Incident response is the method for dealing with the security of a computer system when there is an attack. Incident response activities include incident verification, analyzing and containing the attack, collecting and preserving data, fixing the problem, and restoring services. Hence it is very essential to revise the organization's incident response plan and ensure that the differences between the computing environment of the organization and the cloud are addressed. This is a prerequisite for transitioning of applications and data but it is overlooked most of the time.
To ensure security and privacy in cloud computing, it is important for the service provider and the subscriber to collaborate and formulate a well-defined incident response plan. The provisions and procedures of the incident response plan must be finalized before entering into a service contract in order to avoid issues later on. In a particular case, it reportedly took a provider almost eight hours to recognize and start taking action on a denial of service attack against its cloud infrastructure, after the issue was reported by the subscriber.
Incidence response has to be handled such that there is limited damage and with reduced recovery time and cost. For effective incidence response, it is essential to quickly convene a team of representatives that includes members from both the cloud provider and the service subscriber. This is important as the remedy for an attack may involve a single party or require the participation of both parties. Another possible issue that may arise during incidence response is that, resolving the current issue may affect other subscribers of the cloud service. To address this issue, it is vital that the clo...
... middle of paper ...
...rging area of cryptography with little results to offer.
Data Sanitization - Sanitization can be defined as the removal of sensitive data from a storage device. This can occur in different scenarios such as when a storage device is taken out of service or when it is moved somewhere else. Data sanitization also applies to copies taken as a backup for recovery and restoration, and also on the data that is remaining after the services are terminated. Hence, what kind of data sanitization practices a cloud provider implements have a great impact on security. In a cloud computing environment, what makes data sanitization complex is that data from one subscriber is physically mixed with the data of other subscribers. This can lead to cases where large amounts of sensitive information can be recovered from purchased used drives or from improperly disposed failed drives.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and hacking are all security issues in our computer network. Each of these malwares or programs attaches and spreads in different ways. Through hacking hackers can infect computers with various types or malware and viruses. This paper will explain what viruses are, how it occurs and the types of cybercrimes that can result from it, and how to better protect your computer. “Security warning. Application cannot be encrypted or Spyware alert. Your computer is infected by spyware.... [tags: Security ]
1625 words (4.6 pages)
- Since the beginning of technology, the security levels have dramatically increased making the computers and information technology very secure places to store information. In the beginning computer security focused mainly on securing the computer and the physical system. But with everything becoming more and more mobile, security isn’t just about the physical system anymore…it’s also about securing the information that is constantly running between systems and being stored in clouds. This is information security.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Security]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- http://forums.iobit.com/forum/iobit-security-software/iobit-security-softwares-general-discussions/other-security-discussions/15251-28-types-of-computer-security-threats-and-risA specialized field in computer system security that involves securing a computer system hardware and software. Security is typically handled by a system administrator who implements the security policy, network software and hardware needed to protect a system and the resources accessed through the network from unauthorized access and also ensure that employees have adequate access to resources.... [tags: Computer security, Internet, Password]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- Privacy and Security are very important aspects in regards to computer databases and keeping them safe. Data Privacy is a way to keep your information secure, and keeping your information secure means it’s going to be kept private (vice versa). Information and data privacy is the relationship between gathering and classifying data and technologies while at the same time keeping them private in the context of the organization. While Computer security and IT security are defined as the means of security and how they translate to computers, their network infrastructures, and the data encompassing the databases that store this data and making sure they are kept safe and classified.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Information security]
2293 words (6.6 pages)
- To: Incoming Computer Science Students From: Christopher Beberness Subject: Vulnerability Assessment Analysis Date: October 8, 2016 Purpose The vulnerability assessment is used in the cyber security field of the computer science. The purpose of this report template is to effectively convey information conducted from a penetration test on a company’s network. Background The vulnerability assessment report is comprised of any exploit or possible weaknesses found in a company’s network while conducting a penetration test as well as a level of risk and how it can be addressed .... [tags: Computer security, Computer, Security]
1049 words (3 pages)
- Cyber security is defined as the protection of information on computer systems and the protection of the hardware that supports or stores the information on computers or servers. This level of protection can include controlling physical access to the hardware, as well as protecting against harm that may come from local or remote network access, data and code injection and due to malpractice by system operators, who may have been tricked by outside personnel to place the system in a compromising situation.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Computer]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- In computer security, a vulnerability is a weakness which allows an attacker to reduce a system 's information assurance. Vulnerability is the intersection of three elements: a system susceptibility or flaw, attacker access to the flaw, and attacker capability to exploit the flaw. To exploit vulnerability, an attacker must have at least one applicable tool or technique that can connect to a system weakness. In this frame, vulnerability is also known as the attack surface. (Wikipedia). With this previous definition we can assume that a threat occurs when a weakness is Identified and attacked from an outside source for malicious purposes.... [tags: Internet, Computer, Computer security]
716 words (2 pages)
- Pradeep Kumar Chagantipati Cuw id: F00437246 Data Security and Information Assurance: Data Security • Data security is defined as keeping the data safe and restricting unauthorized access. • The key role of data security is to guarantee protection while ensuring individual or corporate information. • Data is stored as columns and rows in our databases, system servers and computers. Information could be anything that can be perused or generally interpreted in human form. • In order to prevent unauthorized access, we need to follow certain methods to ensure data is secure Encryption: Here data is encrypted, only the receiving end possess a decoding key.... [tags: Information security, Computer security, Security]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- “In HYPERLINK "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_security" computer security, a vulnerability is a weakness which allows an HYPERLINK "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hacker_(computer_security)" attacker to reduce a system 's HYPERLINK "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Information_assurance" information assurance”. In other words some entity you may or may not have done direct business with has a flaw in their data flow or storage that allows an attacker access and the ability to move forward a secure level without invitation or permission.... [tags: Computer security, Internet, Attack]
843 words (2.4 pages)
- Computer Network Security Alternatives Computer network security and integrity is a large concern among all types and sizes of companies. The options for solving security risks are as varied as the companies themselves. However, it is possible to break down the methods for dealing with security risks into three major categories. Companies have the option to: 1. Select best of breed products for their various security needs and assemble the products together to form their own customized solutions.... [tags: Computer Network Security Essays]
776 words (2.2 pages)
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and its Relation to Society Today
- All About Vitamin D
- Analysis of the Article: "Reading in a Whole New Way" by Kevin Kelly
- Prosthetic Heart Valve Replacement and a Case Study Article Analysis
- Clothing from the 1790s to the 1900s
- Analysis of the Book of Jeremiah in the Bible