are living in a world where everybody wants to keep up with the latest, most advanced gadgets and new technology. As a result of this, the cell phone industry just keeps on growing since this gadget has become an indispensable everyday tool for every Joe and Jane in the world. Many of us will return home in the morning if it is forgotten on the kitchen table...
... middle of paper ...
... just 3.6 billion. Both net profit and sales rose also increased from the same period last year, rising from 3.7 billion on sales of 41.7 billion in 2014 's Q3, to $4.8 billion on sales of $45.6 billion.
The global cell phone industry is expected to continue its growth momentum of 2006-2011 and reach an estimated $334.8 billion in 2017. The cell phone industry is among those that experienced the fastest growths in the communication industry. The cell phone industry is highly concentrated. The competitive nature of the industry has changed significantly during the last five years. The cell phone industry is one of the fastest-moving industries in the world. The market is growing rapidly with ever-emerging technologies and innovation. The industry is highly concentrated, consisting of smartphone and feature phone segments. This industry has a very bright future ahead.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1. Current state of Fast Food Industry 1.1 Current State of the industry Fast food outlets actually have been existed from millennia in China, India and ancient Europe. In the past, many people cannot afford to have a kitchen and this becomes the main reason they buy their food in fast food outlets (Reverse Your Age, 2013). The perception of fast food started to change in twentieth century. The first company that change the culture and perception of fast food was McDonald’s, followed by their future competitors such as KFC, Burger King, Wendy’s, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut and Subway.... [tags: Fast Food Industry Analysis ]
4302 words (12.3 pages)
- Macroeconomic Analysis of Bangladesh's Ready-Made Garments Industry The Ready-Made Garments (RMG) industry contributes to the Bangladesh economy in a distinctive manner. The last 20 years witnessed unparalleled growth in this sector, which is also the largest exporting industry in Bangladesh. It has attained a high profile in terms of foreign exchange earnings, exports, industrialization and contribution to GDP within a short span of time. The industry plays a significant role in terms of employment generation.... [tags: Industry Economic Analysis Bangladesh]
1697 words (4.8 pages)
- Steel Industry In the early part of this century was a time when industry was booming with growth around the installation of major railroads. With this growth came the transatlantic cable, the telegraph, and a whole lot of steel. Steel would be needed in the construction of these new transportation systems and communications were now possible between businesses and industries. (Wren, 2005) This paper will first discuss the development of the steel industry. Next, it will examine steel, and in the impact it had on the transportation industry.... [tags: Industry]
1473 words (4.2 pages)
- FINANCIAL STATEMENT ANALYSIS In order to get a comprehensive analysis on SIA's financial statement analysis , we compared SIA's 5 financial year ending(FYE) results with the industry's average and 2 of its main competitors Cathay Pacific Airways and Qantas Airways . Cathay has been trailing closely to SIA in terms of first class cabin service and profitability for years. Qantas has long been dominating the highly profitable Kangaroo route and is ranked 5th in the world by Skytrax's survey .... [tags: Airlines Industry ]
1550 words (4.4 pages)
- In a previous article we described how to pick stocks based on a relative value approach within an industry. In this article we describe methods to screen for industries as opposed to the stocks within them. Many market practitioners stress the importance of industry analysis and maintain that however good the quality of a stock is, it is highly unlikely to outperform if the industry is performing poorly. Many of the ideas in this section have been taken from TV presenter and market practitioner, Jim Cramer.... [tags: Business Economy Industry]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- Car Industry Analysis Since the beginning of the car there has been history of used car sales and since World War II boom in auto sales there has been an increasingly large amount of used autos being sold. Immediately following World War II, there were roughly nine buyers for every new car produced. Sales personnel merely had to find out who could afford a new car. "Afford" was defined as paying cash. This condition existed until the early 1950s when supply began to discover that some new terms were creeping into the retail salesperson's vocabulary.... [tags: Business Auto Industry cars]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- Industry Analysis: Apple Computers 1. Analyzing the computer industry from 1995 to 2005 seemed to be like analyzing a game of chest between the major competitors. The development is noticeable and the shaping of different corporate strategies could be sensed easily thanks to the different approaches toward the movement of the industry that the companies had; some of them shaped it, some followed it and some helped it grow. In order for us to analyze the computer industry during the up said time period, we will consider porter's five forces analysis, though static, it helps improve one's understanding of the setting and the conditions of such.... [tags: Business Analysis Apple]
1917 words (5.5 pages)
- Pharma Industry Analysis Today's business environment is extremely competitive and in economics parlance where perfect competition exists, the profits of the firms operating in that industry will become zero. However, this is not possible because, firstly no company is a price taker (i.e. no company will operate where profits are zero). Secondly, they strive to create a competitive advantage to thrive in the competitive scenario. Michael Porter, considered to be one of the foremost gurus' of management, developed the famous five-force model, which influences an industry.... [tags: Business Management Analysis]
1035 words (3 pages)
- High Innovation Turbulence in this industry which is evidently in the maturity stage Competitor Analysis The two major competitors are HP and Lenovo About HP They are in the same strategic group as Dell After losing 5% of their combined Market Share they are now gaining ground and in the US have managed to reduce the market share gap between them and Dell by increasing the efficiency of corporate functions and focusing on relationship marketing aimed at both the retailing and consumer industry with the aim of keeping customers loyal and profitable in an efficient way.... [tags: Market, Analysis, Case Study, solution]
1048 words (3 pages)
- IT Industry Industry Background Information Technology (IT) industry is one of the most robust industries in the world. More than any other industry or economic facet, this industry has an increased productivity, particularly in the developed world, and therefore is a key driver of global economic growth. Economies of scale and insatiable demand from both consumers and enterprises characterize this rapidly growing sector. Both software development and the hardware involved in the IT industry include everything from computer systems, to the design, implementation, study and development of IT and management systems.... [tags: Market Industry Analysis]
1149 words (3.3 pages)