Incident response is the method for dealing with the security of a computer system when there is an attack. Incident response activities include incident verification, analyzing and containing the attack, collecting and preserving data, fixing the problem, and restoring services. Hence it is very essential to revise the organization's incident response plan and ensure that the differences between the computing environment of the organization and the cloud are addressed. This is a prerequisite for transitioning of applications and data but it is overlooked most of the time.
To ensure security and privacy in cloud computing, it is important for the service provider and the subscriber to collaborate and formulate a well-defined incident response plan. The provisions and procedures of the incident response plan must be finalized before entering into a service contract in order to avoid issues later on. In a particular case, it reportedly took a provider almost eight hours to recognize and start taking action on a denial of service attack against its cloud infrastructure, after the issue was reported by the subscriber.
Incidence response has to be handled such that there is limited damage and with reduced recovery time and cost. For effective incidence response, it is essential to quickly convene a team of representatives that includes members from both the cloud provider and the service subscriber. This is important as the remedy for an attack may involve a single party or require the participation of both parties. Another possible issue that may arise during incidence response is that, resolving the current issue may affect other subscribers of the cloud service. To address this issue, it is vital that the clo...
... middle of paper ...
...rging area of cryptography with little results to offer.
Data Sanitization - Sanitization can be defined as the removal of sensitive data from a storage device. This can occur in different scenarios such as when a storage device is taken out of service or when it is moved somewhere else. Data sanitization also applies to copies taken as a backup for recovery and restoration, and also on the data that is remaining after the services are terminated. Hence, what kind of data sanitization practices a cloud provider implements have a great impact on security. In a cloud computing environment, what makes data sanitization complex is that data from one subscriber is physically mixed with the data of other subscribers. This can lead to cases where large amounts of sensitive information can be recovered from purchased used drives or from improperly disposed failed drives.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and hacking are all security issues in our computer network. Each of these malwares or programs attaches and spreads in different ways. Through hacking hackers can infect computers with various types or malware and viruses. This paper will explain what viruses are, how it occurs and the types of cybercrimes that can result from it, and how to better protect your computer. “Security warning. Application cannot be encrypted or Spyware alert. Your computer is infected by spyware.... [tags: Security ]
1625 words (4.6 pages)
- Privacy and Security are very important aspects in regards to computer databases and keeping them safe. Data Privacy is a way to keep your information secure, and keeping your information secure means it’s going to be kept private (vice versa). Information and data privacy is the relationship between gathering and classifying data and technologies while at the same time keeping them private in the context of the organization. While Computer security and IT security are defined as the means of security and how they translate to computers, their network infrastructures, and the data encompassing the databases that store this data and making sure they are kept safe and classified.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Information security]
2293 words (6.6 pages)
- Cyber security is defined as the protection of information on computer systems and the protection of the hardware that supports or stores the information on computers or servers. This level of protection can include controlling physical access to the hardware, as well as protecting against harm that may come from local or remote network access, data and code injection and due to malpractice by system operators, who may have been tricked by outside personnel to place the system in a compromising situation.... [tags: Computer security, Information security, Computer]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Computer Security Computer security is an important issue and threats to the computer must be countered through various access controls and safety measures. Authorized accesses, avoidance of malicious software, prevention of applications from hackers are the steps that make a system secure. The fundamentals of computer security include an understanding of security policy stating laws, practices and regulations to manage and protect sensitive information. Enforcing a devised security policy and assurance of policy implementation are other important aspects of computer security.... [tags: Computer security, Computer, Authorization]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Abstract This paper focusses on the analysis of the importance of the security baselines by critically looking at the significance of this security baselines on the computer operating system, application system, and various computer network components. This paper, therefore, strives to provide the organizations that do not have security guidelines in place reasons to adopt them by clearly laying down the benefits that will trickle down to them and the security risks they will be protected against.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Information security]
1420 words (4.1 pages)
- 1. Explain why data security is important. The many aspects of data security are integral and critical with any businesses or home computer user. These areas include Client information, payment/transactional information, individual files, banking information and proprietary intellectual property. These forms of data and information are difficult to replace once lost. Though data security often refers to protection from unwanted hackers, spyware and viruses it, also, comes in the form of natural disasters with the likes of a flood or fire.... [tags: Database, SQL, Data management]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- Businesses and people are using Internet for entertainment, e-business and e-commerce, social networking, and communication to the people and business, but there have always been threats to the Internet Security. Internet security is major concern in field of technology, because there are various personal, business and government data on the Internet. Today every businesses and organizations have their own security systems to reach their goals of information security. Internet security systems are created to reduce cyber attack risks, reliability, maintain confidentiality, and compliance with privacy laws and national security laws.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Internet]
962 words (2.7 pages)
- The data breach at Target had a massive impact on cyber security. According to Lauren Abdel-Razzaq, we live in a world where consumers don’t even think twice about paying with a credit or debit card or buying items online or with mobile devices (2014). However, data breaches have become a major threat and continue to impact companies all over the world. Companies should take information security as seriously as possible. We don’t live in a perfect world. Anything can happen at any time, even if a company has the most sophisticated security system in place.... [tags: Information security, Security, Computer security]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- Every business from the small auto shop in our neighborhood to a big national corporations are worried about the same thing, keeping sensitive data safe, either by storing the physical paper work in a secure room or by strengthening computer security measures. Data needs to be handling with care and monitored all the time to make sure that the integrity of files has not been corrupted. Plus, data collected and stored in serves needs to be protected from any type of disaster either physically or electronically.... [tags: Computers]
797 words (2.3 pages)
- Computer Network Security Alternatives Computer network security and integrity is a large concern among all types and sizes of companies. The options for solving security risks are as varied as the companies themselves. However, it is possible to break down the methods for dealing with security risks into three major categories. Companies have the option to: 1. Select best of breed products for their various security needs and assemble the products together to form their own customized solutions.... [tags: Computer Network Security Essays]
776 words (2.2 pages)