It would surprise you how time and time again his abilities and notions went unnoticed, despite how often he showed just what he could do.
It was in the things he said and how he said them- his sarcasm dripping and wit sharpened from practice and sass, his mind brimming with everything he could tell you at any given moment.
Derek had found that for all Stiles seemed to ramble, for all of the seemingly unimportant things he seemed to spew at the world enmass, he actually never had a moment without something important to say.
It was in the way he walked, how he planned each step no matter how wildly and randomly placed they may seem. In how he could know so much, and yet never seem to know anything because he forgot it until it was important, having so many other things he had to think about at any given moment.
But mostly, it was in his touch.
Head light, and airy, and so very lost- legs splayed, and fingers gripping tightly into fabric as Stiles showed him exactly...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In Touch Many authors have had different ways to express certain situations; some seek to entertain while others teach lessons that are frequently overlooked in everyday life. In the poem “The Lake Isle of Innisfree” by William Butler Yeats I believe the purpose is to bring the readers in touch with their own lives and surroundings. In the poem there is an anonymous character that longs for peace and speculates on the moral of the story: being in touch with life is more satisfying than any worldly possession.... [tags: Papers]
330 words (0.9 pages)
- Today I'm going to kill something. Someone. Anything. I feel the obligation to, that time has come around again. Every fortnight it is. Two weeks later and another person will be lucky, just like that. They will have been touched by a celebrity. They do not thank me for it, they do not get the chance but I will leave my autograph by their side. Something for the pigs to ponder about when they arrive on the scene. But by then it will be too late. I know you are wondering what it is.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
647 words (1.8 pages)
- ... Head light, and airy, and so very lost- legs splayed, and fingers gripping tightly into fabric as Stiles showed him exactly how capable he was with that very touch. Derek was never a man of excessive words, but he could write for days trying to make the perfect sonnets and songs to describe this touch. True, it was in his everyday touch too; fingers long and dextrous, palms and digits calloused with his work and abilities, having been broken before tie and again, coming back stronger each time- Derek had no callouses, werewolves healed too quickly for scar tissue and protective gestures like this to build up, but he had learned to appreciate Stiles more than he could have his own if he'd... [tags: personal narrative]
597 words (1.7 pages)
- As humans, we can’t live without touch. It 's in our nature, to be touched and crave touch. It 's how we commentate, with people we care about it. How you were raised at home, when it comes to touch will greatly impact your life. There are some people who don’t have any empathy, that partly comes from childhood. Touch is a language, we often overlook this matter. In my research paper, I will be going over, the important power that touch has on our lives. Understanding what touch means, Cognitively and psychically.... [tags: Massage, Infant massage]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- The gift of touch Touch is as essential to a healthy and happy life as eating right, getting proper sleep, and exercising. With the world growing more technological, the need for healthy human contact is more important than ever. Massage and body therapies are an age old healing refuge for us in this fast-paced, stressed-out world. The practice of massage therapy is rapidly growing in the United States. It has so much to offer and is becoming more widely accepted by doctors and the general public.... [tags: essays research papers]
2078 words (5.9 pages)
- The Bad Touch By listening to the beat, and analyzing the lyrics of the song “The Bad Touch”, can the song be placed into a particular musical genre. There are many different artifacts that I could have pick to write a paper about, but this particular artifact fell into my lap very unrepentantly. After leaving class I got into my truck and turned on the radio, I quickly recognized a particular song that I find very amusing. The song is called “The Bad Touch”, and is performed by a group called the Bloodhound Gang.... [tags: Papers]
1385 words (4 pages)
- A Healing Touch. Several weeks ago in our biology, Professor Grobstein mentioned that his college seminar class was holding a bake sale in our campus center. He approached his sales pitch by asking if we were stressed from the workload of the end of the semester. Inevitably we all nodded our heads in agreement that the homework had begun to take its toll. He urged us all to support his class's efforts and their somewhat atypical offer including an optional hug with the purchase of a brownie. After class I found myself thinking about his association with stress and the need for a hug.... [tags: Child Psychology Psychological Papers]
1792 words (5.1 pages)
- Touch of Evil Director: Orson Welles Producers: Rick Schmidlin, Albert Zugsmith Director of Photography: Russel Metty Writer: Orson Welles Editor : Aaron Stell, Walter Murch Poduction Designer/ Art Director: Robert Clatworkth Alexander Golitzen AVF 10 – 5/1/05 In Orson Welles’ classic film noir production Touch of Evil, a Mexican police officer named Mike Vargas (Charlton Heston), becomes the target of an American police officer named Hank Quinlin (Orson Welles), when Vargas attempts to expose Quinlin framing a murder suspect.... [tags: essays research papers]
1285 words (3.7 pages)
- The IPod Touch is a portable media player designed and markeyed by Apple Inc. The product was unvieled to the general public September 5, 2007 as part of an event dubbed "The Beat Goes On", featuring the introduction of Cover Flow and Multi Touch to the Ipod line. The IPod Touch can be purchased with 8 or 16 GB of flash memory. It also has a WI-FI and includes safari, Apple's web browser. The IPod touch is the first generation of the IPod line to include wireless access to the itunes store. The IPod touch also has the capability to detect the current and last 10 songs playing in a Starbuck's Cafe within the vicinity.... [tags: Product Review Apple]
1898 words (5.4 pages)
- Touch Wood Touch Wood is based on the author¹s own life when she was growing as a Jewish girl during the German invasion of France. In 1940, Renée and her family were living in Alsace, France, where nothing ever changed. No one expected anything unusual to happen. Then one day, a war with Germany is announced on the radio. The Germans wanted to annex Alsace and forced the Jews to leave. France was split into two zones- the Free Zone and the German occupied zone. Renée¹s father chose for them to move to Paris, because it is a big city where he can find work, and also because Renée¹s mother has childhood friends there.... [tags: English Literature Essays]
814 words (2.3 pages)