When I communicate with people even my friends, I like to be very clear to avoid miscommunication. I am a very respectful and polite person. My face always carries a smile when I am talking to people. When I speak to someone, I am always saying greeting and saying “please” and “Thank you” if a part of our conservation involves that. I am very observant and mostly quiet person when I am among people that I am just acquainting, I let them have the floor, listening to them so I can see how I can approach them be part of the conversation and maybe bond with that person.
Sometimes my nonverbal communication affects people and make them feel like I am avoiding them or don’t want to talk to them. Because when they are talking and I am just sitting there and not saying anything, those people feel like I don’t want to be part of the “clang”. And when they approach me and ask, “Why don’t you say anything” my response is always the same “I do not know what you guys are taking about”.
I am also a very outgoing person when I start a conversation with someone I am going to keep talking to th...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Some basic communication skills, can be broken into two categories; verbal and non verbal. Within a professional realm, whether talking/listening to a boss, coworker or client, there are appropriate speaking tones and pitch, informal conversation, formal conversation and formal presentation. When speaking to others, not only the spoken words formulate their evaluation and interpretation of what was just said, but also how the words were pronounced, the rhythm, emphasis, tone and pitch. Before any conversation, presentation, or phone call conversation arrange your thoughts and structure your conversation, this will keep you on the right path and not forget important points.... [tags: Communication]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Housh’s Opinion on the Importance of Communication Communication in the workplace is important for many reasons. According to the Houston Chronicle, effective communication helps with diversity, team building and employee morale. Furthermore, good and effective communication also affects the global business economy. Steve Burnett states it best, in my opinion, “Regardless of the changes in technology, the market for well-crafted messages will always have an audience." (Leading Thoughts, 2015). I have witnessed terrible communication interactions, but I have also witnessed excellent communication interactions.... [tags: Communication, University]
733 words (2.1 pages)
The Effect Of Communication On The Workplace, Barriers, Communication, And Understanding And Using Effective Communication Skills
- I graduated from butte college in 1997 with an AS degree in Licensed vocational nursing. I later decided to further my education in nursing and returned to college, I graduated with an AS degree in Registered nursing in 2002 from butte college. I am currently attending Pacific college to earn my BSN degree. Right after I obtained my LVN license I went to worked at Oroville hospital, I worked for Oroville hospital for one year, then I decided to make a change and I went to work for California Forensic Medical Group which is a subcontracted company for the Butte County jail and I have been there ever since.... [tags: Nonverbal communication, Communication]
1181 words (3.4 pages)
- ... However, cultural differences also imply different ways to communicate. The first key learning point for the students is the understanding of other party culture based on communication schemes. Our objective is here to remind to students that they must not neglect the process of the negotiation - here communication - to only focus on the content. The two different cultures in this case might be defined as low context and high context ones based on Edward Hall theories. A high context culture is a culture in which the message contains a very little explicit verbal part.... [tags: context, message, negotiation]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- Principles and Techniques of Effective Communication One of the most important skills for couples to have in a relationship is the ability to communicate in an effective manner. Communication is necessary in order to disclose with a partner and build intimacy. It is also necessary in order to resolve conflict that occurs in the course of the relationship. David Knox and Caroline Schacht, authors of the textbook Choices in Relationships, identify fifteen strategies that are important to the development of effective communication in relationship.... [tags: Nonverbal communication, Communication]
1431 words (4.1 pages)
- My biggest challenge while trying to move up the corporate ladder is interpersonal communication with co-workers and presentation speeches in front of the owners and financial managers. During my childhood, I did not have the opportunity to communicate with my parents or examples of loud arguments and negative personal attacks. Humans develop language and social skills from its surroundings so I guess I can blame mine on my dysfunctional family. At least I did almost five years ago. When the Director of Finance promoted me to senior accountant, his only constructive criticism was to attend different communication courses to groom me for the Assistant Director of Finance position.... [tags: Interpersonal Communication, Business Management]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- Language is the basis of human communication. It is a cultural and social interaction, and the way language is used is influenced by the circumstances in which it takes place (Emmitt, 2010, p. 49; Green, 2006, p. 2). Children become aware that there are different types of language, including languages used at home, at childcare and at school, as they observe and participate in various language situations (Fellowes & Oakley, 2014, p. 39). Some of these languages may be unfamiliar, and children will need to learn the different roles and uses of language.... [tags: Sociology, Nonverbal communication, Language]
1988 words (5.7 pages)
- The Dangers of Digital Communication Today, almost everyone we know uses some sort of digital communication at some point in their day. There are many issues starting to arise as more people, young and old, get involved in the use of digital devices to communicate world-wide . Digital devices have become basically a necessity to us as a society. Most all of the information we receive comes to us through digital media. The news and current events we hear daily are easily streamed through our smart phones and computers.... [tags: Communication, Media, Digital media]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- The term “culture” refers to the complex accumulation of knowledge, folklore, language, rules, rituals, habits, lifestyles, attitudes, beliefs, and customs that link and provide a general identity to a group of people. Cultures take a long time to develop. There are many things that establish identity give meaning to life, define what one becomes, and how one should behave. Distribution and exercise of power shape attitudes towards authority. How people sustain themselves economically, and how they manage to obtain the necessities of life, determines assigned roles of individuals and the relationships among them.... [tags: Cross Cultural Communication]
1414 words (4 pages)
- Politics and the media have long been intimately involved with each other, with media strongly setting an agenda in which politics is very important. (Harris 1999,p.167) “Our perceived reality of the real world is largely a product of the media.” (Harris 1999,p.186) It is not known which influences more but there are definitely two sides to the story. Many studies have been done to decide but each comes out with different answers. Many say that the media has more of an impact on politics than does politics on the media.... [tags: Functions of Communication]
2392 words (6.8 pages)
- Dr. Stevin Gehrke 's Lab
- Movie Analysis : Crash, Film Directed And Produced By Paul Haggis
- Important Themes And Biblical Symbols Of O. Henry 's The Gift Of The Magi
- Being Stifled And The Classroom
- An Experiment Of Purify One Of The Largest Populations Of Antibodies And Soluble Proteins
- John F. Kennedy 's Inaugural Address