In order for an information system to be functional it requires to have the following in order to be operational.
Protocols: These are descriptions of the processes that data is supposed to follow in order to be processes as well as analysed in a bid to get answers from the system.
Hardware: Refers to computer systems in the system such as the computer devices and its peripherals
Software: As mentioned above, this is the program that is employed in the actual processing and analysis of data.
Network: These are the interconnections required in bringing different users to utilise the different elements in the system.
Database: This refers to where the information gathered or processed is stored for use.
An information system is significant in business because it enhances the development of new products or services and innovation of business models. They also support the decision making process and the development of customer and supplier relations. In addition, information systems are crucial to the efficiency in business operations which is an important aspect in creating a competitive advantage (Kakar, 2016:43).
• What are the types...
... middle of paper ...
...se global business has become electronic or digital. In order to have a robust e-commerce business, an entrepreneur should have the prerequisite infrastructure in order to enjoy its benefits. On the other hand, it is imperative that a business should have an information system which compliments e-commerce through enhancement of efficiency. Different businesses have different requirements which imply that they will also require different information systems. However, it is important o incorporate different information systems where the operations call for the same. Through information systems, businesses are able to reduce on operation costs, avoid redundancy and wastages as well as enhance efficiency. Therefore, it is important that business leaders should embrace and take up new technologies in the growth of their businesses because these systems guarantee returns.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When designing a watermarking algorithm, trade-offs exist among three parameters: payload, fidelity, and robustness. Data payload is the number of bits that can be embedded in the digital data; the fidelity is the degradation introduced into the signal; and the robustness is the ability of the watermark to remain readable after innocent or malicious signal processing operations on the watermarked image. These parameters are conflicting with each other, and they should be set to meet the requirements of the application (Levicky & Foris,2004).... [tags: Engineering ]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- At the moment, Access Closet Collection’s management is focusing on putting all modalities in place to develop an interactive ecommerce website that will support professionalism, customer service and swiftness in operation. The company shall employ proven marketing campaign tactics to expand its influence in the online retail market. Going forward, Access Closet Collection shall commit to weighing and reviewing feedbacks from current and prospective clients while leveraging on the word of mouth advantage from satisfied clients to build brand equity that endorses increase in business acceptance.... [tags: Renting, Sales, Marketing, Customer service]
826 words (2.4 pages)
- The Benefits of eCommerce and Back-Office Integration The Benefits of eCommerce and Back-Office Integration It 's astonishing how many companies are still working with separate systems for the front and back offices. Front-office features refer to the design, content, images and features that customers routinely see on a company 's website and Web pages while back-office processes include ERP and CRM software, inventory management, fulfillment processes, accounting and staff management. Back-office integration--along with front-office integration and automation--delivers improved management efficiencies and better customer experiences by giving each website visitor expanded options for rese... [tags: Customer service, Sales, Inventory, Customer]
1165 words (3.3 pages)
- lhttp://www.operationsmanager.com/why-become-operations-manager/five-reasons-business-can-benefit-supply-chain-consultant-2015/ Question1. Literature review analysis on operation management what is operation management, historical review of the evolution of operation management. Question 2. What are different roles that operation manager can handle. Select the role you wish to carry on as an operation manager and explain how carrying on the selected role can benefit New Zealand business. Answer: Operation manager has to handle different roles such as Inventory manager: inventory manager is the person who is mainly responsible for inventory stock in an organization his main responsibility is... [tags: Management, Logistics, Operations management]
988 words (2.8 pages)
- DYNAMIC TIME SLOTS FOR QUEUE MULTIPLEXING QoS is measured by the following factors: • Reliability • Delay • Jitter • Bandwidth A currently used important method of improving QoS is priority queuing where each flow is assigned a priority and put into a priority class based on a given priority value. The highest priority queue is processed first and the lower ones subsequently. An improvement that can be made to this method is the time based multiplexing where the time based allotment is dependant on features of the requests in the queue.... [tags: Improving QoS]
533 words (1.5 pages)
- General Blaskowitz, the Army Group G Commander’s assigned objective was to maintain possession of the Southern coast of France at all costs. The ability to counter the threat of an Allied invasion of Southern France would require reinforcement and fortification of Army Group G units, which, together, constituted the German Center of Gravity in the Southern France Theater of Operations. Army Group G’s leadership attempted to accomplish this task in a number of ways: The factor of Force bore heavily on the German defensive capabilities.... [tags: Operation OVERLORD, France, Germany]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- 1 Odel.lk – Apparel Website Odel is one of the biggest retail stores in Sri Lanka that identified the market opportunity in providing their customers with the ultimate shopping experience that they would not find anywhere else in Sri Lanka. This niche and competitive advantage in Odel’s ambience, high quality products, range and variety has made it widely known as the most innovative brand in Sri Lanka today. (Odel Corporate Website, 2013) Odel.lk is an ecommerce website launched by the company itself aiming to provide customers with an online store where products can be purchased and delivered.... [tags: retail store, Sri Lanka, website, mortar, revenue]
2449 words (7 pages)
- Introduction In this report I will be explaining to you the benefits and negatives of ecommerce. I will also be talking about electronic payments and the risk of on-line fraud and what it could mean for your business. To finish off this report I will be giving my recommendation, but by then I think you will have already made your mind up whether you want expand your business into the area of ecommerce or not. In the benefits of ecommerce section I will be explaining to you the potential benefits that the world of on-line shopping have to offer to you.... [tags: Electronic Business]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- Ecommerce Electronic commerce includes almost any exchange of electronic data related to a business operation. In this discussion, I will be focusing on the use of the Internet for business transactions. Companies that use the Internet as their major source of income have a big concern about electronic commerce security to keep them successful in their online business. Although the technology exists to prevent almost all types of aggression, the nature of the Internet makes accomplishment of security measures difficult.... [tags: essays papers]
3309 words (9.5 pages)
- Ecommerce The Internet has caught on like wild fire. No one ever intended for it to be so commercially successful. In the beginning, its main purpose was to send and receive messages; no one anticipated that one-day people could buy books and cars over a computer. Though with the advancement of certain technologies, this has happened. E-commerce is a worldwide commodity that has taken the place of trips to the supermarket and has given us the freedom to conduct business at out house in our pajamas.... [tags: Essays Papers]
557 words (1.6 pages)