Reflection using Brookfield’s Autobiographical and Literature Lenses
... middle of paper ...
... places. I regained my confidence with the very positive feedback about my professional role from the other staff at my workplace, families and my mentor teachers. However, as a professional, I still need to develop confidence to speak the right thing in front of the person doing wrong as still I can see the the hierarchy of the positions among people.
In order to support my professional learning and development, I will actively participate in the professional training session at my workplace, online or at another centres to enhance my knowledge and skills to deal with this type of situations for future. I will learn to positively confront the situations at the workplace through the mentoring of the educational leaders and my employer. I will use my learnt knowledge to solve the issue at the starting with the person involved before it becomes a serious issue.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Each year many people first become aware of sexual harassment when they are harassed in the workplace. Today in the United States there still seems to be a need for general information about sexual harassment. Many people are unaware of exactly what sexual harassment is, how it affects its victims, where it happens, and what to do if it happens to them. There are many laws that protect people from sexual harassment and provide them with information about what to do if you should ever be in this situation (Wyatt, 2000).... [tags: Workplace Harassment Essays]
1392 words (4 pages)
- In the wake of the recent events like the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO we have seen increase of racism in this country. For about a month after the event all you could find on the news and social media was new media from Black Allies. “This incident has led to a boom of social media reaction and activism; hashtags abound, Black voices loud, White voices noticeably silent.” (III & →, 2014) I have compiled a list of directives that I think could have helped the white allies during this time, by seeing, listening, speaking, and acting.... [tags: White people, Race, Black people]
709 words (2 pages)
- ... Jerrod was stomping out of the shop, with his lunchbox and jacket, headed for the parking lot. No one stopped him. I asked “What happened?” to Steve, the shop foreman. Steve explained that a few of the guys had been joking around with Jerrod and it went too far. Jerrod took offense and lost his temper, nothing to worry about, Steve said. If it was nothing, I wondered to myself, why was Jerrod leaving. And why was the door broken. I would have an explanation the next day. Jerrod never came back that day, and this was well before cell phones were prevalent.... [tags: Employment, Management, Termination of employment]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Bullying comes in many forms that may include verbal and physical abuse, humiliation, and intimation through abuse of power in the workplace. Sadly, the bully feeds his own ego and allows the demons, deep inside his soul to take control of his mind and body without any remorse for his actions as he harms others. Verbal abuse can be exhibited when the biggest kid on the block openly picks on the smaller and weaker kids and repeatedly calls them “stupid”. Over time, this repeated abuse can cause some weaker victims to withdraw within themselves to a point of committing suicide.... [tags: Abuse, Bullying, Nursing, Psychological abuse]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- An Act of Workplace Violence Leadership carries with itself many benefits. Conversely, leadership also possesses many demands and challenges. According to Clark (1997), ”leadership’s main function is to produce movement and constructive or adaptive change through processes, such as establishing direction through visioning, aligning people, motivating, and inspiring” (p. 1). Unquestionably, this is a monumental task by any standard. Moreover, many expect leaders to perform these functions perfectly.... [tags: negative leadership, behavior, ]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- Workplace harassment is a significant violation in the modern work environment. According to the Canadian Human Rights Commission Workplace harassment "involves any unwanted physical or verbal behaviour that offends or humiliates you...Serious one-time incidents can also sometimes be considered harassment." (Canadian Human Rights Commission, 2013) If left uncheck accusations of workplace harassment could potentially put a business in trouble with the regulatory agencies. In the workplace, employees experience sexual, gender, and racial/ethnic harassment.... [tags: Abuse, Ethics, Employment, Harassment]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- ... It was odd to have an employee pass me in the hall, just to return to their desk and send me an email asking a question that could have happened face-to-face. Many of the members on my team would send an Instant Messenger notification to another employee, rather than taking a few steps to engage in a face to face conversation. It appears that the tools have caused many of us to develop a type of avoidance personality. Many of the meetings I sat in, employees would remain busy typing on their laptops rather than engage in the purpose of the meeting.... [tags: Employment, Communication, Leadership, Message]
912 words (2.6 pages)
Workplace Dispute And Investigating The Blame Falls On For The Accident, The Company, Or The Employee
- ... The company disregarded options that they could take in order to provide a safe environment for their employees. The injured employee definite, that he followed all the company 's safety procedures in which he trained to anticipate when working with machinery. In addition, other workers felt the equipment that, the company use was hazardous due to the safety guard poorly designed and to the low-performance condition of the machine. One employee came forward and specified, the company in their daily dealing did not guarantee that the machine was as safe as possible to use, which establishes doubt in my mind that the manager is not being on the up and up, maybe for the reason that his job... [tags: Safety, Occupational safety and health]
1374 words (3.9 pages)
- Sexual Harassment has been very problematic issue in the workplaces. It occurs everywhere in the world. Throughout the history, many women have suffered from unsolicited sexual behaviors, usually provoked by their employers. However, according to the article" The Complicated World of Same Sex Sexual Harassment", found on the website: <a href="http://www.ballardspahr.com/press/article.asp?ID=160,">http://www.ballardspahr.com/press/article.asp?ID=160,</a> the harasser can be of the same gender as the victim, and the victim can be also male or female.... [tags: Sexual Harassment Essays]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- Patricia Steffes worked at Pepsi Company for over twenty years. During one of her later years at the company, she was up for a promotion. Pepsi did not award her the job though. Instead they hired a man who happened to be an African-American. Steffes was outraged over this incident claiming that because of Pepsi’s ‘aggressive minority promotion program’ Pepsi hired a less-qualified minority candidate in order to comply with this program. Steffes wrote to the Equal Opportunities Commission as well as the senior executive at Pepsi to file a complaint over the discrimination against her.... [tags: minority quotas in the workplace]
1971 words (5.6 pages)
- What Is Psychiatric Rehabilitation?
- The Lottery Is A Bad Thing
- A Picture Perfect, Fairytale Life : The Head Cheerleader And Class Salutatorian
- Money Can Not Buy Happiness
- Is Parkinson 's Disease A Chronic And Progressive Disorder Of The Nervous System That Affects One 's Movement
- The Importance Of An Effective Education