The help desk is a tremendous resource of both cost efficiency, value, and support. When the help desk is operated properly, customer and employees are able to communicate and quickly have problems resolved. Our current Help Desk business model is to outsource a contract with a service provider who specializes in help desk design, implementation and managed services. However there are many concerns with this model as we continue to expand and build. With our current strategy we don’t have any managerial Control, the expenses are getting higher each year, and there are several departments complaining about the quality of personnel and support team. There have been many inquiries the have an internal help desk at each branch office to stabilize the on-going technical issues.
According to META Group, help desk outsourcing will continue to grow more than 30% annually. Throughout 2002 more than 65% of corporate help desks will use outsourcing to supplement or replace existing staff, due to outsourcer experience, increased leverage and the use of automation tools. (Meta Group, 2010) Most companies seemed dissatisfied with their current outsourcing arrangement. The report form the Information Services Group, found that 61% of outsourcing companies admitted to placing more emphasis on setting up their outsourcing contract than on mana...
... middle of paper ...
...ated security administration market." - eSecurity Planet. N.p., 1 June 2010. Web. 12 Sept. 2014.
Sourcing Advisors, Outsourcing Services, Offshore Outsourcing, Shared Services, Outsourcing-TPI." Sourcing Advisors, Outsourcing Services, Offshore Outsourcing, Shared Services, Outsourcing-TPI. N.p., 19 Mar. 2007. Web. 12 Sept. 2014.
"Recognize the Value of the Helpdesk." TechRepublic. N.p., 8 Jan. 2008. Web. 12 Sept. 2014.
"Service Desk or Help Desk?." ARINC Managed Services Blog. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Sept. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Part 1 SOLUTION 1: Monica is interested in handling investment herself. Being a woman and possessing limited knowledge about investments and market, she will invest more of the money in safe and simple securities. This may include investing in fixed deposits, recurring deposits, life insurance schemes of retirement, gold, investment in 401(K), IRA etc. These are considered as safe investment and do not require much of technical knowledge about market. These types of investments provide steady and continuous return or income after retirement.... [tags: Investment, Capital accumulation, Depreciation]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- From the above, it is evident that the policy has clearly specified the types of investments and proportion of investment to be made in each instrument. In September, 1994, LIC Mutual Fund launched Dhanasamridhi, a pure growth oriented scheme. The investment policy, as stated in its offer document, contains the types of investments, their risk and the proportion of investment, the policy also contains in which industries the funds are going to be invested. In the case of debt investments, LIC Mutual Fund has stated the quality of instrument in terms of rating.... [tags: Investment, Bond, Mutual fund, Security]
1269 words (3.6 pages)
- Runners are always looking for ways to become faster. An easy way to drop tremendous time and make the entire running experience easier is to improve running form. Culture has a great impact on running form; from African to Mexican tribal runners, to commercialization of strange alternatives to mainstream footwear, culture impacts every one of us. The lower body plays an obvious role in running, with emphasis on the calves, quadriceps and hamstrings. The upper body plays a key role in running as well, although its purpose is not always agreed upon.... [tags: Fitness]
2312 words (6.6 pages)
- "Save me" screamed Sarah who stabbed to death by a serial rapist/murderer. The murderer, Pedro, was a fugitive for 2 years. You know, running away from the cops for murdering dozens of innocent souls. He went on the run, from Liverpool England to where else but the land of fatness, the land of ignorance and stupidity, the lad that has some of the most weird and peculiar sates in the world, the state where a rapist and murderer would fit in quite nicely. Texas, America. From Texas there have been many gory, disturbing, wired, frightening stories.... [tags: Running Man Essays]
1330 words (3.8 pages)
- I. Modern world, that when one is hungry, they can just easily walk to the food store or drive to the nearest Wendy’s. Now imagine waking up everyday having to hunt for your food. II. The Tarahumara Indian tribe, in the Mexican Copper Canyon, is known to hunt in distances superseding a marathon distance in order to capture and provide food for their families. (Mcdougall,2009) III. Audience Interest: Before the invention of hunting bows about 200,000 years ago, early humans hunt with stone tipped spears, although they will not go against toe to toe against a carnivore, so they use a technique called persistent hunting.... [tags: hunting, running, foraging techniques]
1356 words (3.9 pages)
- Soft Returns of Investment There are three steps that are needed to document soft returns: Identifying a process improvement opportunity, create a formula to calculate the benefits, and determine the costs of the process and the net benefits. Besides the three steps, there are various benefits for implementing EHR, such as improving the safety, quality, effectiveness and efficiency of care to meet patients ' expectations (satisfaction). In other words, the contribution of EHR in health systems can enhance organizations ' performance (Smith, 2009).... [tags: Investment, Net present value]
1126 words (3.2 pages)
- Investment in infrastructure projects plays a key role in the efficient development of the country. Infrastructure project investment depends on the parameter like feasibility of the project which helps in the decision making process considering various aspects such as financing, designing, construction, operation and maintenance of the project. Public Private Partnership (PPP) gives valuable opportunity to Private Sector to contribute in the modern era in the development of Infrastructure projects.... [tags: Net present value, Investment]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- Running is very good for humans in many different ways. It is a great way to get exercise, and a great way to meet new people. There are many positives, and some negatives, it is easy, enjoyable and makes humans more social, you can do it at anytime, and it relieves stress rather than give stress. Although there are some negatives with running, there are also many positives. Many people run because of the health reasons. It is good for the heart and lungs and people run in the fresh air. Running outside rather than inside is good for you too because of the fresh air.... [tags: exercise, running, ]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- There are two main phases to the running cycle: Support and Forward Recovery Support Phase: This is the phase when the runner is touching the ground, and makes up about 30%-40% of the running cycle. Foot-strike: The foot touches the ground slightly ahead of the center of mass. When the foot contact occurs, several actions take place: the knee flexes, the tibia internally rotates, the ankle plantar flexes, and the subtalar joint pronates (Miliron & Cavanagh, 1990). It is necessary to have a certain amount of pronation to disseminate the energy of the foot-strike.... [tags: Sport Run Running Athletics]
424 words (1.2 pages)
- Running is a natural form of human locomotion. To many, running is an essential aspect of most sports and is also a simple way that requires little to get exercise anywhere. But because many people have adapted to improper forms of running over time, numerous physical injuries are the results. With the help of understanding the physics behind running, people can learn to run in such a way that expends less energy from the body. Keeping physics in mind may also lead to less injuries and effortless running.... [tags: physics run running]
1990 words (5.7 pages)