The logos is effectively used in the editorial to support its thesis. Logos is the logic of arguments which makes sense from the readers’ view. A good persuasion must follow some rules which make the thesis relates to the readers’ view. The interesting of math games and the logical similarity between recreational math and advanced mathematics are strong arguments to conclude that, recreational math is important to lead...
... middle of paper ...
...d stories and rational arguments to elaborate his thesis, but it is still be considers as a less creditable editorial.
Overall, I agree with Manil Suri view about recreational math is important. Interesting and connection to higher level knowledge are significant elements for people to move on higher level academic fields. And the stories he used was emotional encouraged me to keep studying in mathematics by showing me the successful instances. Even I had to do a little research about his background to prove his credibility of talking about mathematics, it makes the editorial slightly less in credibility as a scientific publications. But after reading the editorial, I was deeply He was persuaded by Suri’s view about why recreational math is important, thereby, stimulated a strong interest in studying of recreational math. In conclusion, it is a convictive persuasion.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... But nobody knows who first noticed and started telling people about happy numbers. But they never really left the classroom until Reg Allenby found out about them and started to show people what they were. Happy numbers Happy numbers are numbers that when you square the digits of the number and add the squares together repeatedly, in the end the answer will be one. This is how you can find a happy number: 19: 1²+9²= 1+81= 82 8²+2²= 64+4= 68 6²=8²= 36+64= 100 1²+0²+0²= 1+0+0= 1 As you can see 19 is a happy number because it equals 1 after having squared the digits a couple of times.... [tags: squaring, russia, prime]
658 words (1.9 pages)
- The Facts Behind Recreational Marijuana The subject of legal marijuana has been a subject of debate for decades. Throughout the decades of this controversial subject there has been a lot of misinformation on both sides of the debate. Now with a total of four states with legal marijuana for recreational use, it once again raises questions about what could be the benefits of recreational marijuana and of course what could be the possible hazards. First we will look at the possible benefits of legal cannabis, and the biggest one would probably be the economic effect that follows legalization.... [tags: Cannabis, Recreational drug use]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction to prepare for advanced math solutions: Mathematics is mainly considered as the main branches of science. Normally all the mathematical operations like addition, division, multiplication as well as subtraction are easy to do in case of simple problems. Prepare for advanced math problems solution is simple and easy. In this session, we will see how we have to prepare for advanced math solution. Prepare for advanced math solutions: Example problem 1- Prepare for advanced math solutions Calculate the equation of the line using the points (5, - 5) and (4, 1) that passes through the line.... [tags: Math]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- Introduction to solve math problems deductive reasoning Deductive reasoning is one of the two essential forms of suitable reasoning. The reasoning constructs or evaluates deductive reasoning. While deductive reasoning argues from the general to exacting , similarly inductive reasoning argues from the specific to a general instance. Deductive arguments may be valid or invalid,and sound or unsound, but that are not true or false. Whenever we turn up for the conclusion using facts, definitions, rule, or properties, then it is so called Deductive Reasoning.... [tags: Math]
508 words (1.5 pages)
- I decided to write my essay over one of the most heavily argued issues in the United States for many years which has become increasingly debated over the past three years. My subject is over the legalization of the recreational use of marijuana. I personally would not vote for the legalization of marijuana for recreational use; nevertheless, I find this change acceptable. Let’s face it we have a democratic government in which the people vote for what they want. In this case the majority of some states populations are electing this change.... [tags: Cannabis, Hemp, Recreational drug use, Hashish]
2235 words (6.4 pages)
- ... The Drug Policy Alliance is a national advocacy leader of drug law reform that is grounded in science, compassion, health and human rights.2 • Marijuana arrests affect young people of color more frequently than any other part of the population. • Prohibition of marijuana increases the power and income of criminal organizations and therefore increases violence, crime and corruption in both the United States and Mexico. Decriminalization does not eliminate the underground market and its criminal activities.... [tags: Cannabis, Recreational drug use]
1051 words (3 pages)
- ... Marijuana use is mentioned in many songs, movies, and television that illuminate getting high. Marijuana is a gateway drug for many of its users, according to Itsines (2016), one in six people who try marijuana before the age of seventeen will develop lifelong addictions. If marijuana for recreation use is legalized it will only hold our society captive; as we drive on the road, send our kids out to school or go to the hospital for emergency care we can only hope that the person we encounter are not high.... [tags: Drug addiction, Recreational drug use, Cannabis]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- ... Study shows that even the “softest” of drugs, such as marijuana, are harmful. They cause memory loss, distorted perception, a decline of motor skills, and increased heart rate and anxiety. It changes your immediate, face-to-face interaction (microsystem), your interaction with multiple people (mesosystem). furthermore, it would take over your macro system, which is the way in individual maps out and organizes society, it would guide it into having a completely different perspective. Research shows that a drug addict is six times more likely to commit a homicide, meaning that drugs alters their outlook on other individuals and society.... [tags: Drug addiction, Addiction, Recreational drug use]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- There’s no denying that education is constantly changing, but what’s truly astounding is the difference that can be throughout the years in math. More is changing in math classrooms than the tools that are used. The expectations that 21st century students face are completely transforming the approach that’s being taken in classrooms across America. The United States wants to make sure its students are ready to compete on a global level, and teachers are stepping up to the plate. The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) has led the movement for education reform in mathematics.... [tags: math classrooms, teachers of mathematics]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- Mathematics is found everywhere in life and work and auto racing is no exception. There are many applications of math in racing. The purpose of racing is to win and in order to do that there must be a lot of math involved. If you don’t use math and use it correctly then you will not win. Mathematics is involved in racing in two ways, the car setup and scoring an measurements. The car setup involves tire pressure, down force, wedge, aerodynamic Drag, camber, track bar and valance. The scoring system also uses math.... [tags: mathematics math car racing]
1265 words (3.6 pages)