Inspirational speaker, Steve Maraboli states, “You were not made for a mundane or mediocre life.” This applies to doing mission trips and helping others around the world. Breaking out of your comfort zone and being involved in a life changing experience, will not only be a positive change in you, the missionary’s life, but the people you are serving and in need as well. Hearing stories of others and how their lives have been impacted gives a new outlook on life and can inspire others to go out and make a difference. All over the world there are opportunities to help others that are ‘field specific’ to what you are best at. Even in your local communities, you have the opportunities to help those around you. Joining local clubs or even creating your own will help others come out and join to make a difference.
This organization traveled to Addis...
... middle of paper ...
...r. (2014). Retrieved from http://www.redcross.org/support/volunteer/opportunities
Missions don’t always have to be served worldwide. Serving in local communities can make a big impact in lives just like traveling can. There are homes in every local community that could use a new roof or a deck that would serve as doing missions and it’s not far from home. Joining with Red Cross and volunteering with disasters or in orphanages are types of volunteer work out there. Smaller ways could be starting a club at school to help those in need in the community, volunteering at a hospital, or even being babysitting instructor. This site helped me in knowing that you don’t have to travel and gave me the information to know what you can do in your local community.
Ethiopia Facts. (2014). Ethiopia Facts. Retrieved , from http://www.compassion.com/about/where/ethiopia.htm
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Critically evaluate the mission, vision and values of a company that you are familiar with and propose alternative formulations of same The Mission, Vision and Values of a company play a Fundamental role in Strategy Formulation and Strategic planning. We will discuss throughout this assignment, how developing effective mission, vision and values can help shape, develop and guide a firms Strategic choices. They reflect the firm's fundamental core ideology. At the most basic level a mission statement can describe the firms overall purpose for being.... [tags: strategic planning, mission statement]
1675 words (4.8 pages)
- Dan Heath explains how to create a successful mission statement. He states that nowadays people prefer simplicity. For example, it is useful to replace some pompous or rude words with the simpler ones like present, instead of serve, or the word “damn”, that should be undoubtedly censored. Likewise, the mission statement should not be too limited, for instance, Italian food, instead of pizza should be offered to customers (FastCompany, 2010). More to the point, the food parlor might offer family entertainment that is associated with the integrity.... [tags: Board of directors, Corporate governance]
2250 words (6.4 pages)
- South West Airlines Southwest Airlines mission is a loyalty Customer Service brought across with expression of warmth, friendliness, amazing surprising or single pride and Company Spirit. Their vision is to become the best airline, and the best money-making airline company. Aflac Joining forceful core showing off to people with quality items and groups of managers at aggressive costs to give the best protection respect to shoppers. Similarities, differences and influence on the organization An organization vision describes shows the unavoidable future of the association, what the team tries to complete in the close or far off future.... [tags: Southwest Airlines, Airline, Mission statement]
981 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction One element of strategic planning is developing a company 's mission statement. While companies have slogans and vision statements, the mission statement is not the same. The mission statement formally declares the purpose and reason for the company 's existence. This is the foundation for the company’s strategic plan. Helping guide the company along the way during the decision making process. As a company evolve the mission statement should too. What is a Mission Statement What makes up a great mission statement.... [tags: Mission statement, Strategic planning, Customer]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- I've had a great time these past four years of high school. I've had a lot of fun with my class. We have many memories together. The basketball games, the parties, and all the fund-raisers for worthy causes. And, we've all been really busy with our own individual lives, and I know that will never change. But, on top of my busy schedule, I've learned something. And right now I want to tell you the most important I've learned. I've learned it doesn't matter what our day to day lives entail. Whether it's doing homework or studying, working or singing, being the Strawberry Queen, playing tennis or playing piano, or even doing karate.... [tags: Graduation Speech, Commencement Address]
658 words (1.9 pages)
- “Companies that enjoy enduring success have core values and a core purpose that remain fixed while their business strategies and practices endlessly adapt to a changing world.” Vision Statement describes the future. It tells where the company is going or where the company wants to go. While Mission Statements describes the presnet status: why the company exists today and / or what the company is doing to pursue its vision of the future. Together they provide direction for the business by focusing its attention on doing things day-to-day to accomplish its mission, while taking steps to pursue its vision of the future - its long-term business intent.... [tags: Business Mission Vision]
1707 words (4.9 pages)
- XYZ Internet Company is part of a burgeoning market of Internet access companies. We provide Internet access solution for homes and small businesses. Our product is an affordable and easy-to-install way to access the Internet and connect networks to it. This high-speed "always on" service lets the customer access the Internet over ordinary phone lines at speeds up to 8 Mbps for downloads and 1 Mbps for uploads (Internet Access Types. n.d.). We work with our clients to find the best and most affordable type of Internet access for their needs as well as maintenance and customer support.... [tags: Mission Statement]
766 words (2.2 pages)
- The Apollo 13 mission was the fifth lunar mission and was planned to be the third lunar landing. Because the spacecraft did not actually land on the moon, it is often called a “lunar swing by”(Angelo 40). After a rupture in the service module oxygen tank made landing on the moon impossible, suddenly the main focus of the mission became getting the crew home safely. Apollo 13’s original mission was aborted but is still considered a “successful failure” because of the experience gained in saving the crew.... [tags: lunar mission, odyssey, risky]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- I. INTRODUCTION Everybody that is in business is there to make a profit (some firms are just tax shelters) and there are only so many products and services available. What sets the competition apart is how they execute their business practices. This is where a mission statement becomes the “blueprint” for doing business. “The mission statement needs to be longer than a phrase or sentence, but not a 2-page document” (David, 2003). This document not only points the managers in the right direction, it also gives the employee a sense of why they are working for this company.... [tags: Whole Foods Mission Goal Analysis]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- JUNO is a NASA mission to the planet Jupiter. The Juno spacecraft is scheduled to launch aboard an Atlas V-551 rocket from Cape Canaveral, Fla., in Aug. 2011. (www.nasa.gov). It will take 5 years to reach Jupiter, arriving in July 2016. It will orbit Jupiter 33 times. The purpose of the mission is to explore Jupiter’s structure and atmosphere. The main aim of this mission is to understand how the planet Jupiter originated and thus help us understand the evolution of the gas giants. This knowledge will also reflect upon our understanding of the origins of the Universe.... [tags: NASA, Mission, Planet Jupiter]
509 words (1.5 pages)