Incident response is the method for dealing with the security of a computer system when there is an attack. Incident response activities include incident verification, analyzing and containing the attack, collecting and preserving data, fixing the problem, and restoring services. Hence it is very essential to revise the organization's incident response plan and ensure that the differences between the computing environment of the organization and the cloud are addressed. This is a prerequisite for transitioning of applications and data but it is overlooked most of the time.
To ensure security and privacy in cloud computing, it is important for the service provider and the subscriber to collaborate and formulate a well-defined incident response plan. The provisions and procedures of the incident response plan must be finalized before entering into a service contract in order to avoid issues later on. In a particular case, it reportedly took a provider almost eight hours to recognize and start taking action on a denial of service attack against its cloud infrastructure, after the issue was reported by the subscriber.
Incidence response has to be handled such that there is limited damage and with reduced recovery time and cost. For effective incidence response, it is essential to quickly convene a team of representatives that includes members from both the cloud provider and the service subscriber. This is important as the remedy for an attack may involve a single party or require the participation of both parties. Another possible issue that may arise during incidence response is that, resolving the current issue may affect other subscribers of the cloud service. To address this issue, it is vital that the clo...
... middle of paper ...
...rging area of cryptography with little results to offer.
Data Sanitization - Sanitization can be defined as the removal of sensitive data from a storage device. This can occur in different scenarios such as when a storage device is taken out of service or when it is moved somewhere else. Data sanitization also applies to copies taken as a backup for recovery and restoration, and also on the data that is remaining after the services are terminated. Hence, what kind of data sanitization practices a cloud provider implements have a great impact on security. In a cloud computing environment, what makes data sanitization complex is that data from one subscriber is physically mixed with the data of other subscribers. This can lead to cases where large amounts of sensitive information can be recovered from purchased used drives or from improperly disposed failed drives.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and hacking are all security issues in our computer network. Each of these malwares or programs attaches and spreads in different ways. Through hacking hackers can infect computers with various types or malware and viruses. This paper will explain what viruses are, how it occurs and the types of cybercrimes that can result from it, and how to better protect your computer. “Security warning. Application cannot be encrypted or Spyware alert. Your computer is infected by spyware.... [tags: Security ]
1625 words (4.6 pages)
- Every business from the small auto shop in our neighborhood to a big national corporations are worried about the same thing, keeping sensitive data safe, either by storing the physical paper work in a secure room or by strengthening computer security measures. Data needs to be handling with care and monitored all the time to make sure that the integrity of files has not been corrupted. Plus, data collected and stored in serves needs to be protected from any type of disaster either physically or electronically.... [tags: Computers]
797 words (2.3 pages)
- Computer Network Security Alternatives Computer network security and integrity is a large concern among all types and sizes of companies. The options for solving security risks are as varied as the companies themselves. However, it is possible to break down the methods for dealing with security risks into three major categories. Companies have the option to: 1. Select best of breed products for their various security needs and assemble the products together to form their own customized solutions.... [tags: Computer Network Security Essays]
776 words (2.2 pages)
- Nowadays, people often use computers to store various personal data, and valuable data on the business of the company and others. Every computer should have security to protect all important data from computer security risk, such as attacks from hackers, crackers and also cyber terrorisms. A computer security risk is any event or action that could cause a loss or damage to computer hardware, software, data, or information. The intruders acted intentionally or accidentally. Some intruders breach the computer security by accessing data without modifying the data and some of them access, modify and sometimes delete the data.... [tags: Computer, Crime, Hacking]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- Many users are subject of Security and Privacy on the Internet issue. The term "information" now is more used when defining a special product or article of trade which could be bought, sold, exchanged, etc. Often the price of information is higher many times than the cost of the very computers and technologies where it is functioning. Naturally it raises the need of protecting information from unauthorized access, theft, destruction, and other crimes. However, many users do not realize that they risk their security and privacy online.... [tags: Computer Security]
1474 words (4.2 pages)
- Introduction The first thing that we must consider about Information Security is that there is not a final destination at which we can arrive. IT Security is an ongoing set of processes and activities that requires attention and expertise on a daily basis. It is important to understand that systems are not secured by themselves and it is our responsibility to maintain and improve them periodically as required. It is of vital importance to establish the appropriate mechanisms and requirements in order to support the company’s CIA triad.... [tags: IT Security]
2693 words (7.7 pages)
- Computer technology is one of the most essential in the world of today. It has become an important tool in varieties applications. There have two main areas which based on the computer technology to accomplish in their systems, these are the data model and the data classification. In terms of The data modelling, it is a way to simplify the real system by using the abstract representation. Birta and Arbez (2007:p. 6) state that data modelling has replaced the real system by describing with a simple technical way instead of find out the results by using experiments.... [tags: Technology, Data Modeling]
1993 words (5.7 pages)
- What is a computer virus. A computer virus is a piece of malicious code that is capable of copying itself and typically has a detrimental effect such as corrupting a system or destroying data. Computer viruses are written with the sole intention of stealing data or crippling a system. The term computer virus is derived from and is in some sense analogous to a biological virus. The word virus itself is Latin for poison. Simplistically, biological viral infections are spread by the virus (a small shell containing genetic material) injecting its contents into a far larger organism’s cell.... [tags: pc, cyberspace, virus, computer system]
1715 words (4.9 pages)
- Computer Crimes come in a variety of names and can include hate crimes, telemarketing and internet fraud, identity theft and credit card account theft. These are considered to be cyber crimes when the illegal activities are committed through the use of a computer and the internet. It is very difficult to gauge the amount of damage and/or financial loss that has resulted from computer crimes. Many times the victim does not even know that they have been targeted or even that they are a victim. Those that do realize that they are a victim of a computer crime many times do not report it to the authorities or have no way of knowing what caused them to be a victim in the first place.... [tags: Computer Software Hacking Security]
1710 words (4.9 pages)
- Computer About two hundred years before, the word "computer" started to appear in the dictionary. Some people even didn't know what is a computer. However, most of the people today not just knowing what is a computer, but understand how to use a computer. Therefore, computer become more and more popular and important to our society. We can use computer everywhere and they are very useful and helpful to our life. The speed and accuracy of computer made people felt confident and reliable. Therefore, many important information or data are saved in the computer.... [tags: science]
2484 words (7.1 pages)