It is extremely important for writers to learn the proper use of the many different writing elements. The drafting process, one of the most important writing aspects, is when a writer makes multiple drafts of a paper in order to make changes and fix mistakes throughout the writing. This step is one of the most important because proofreading my paper assures that I will catch errors and gives me the chance to correct them before I turn in my final draft. This semester, my class participated in peer edits of each other’s papers before turning in the essays to the teacher. I found it extremely helpful when other’s evaluated and revised my writings because it gave me the chance to take multiple perspectives into consideration while editing my paper. In the rough draft of my essay titled Social Media and Depression, I was able to review my peer and teacher’s comments in order to bring my paper grade from a B to an A on my final draft. The drafting process also gives me the chance to make sure I am properly appl...
... middle of paper ...
... draft of Social Media and Depression was short and did not include everything that I discussed in my paper. I was able to elaborate on it in my final draft on page one. Creating a descriptive thesis plays a key role in constructing a well-written paper.
I have learned the importance of the key learning goals throughout the semester with much practice. Examples of what I learned are shown in my essays titled Social Media and Depression, as well as my paper on Robin Hood. I believe that I can refer to my essays from this class as notes to help improve my writing in the future. All writers should have knowledge about the important key learning goals in order to properly address them throughout writings. I have gained a better understanding of how to write a good paper, and have learned where I have room for improvement for future writings throughout my college career.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The main purpose of the Successful college writing text book is to help you be successful in this writing class and in all other classes that involve writing. In order to do that the first unit cover several important tools included in the writing process. The text starts the writing process with going over in detail what you should expect from academic writing and what the instructor will expect from your writing. It covers strategies to improve your writing as well as assessing your learning style to help you better understand how you learn and what strategies will work best.... [tags: Writing, Sentence, Writing process, Essay]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Final Course Reflections The purpose of this assignment is to reflect on the course from a learner’s perspective and write an autobiography regarding my experience. In this assignment, I will reflect on my perspective regarding scholarly language and terminology while discussing the successes and challenges synthesizing journal articles, the process for completing annotated bibliographies and performing journal critiques, and discuss and assess my critical thinking and writing skills. Additionally, I will discuss the concepts learned that will assist me in the future and my recommendations for the course that will assist doctoral students.... [tags: Writing, Critical thinking, Writing process]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Writing Process Writing is a process that involves at least four distinct steps: prewriting, drafting, revising, and editing. It is known as a recursive process. Prewriting is anything you do before you write a draft of your document and it is the planning phase. It includes thinking, taking notes, talking to others, brainstorming, outlining, and gathering information. Drafting occurs when you put your ideas into sentences and paragraphs. Here you concentrate upon explaining and supporting your ideas fully.... [tags: Writing process, Writing, Teacher, Drafting]
709 words (2 pages)
- Description of process indicates the writer’s understanding of the power of multiple drafting and peer collaboration The writing process of prewriting, drafting, revising, editing, and publishing allows for plenty of opportunities for the author to change or add to the story in order to improve the final product. For example each time I revised and edited the story I made changes that I felt added to or improved the story for the reader. Peer collaboration is helpful because it gives the writer the chance to get another person(s) opinion and suggestions on the writing as well as another set of eyes to check for mistakes that the writer may have missed.... [tags: Writing, Writing process, The Reader, Writer]
1051 words (3 pages)
- Learning how to write an essay can be a frustrating and agitating process, but it doesn’t have to be. There are techniques to help make this process easier. The writing process has three simple steps. These steps are known as prewriting, drafting, and revising. Following these simple steps can help and improve your writing. The first step of the writing process is prewriting. Prewriting is everything you do before you begin your rough draft. During this step you will generate and develop ideas about the topic.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writing process, Drafting]
794 words (2.3 pages)
- Agricultural information to rural communities and poor farmers is important to ameliorate their standards of living, such as market information, land resources and services, management of pets and diseases, rural development programmes, etc. Extension agents are the connecting bridges between the agricultural researchers and farming communities. Their duties require them to become involved in communication with researchers and farming communities. Rogers (2003) stated, “Communication is a process in which participants create and share information with one another in order to reach a mutual understanding” (p.... [tags: Mobile phone, Communication]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- “If writing didn 't require thinking then we 'd all be doing it.” (Jeremiah Laabs). Whether a person is aware of it or not, there is a process to writing that everyone goes through. I find it difficult to write essays from time to time, so I follow the writing process. The writing process is an approach to writing that involves pre-writing, drafting, and revising and editing. The writing process helps develop facts and ideas from reading about the topic to writing and editing essays. For me, coming up with a topic idea is not the easiest task, especially when the theme given is broad.... [tags: Writing, Writing process, Essay, Free writing]
1187 words (3.4 pages)
- Almost Perfect Writing Process My writing process has been the same since my sixth grade English class in middle school. Mrs. Powers was the one that taught me a great process to use on all the papers I write. This process has helped me through numerous papers, on demand prompts, and speeches. The process does have its faults and I am slowly finding ways to tweak the writing process. My writing process has been the same since sixth grade, but with my new English class I have learned to tweak it.... [tags: Writing, Writer, Paper, Writing process]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Important Elements of a Campaign Strategy Campaigning for any type of elected office requires a sharp eye for detail in regard to what voters are looking for in a candidate. A campaign strategy should be comprehensive in its efforts to reach as many voters as possible. Yet, without a solid base of ideas from which to expand upon, the message being conveyed can easily be lost or taken out of context. In order for a campaign manager to avoid this blunder from occurring and maximize the candidate's chances of victory, he or she must pay attention to a few basic campaigning elements before attempting to stretch the campaign to its maximum visibility.... [tags: essays research papers]
1052 words (3 pages)
- Intergration of Computer Aided Drafting and the Internet After recently reading two articles about the future of CAD, it is very apparent that the Internet is going to play a major role in the design process. One article dealt with the future of CAD in general and what is expected to be seen in up coming years. The other article was a how Auto desk is already preparing for the future with their new release of AutoCAD 2000i. The titles of the articles are Design for the New Millennium, and AutoCAD 2000I connects to the Web, respectfully.... [tags: Papers]
463 words (1.3 pages)