This paper will examine the steps of Marketing Research and the role that it plays in the marketing mix of product, place, price and promotion. The marketing mix is guided by marketing strategy made up of factors that are under company control and collected into four groups of variables known as the four P’s: product, place, price, and promotion (Kerin, R.A., Hartley, S.W., Berkowitz, E.N., & Rudelius, W., 2009). The organization selected for this examination will be the current company with which I am employed, Apartment Management Consultants (AMC).
AMC is a fairly new full service property/asset management company, established in 2000. The company has already become a premiere apartment management company. AMC has an owner friendly management structure with a focus on maximized earnings of the client’s real estate investment. Individual attention is given to each property with a thorough analysis, a variety of resources to yield high returns, and comprehensive property management skills. AMC has over 200 management properties in 10 states and large number of partnership value to offer their clients (About Us: AMC, 2011.).
AMC is structured to operate in a long-term capacity and can operate as a buffer between management and ownership. We can provide monthly reports to our clients consisting of; monthly financial statement review (providing trend reports of any fluctuation in performance), impartial market reviews, physical condition reports (providing pictures and descriptions of any deferred maintenance items), capital improvements (tracking owner or lender mandated repairs), quarterly resident surveys, and an overall monthly summary of operations. After intense market study, we wil...
... middle of paper ...
...mand, the price residents are willing to pay, and where the advertising dollar will benefit most.
AMC uses marketing research daily to determine traffic, advertising, expiring leases, maintenance, spending, and bank deposits. Marketing research is an important process that gives AMC, and the owner’s, a real-time view of the progress that is made at any given property. The information that is received can be analyzed and proper adjustments can be made in order to help management and business successful.
Apartment Management Consultants Corporation. (2011, August 19). About Us: AMC. Retrieved August 19, 2011, from AMC Web site: http://www.amcllc.net.
Kerin, R.A., Hartley, S.W., Berkowitz, E.N., & Rudelius, W. . (2009). Marketing. New York, N.Y.: McGraw Hill.
McDonald Jr., C. G. (2007). Marketing Research, Seventh Edition. John Wiley & Sons.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Importance of Market Research: The Marriott Company The Marriott Company is a successful lodging and hospitality company. It is a company that is internationally recognized and has nearly 3,700 properties, 18 brands in 72 countries and territories worldwide (Marriott, 2012). With such success and worldwide prominence, it is no mistake that it operates with a winning formula that includes market research. "Our relentless focus on innovation and action fuel the way we do business" (Marriott, 2012).... [tags: Market Research ]
988 words (2.8 pages)
- The Importance of Market Research Apple Inc is a multinational corporation founded in 1976 in Cupertino, California, by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak and was originally named Apple Computers, Inc (Apple, 2011). The company began as an organization that sold computers and computer hardware but this has led the way for the company to create innovative products in the field of electronic MP3 players, cell phones, entertainment, and media products. This wide range of electronics allowed Apple Inc to expand its industry and attract more customers.... [tags: Marketing]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- The content of this paper will discuss the importance of market research to AAA Travel Auto Club South. While discussing the importance of market research this document will start with a definition and than evaluate if market research is used by this organization and if so what the value of using it is and the various types of marketing research AAA Travel Auto Club South uses and it’s importance to their organization. The process of market research is assembling information, analyzing its value, and interpreting market information about products or services to be presented for sale in a particular market (McDaniel & Gates, 2006).... [tags: Market Research ]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Introduction In today’s competitive economy, marketing research is vital for a growing organization. So much so that having thoroughly gathered market information should be a prerequisite for any startup business. Market research helps a business excel by providing help with factors such as advertising, marketing, pricing, market trends, customers, competition among others. Effective market research can be so useful that a company can psychologically condition their customers to believe that they are in need of the product they are selling even if they can’t even afford it.... [tags: Business Administration]
1338 words (3.8 pages)
- The Importance of Market Research: Whole Foods Marketing research is invaluable to an organization. The information that is gathered from marketing research allows the management team to make educated decisions. Market research tools are chosen for various reasons, it may be a financially feasible choice for the organization or the organization may be graced with the capability to use many different tools. This paper discusses market research and lists a few tools used by one of the world's largest retailers of natural and organic foods, Whole Foods.... [tags: Marketing ]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- The Importance of Market Research for the Valley Yellow Pages Whenever a company has a new product or service it would like to offer to the public there are always questions it needs to answer and analyze first. For instance, who is the target market or markets we want to appeal to. Is the market receptive to a new entry or are the products or services already there sufficiently entrenched barring any successful new release into the market. How well will our product or service address the wants and needs of our customers.... [tags: Marketing]
1957 words (5.6 pages)
- The Importance of Marketing Research This paper will outline the importance of marketing research and apply that importance to a communication to the management team at Johnson & Johnson’s Consumer Products group. The discussion with management will include the use of current marketing research tools by the company today and the application of each. The premise behind marketing research helps provide a company’s decision makers the information intelligence needed to make daily decisions (McDaniel & Gates, 2006).... [tags: Market Research ]
1013 words (2.9 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Global and marketing research is important to gain valuable information related to needs and wants of customers. With the help of effective research, business can enhance their performance to attract potential customers in the global and domestic market (Akaka, Vargo and Lusch, 2013). Present report is based on a case study which provides importance of market research on Shampoo. For this SLG Company has been selected which provides various cosmetics, fragrance, beauty accessory and lifestyle products (SLG, 2016).... [tags: Marketing, Competitor analysis]
2317 words (6.6 pages)
- Market research is an essential component of an organization's marketing strategy. The results of market research provide information about customers, products, trends and competitors. Market research can be defined as, “A business activity that discovers information of use in making marketing decisions.” (Mktg textbook, p. ) The results of market research influence decisions regarding; market segmentation, sales performance, product features, distribution options, promotional and pricing strategies and consumer attitudes and behaviour.... [tags: Marketing ]
2326 words (6.6 pages)
- Smith, Inc. and its consultants have worked together to determine particular popular industries in the Northern Arizona area in which to invest. We have found that there is overwhelming demand for a local football team and even more demand from Arizona State University students to adopt a Division One, NCAA football team. As a result, we have researched the possibilities of investing in a sports stadium to support the team and have determined whether or not it would be a lucrative business.... [tags: essays research papers]
2232 words (6.4 pages)