Material management is one of the main components in the management of all types of companies. Material management plays an important role in supporting the company's performance, which relates to customer satisfaction, cost of production and financial performance. Ruauw (2011) stated that the raw materials required should be sufficient available so as to ensure smooth production. However, should the quantity of inventory it should not be too large so that capital tied up in inventory and costs. Meanwhile the inventory is not too big and not too small anyway because can slow down the production process. Failure materials inventory control default will cause a failure in obtaining profit. It is important for every company held inventory control to obtain the optimal inventory levels to maintain a balance between the cost of inventory too much to the cost of inventory too little.
PT Pembangkitan Jawa Bali (PJB) is one of state enterprise which manages some power plants in Indonesia. PJB has various types and characteristics of power plants which scattered throughout Java and Bali. PJB is responsible for managing power plants in the region of the island of Java and Bali with certain key performance indicators. In a power plant operational management, there are two Key Performance Indicator. Initially, the availability of power plants to produce electricity and the reliability of power plants.
The first key performance indicator stated as the availability power plant to produce electricity. This number of availability is called Equivalent Availability Factor (EAF). Then, the reliability of power plant formulated as Equivalent Force Outage Rate (EFOR). This number of EFOR reflected the long duration of unplanned shutdown of...
... middle of paper ...
.... Methods of Inventory Monitoring and Measurement. Logistics Information Management. Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 11.
Ruauw, Eyverson., (2011). Pengendalian Persediaan Bahan Baku (Contoh Pengendalian pada usaha Grenda Bakery Lianli, Manado). Association of Science Education. Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 1-11.
Jamshidi, H. and Jain, A. (2008). Multi Criteria ABC Inventory Classification: with Exponential Smoothing Weight. Journal Global Business Issues. Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 61-67.
Teunter, Ruud H, Babai, M Zeid and Syntetos, Aris A. (2010). ABC Classification: Service Levels and Inventory Costs. Production and Operations Management. Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 343-352.
Abuhilal, Laith, Gaith, Rabadi, Sousa-Poza, Andres (2006). Supply Chain Inventory Control: A Comparison Among JIT, MRP, and MRP With Information Sharing Using Simulation. Engineering Management Journal. Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 51-57
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Executive Summary The current inventory processes we have in place are not as efficient as they could be. The main problem is there is no communication between departments, factories, and suppliers. This causing an abundance of wasted man hours, and inventory produced. Our goal is to provide more communication between departments, factories, and suppliers to create more efficiency and produce less waste. We would need a complete system overhaul in our inventory system. Based on our analysis we would need a new inventory management system, and we would also need to create an extranet system to communicate between departments and suppliers.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
1270 words (3.6 pages)
- ... In order for Mike’s hardware to stand out from other hardware stores, it must keep its customer base happy by making it inventory status accessible using today’s hand held technology. Benefits of Solving the Problem: Being cost effective is a major concern with small businesses; their operational cost is much smaller than bigger stores such as Lowes or Home Depot. By using Sales Point through Fishbowl Inventory, it is a cost effective solution that will benefit the company and customers. Mikes Hardware Store is manually run and customers don’t have the ability at this time to check if a product is currently in their neighborhood store.... [tags: software, barcodes, marketing]
693 words (2 pages)
- TABLE OF CONTENTS Introduction Analysis Conclusion Reference Introduction This report is to write about how Operation Management is employing more and more information technology, and in general this is being done to improve how organisations respond to the five objectives of Operations such as speed, flexibility, dependability, quality and costs. In this assignment, there will be an analysis of the technology available in different areas of the operation in the organisation choosing and will be providing a critical evaluation on how the organisation are achieving the goals is employing it for.... [tags: Operation Management Essays]
1626 words (4.6 pages)
- Quality Program Quality programs have emphasized the need to improve quality in an organizations performance through product, process, or service improvement. These quality programs encourage growth beyond status quo that many American businesses have been satisfied with in order to compete the in global market successfully (Cohen, n.d.). One such quality program is the Deming’s 14 Point Philosophy which has been said to have inspired both the Total Quality Management and Six Sigma quality management programs (Mind Tools, 2013).... [tags: American businesses, Total Quality Management]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction Kudler Fine Foods (KFF) has excellent reputation for providing fine-quality, unique and gourmet grocery in the San Diego metropolitan area, and its recent value-added programs, such as to include organic produce from a local grower to its product selection and expanded customer service by offering catering food service, have increase tremendous assessment to the company. However, in order to maintain its competitive edge in the fine food grocery industry, KFF must assess the business opportunities that are created by the change in technology, and KFF must also identify the generic strategies that it is pursuing and tactics that would make these strategies a realization.... [tags: Business Strategy Analysis Management]
1389 words (4 pages)
- Kudler Fine Foods is a local upscale specialty shop in the San Diego metropolitan area. Kudler provides gourmet foods, beverages and products designed for the gourmet cook at its three stores located in La Jolla, Del Mar and Encinitas and at reasonable price. The stores are stocked with the very best domestic and imported food available and are divided into the following departments: fresh bakery and pastries, fresh produce, fresh meat and seafood, condiments and packaged foods and cheese and specialty dairy products.... [tags: Business Management Analysis ]
1409 words (4 pages)
- Performance Management The performance management process provides an opportunity for the employees and managers to discuss goals and develop plans for achieving those goals. Therefore, communication involve between managers and employees that they have to identify job roles and functions related to the company objectives. They get together to devise some performance appraisals to enhance the company overall performance. The performance manager responsible for supervising workforce and the group educates and develops employees’ potential in order to improve workforce performance.... [tags: Business and Management Studies]
1354 words (3.9 pages)
- ... In addition, Genesis is a system that tracks sales and special order, automatically placing orders with vendors and providing sales associates with order status (Lowes link, 2011). Customer relationship management (CRM) systems used at Lowe’s includes the newly introduced MyLowe’s card. As stated by Dan, (2011) this card enables customers to keep track of purchases and protection plans for their home or business. This system also enables the customer to set up an online profile for projects, which can include selecting paint colors, vanities, carpet and anything else Lowe’s offers.... [tags: operations analysis]
1734 words (5 pages)
- Production relates to where raw materials also known as inputs are converted into outputs. The main role of production is to produce services and products that customers demand in the most economical and efficient way (Kumar 1999). Production planning and control is necessary in making decisions concerning utilization, acquisition, and allocation of resources in production processes with the objective of satisfying customer needs effectively and efficiently. It is used in determining workforce level, assigning of overtime work, sequencing the order in which tasks follow and deciding on production quantities (Graves 1999).... [tags: Production, Input, Output]
1594 words (4.6 pages)
- Career management plays important role in career development. Career management is done with involved taking some necessary steps to reach the career plan and commonly more focusing on the ability of the organization able to do for their employee to increase their career development (Werner & DeSimone, 2009). Career plan is usually able to be performed, at least in some apart, through the training program which implemented by the organization. Career management process contained four steps which are self-assessment, reality check, goal setting and action planning (refer to Figure 1 in Appendix 1).... [tags: Development, Assessment, Goals, Plan]
935 words (2.7 pages)