... middle of paper ...
...ife threating event has scarred me to this day, that’s why I am standing up against guns. Put yourself in my shoes Ted Cruz, how would you feel if someone pointed a gun right in front of you?
Guns should be regulated and controlled more extensively in order to prevent incidents such as the Sandy Hook incident. Federal and state government should be in charge of changing these regulations by extending the age limit of when someone can buy guns, making background checks longer and deeper, finding out the location of where someone plans to store their firearm, and also ensuring that those who want to purchase are mentally stable and able to use these weapons. The government should also ensure that guns are used properly by sane users. Ted Cruz I believe with all this credible information and ideas I have gave you hopefully I persuaded you to change your mind about guns.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Parents were not even allowed to view their children’s bodies to identify them and there were no pictures of body bags used at the scene to transport the murdered people away. (We Need to Talk about Sandy Hook) Another brain scratcher about the situation was that drill protocols were followed instead of emergency protocols. In a Mass Casualty Incident (MCI) like Sandy Hook, the proper protocol is START (Simple Triage and Rapid Treatment) using tarps of different colors with the aim being to save lives and get the injured to the hospital.... [tags: Firearm, Rifle, Sandy Hook, Weapon]
1504 words (4.3 pages)
- Nothing is more horrible then the atrocities that took place on December 14th 2012 in Sandy Hook Connecticut, when students at the Sandy Hook Elementary school were gunned down by twenty years old Adam Lanza. who suffered from an obsessive compulsive behavior, and had an odd fascination with mass shootings, when he entered the school carrying more than thirty pounds of ammunition and Lanza had three guns, one was a semi-automatic bushmaster rifle, and two pistols, Lanza then killed twenty first- grader students, and six adults, his mother being one of them, all in eleven minuets.... [tags: biased news, shooting, elementary]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- Have you ever thought of questioning the Sandy Hook shooting. Well if you haven’t now is the time to do so. When people think of Sandy Hook, they think what kind of person would go shoot up a school and kill many children. Some individuals believe that it happened and some believe that the government was involved and had planned it all. People shouldn’t feel that way because it’s not a true tragedy. Why should the government make a big scene for nothing, there was not a point in making other schools in America feel threatened.... [tags: conspiracy theories, violence]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- After the massacre of the Sandy Hook Elementary school, in 2012, a great deal of security measures were taken in American schools and shooting incidents became a disturbing idea for students. Shooting incidents registered in January 2014 reached 11 in the American schools, while classrooms and campuses lockdowns occur more frequently. It became a daily habit that alerts occur in the different educational institutions. Mayors Agains Illegal Guns, an organization concerned with gun control advocacy, indicates that shooting incidents registered in 2013 reached 28 in American schools and collages (TheGuardian, 2014).... [tags: shopping mall, gun control advocacy]
1985 words (5.7 pages)
- ... I will be holding a meeting which will address upcoming plans for the tragic in on dear school. I will also be pointing out six steps on how we can improve on school security so we can our students and staff members in the awake of Sandy Hook. I will be also be addressing how we can respond and also give tip to parents on how to help their child cope. We have counseling sections for our students and staff where they will have someone to talk to. When a tragedy like this strikes us, it leaves us with an unhappy ending but that should not bring us down.... [tags: school violence, safety]
697 words (2 pages)
- “Do you believe in God?” (Johnson, 2012), That is what Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold asked students before shooting them mercilessly in 1999 in one of the worst school shootings America has ever seen. America has seen this in many occasions, a number of school shootings accomplished by juveniles. In the last 3 decades, three of them stand out from the others; Columbine High School massacre, Virginia Tech Shooting and Sandy Hook Elementary massacre. On April 20th, 1999, two seniors that attended Columbine High School in Colorado entered the campus with a number of weapons including two 9mm pistols, 2 12 gauge sawed-off shotguns and a number of explosive devices.... [tags: Columbine High School massacre]
1414 words (4 pages)
- ... With the combination of college and homeschooling by his mother, Nancy Lanza, Adam earned a GED. Throughout school, Lanza was known for his intelligence, but he seemed nervous to many. Teachers and other students took notice to the amount of friends he had. Lanza had no true friends throughout most of his life. Which lead to him being a homebody and resorting to other hobbies to get him by. Such as, spending time with his mother who was a gun enthusiast and took her sons shooting at ranges quite frequently.... [tags: school shootings]
1441 words (4.1 pages)
- The deadliest school shooting to have ever happened in the United States at a high school or grade school, happened less than two years ago. On December 14th, 2012, Adam Lanza, who was twenty years old at the time, shot his mother, Nancy Lanza, four times and then brought firearms to his former grade school Sandy Hook Elementary, and fatally shot twenty children and six adults. Then the shooter put his own gun to his head and fatally shot himself. All of the children were between the ages of six and seven years old, and all six adults who were shot and killed were females who worked at the school.... [tags: United States, Mass Shotings, Gun Control ]
1244 words (3.6 pages)
- On December 14th 2012, just 11 days before Christmas, an awful tragedy happened in Newtown, Connecticut. Twenty-six people were shot at the Sandy Hook Elementary School. This awful event left a lot of unanswered questions and rumors about that day. The reason for that is because the shooter killed himself after shooting twenty young children and six adults. This tragedy open the eyes of everyone; made you want to hug your loves one just a little tighter, appreciate what you still have and never take a day for granted.... [tags: tragedy,violence, checks, gun sales]
2011 words (5.7 pages)
- Sandy Hook Candlelight Vigil This picture was featured on a CBS Pittsburgh news website. Its audience are the people that were affected by the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting and also people who are looking for information as to what happened on this day. It was taken on December 17, 2012, by Mario Tama/Getty Images. The purpose of this website it to show that the teachers worked hard to protect the children in their school, but the killing of innocent people could not have been prevented because of lack of security and resources to stop the shooter.... [tags: Photography, Emotion, Light, Vigil]
1402 words (4 pages)
- Jean Piaget 's Theory Of Cognitive Development
- The Ghost Gang Bank Robbers
- A Non Verbal Visual And Psychological Mood Connection Within Wes Anderson 's Latest Film Grand Budapest Hotel
- Analysis Of The Article ' Caring Democracy : Markets, Equality, And Justice
- The Nature Of Human Beings
- How Women Objectification Takes A Wrong Turn