By observing the PEST-C variables, international businesses are able to make smarter choices in their global marketing decisions. These attributes that must be thoroughly understood and analysed in order to succeed in the international marketplace. All of the variables relate to global marketing. Global marketing can be defined as marketing on a worldwide scale. All variables must consider the understanding of the advantages of global operational differences, similarities, threats, and opportunities that can be used to meet international objectives.
Marketing managers are also tasked with the responsibility of “wringing the pennies out of the activities.” Basically, they are responsible for and add value to their activities that will contribute to a higher value in the mind of their consumers. Managers must understand the role of their supply chain to accommodate international customer prefer...
... middle of paper ...
...their respect to tradition, compared to their perseverance to change. A low Long-Term Orientation, for example, may mean that people prefer to value actions that are affected by the short-term outlook, and have a concern for stability.
All in all, we must keep in mind that these ecosystem attributes (PEST-C) are not to be viewed as independent "silos," but rather as multidimensional and nonlinear inputs. For example, the significantly different ecosystem attributes (PEST-C) have resulted in two very different nations in Korea. The very different political ideologies of North and South Korea have produced dramatically different business environments. Any change in a PEST-C variable, especially a change in culture, may dramatically affect a company’s plan to expand. These variables must be considered and understood before conducting international business.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- PEST Analysis on British Airways The four different environments are often referred to as PEST and allow a PESTanalysis to be conducted this allows the organisation to review and consider the environment in which it operates. The PEST factor that has contributed to the airlines industry for many years, but has brought a drastic change was from the disaster on September 11th 2001. Political environment concerns the role of the government and its affects in an organisation it also includes the extent to which the government intervenes in the economy.... [tags: Economics Business Air Essays Papers]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- INTRODUCTION The Egyptian cotton leaf worm, Spodoptera littoralis Bosid, (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) is a polyphagous, foliage feeding insect and considered as one of the most serious pests of many different Egyptian crops (Magd El- Din & El-Gengaihi, 2000). It is an important pest of cotton in Africa, Middle East and Southern Europe (Hosny et al., 1986). Therefore, one single larva is able to destroy 66 cm2 of cotton leaves (Scarpellini, 2001). Also, it is widely distributed in the Mediterranean region, Africa, Asia and Europe (El-AW, 2006).... [tags: Research Analysis ]
1447 words (4.1 pages)
- PEST and Competitive Analysis Faced by Confectionery Organizations This report defines the PEST and competitive analysis facing by confectionery organisations. The international organisation’s Cadbury and Nestle are the organisations where the leaders of confectionery food. This report will discuss the strategy using by these two companies and their mission, what are their objectives and how can they achieve their goal. Introduction The UK confectionery market forms part of the food industry and was valued at £5.54bn 2001.... [tags: Papers]
3780 words (10.8 pages)
- The PEST ANALYSIS is a helpful apparatus for comprehension market development or decay, and as being what is indicated the position, potential and course for a business. A PEST examination is a business estimation instrument. Nuisance is an acronym for Political, Economic, Social and Technological variables, which are utilized to survey the business for a business or authoritative unit. The PEST investigation headings are a system for surveying a circumstance, and can likewise, in the same way as SWOT examination, and Porter 's Five Forces model, be utilized to audit a procedure or position, heading of an organization, an advertising recommendation, or thought.... [tags: Petroleum, Petroleum industry, PEST analysis]
1128 words (3.2 pages)
- 1 The value proposition is to help young people with troubled backgrounds (caused by separated parents, drug use, violent behavior etc.) improve their lifestyle and independence through workshop activities and special team of advisers. We continually provide support and ensure that you stay on track. Benefits to consumers are: • Consumers are assured of a boost in confidence and independence • Potential employability skills are improved on if already present • Improved social connections and networks among peers through teamwork and interacting with professional speakers • It provides a good experience that can only make you stronger mentally 3 The business model used is based on Al... [tags: Strategic management, SWOT analysis, PEST analysis]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- Analysis of Cadbury Schweppes TABLE OF CONTENTS 1.0 INTRODUCTION ..3 1.1 Definition ...3 1.2 Purpose ... ...3 1.3 Sources of Data ..3 2.0 MISSION STATEMENT . ..4 2.1 Peter Drucker's Questions .4 3.0 COMPANY 'S PEST ANALYSIS .. ... 5 3.1 Political . .5 3.2 Economics .. ... [tags: Business Analysis]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- Imagine making $90,000 a year with an occupation of checking crops. For agronomists, this situation can become a reality. To fathom the idea of how this can be a part of real life, we must understand what agronomy is and why it’s here, the benefits of this career, and the income and different jobs opportunities in this field of agriculture. The importance of agronomy is essential to not only farmers, but also anyone who eats, wears clothes, drives a vehicle, or any other everyday activity. Farmers grow the materials used for a part in your everyday life.... [tags: Agriculture, Soil, Agronomy]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- In my research, I was asked to find out why it is best for large organizations to use both PEST and Porter analysis in understanding their particular external environment. I discovered that these tools identify external environmental factors that are subject to change in the marketplace or particular business sector. As the landscape of business changes opportunities or threats emerge and the PEST and Porter analysis tools help exploit, the changes will allow companies to either recognize and adapt or lose to competitors.... [tags: Strategic management, Management]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- AT&T Business Analysis Executive Summary The world is experiencing a communications revolution. The Internet, e-Commerce and other developments (including the convergence of communication technologies) are profoundly reshaping economic and social life. AT&T must position itself to meet the challenge of this revolution. The strategic development of information-based industries is a key to the future social and economic development of the world. The telecommunications industry is of vital importance to the development of the information-based economy.... [tags: Business Management Essays]
5157 words (14.7 pages)
- PEST Analysis The PEST analysis is a useful tool for understanding market growth or decline, and as such the position, potential and direction for a business. A PEST analysis is a business measurement tool. PEST is an acronym for Political, Economic, Social and Technological factors, which are used to assess the market for a business or organizational unit. Political The political area has a huge influence upon the regulation of a business and the spending power of consumers and other businesses.... [tags: Papers]
510 words (1.5 pages)