Living and creating a healthy lifestyle is very important to me and has many benefits that go along with it. I believe living a healthy lifestyle means living life in a way that helps yourself be both physically and emotionally healthy. There are many different aspects to living a healthy lifestyle like, regular physical activity, eating well, managing stress, and protecting the environment. To apply these to my life I need to Recognize which determinants I have control over and work to improve or maintain healthy behaviors. I need to explore the determinants I have little or no control over to learn what I might be susceptible to and how to manage that determinant. living a healthy lifestyle is very important and by making just a couple changes in your lifestyle can help you live longer.
Self-management is very important and contributes a lot to your overall health and wellness. Knowing how to manage yourself with everything you have going on in your life and everything life throws at you is a very important skill to have. Everyone has different lives they are living so everyone will have different ways of managing their day to day tasks. I play sports and have a set plan to workout and stay in shape. During the season following a workout plan is very easy to manage and you have many other people or teammates to keep you accountable. After the season it is very important to have a set plan to continue to...
... middle of paper ...
... very important to keeping your body healthy. I have been taught growing up about smoking and drinking and how to avoid it and how it can affect your body in negative ways. I have learned that the people you hang out with have a huge influence on smoking and drinking. These destructive behaviors do not have much influence on my life because of the way I was raised. I have many friends that I know that struggle with alcohol addiction or smoking every day, and believe it was a lot to do with their parents. I learned a lot more about the effects of smoking and drinking and will apply what I have learned to help myself and also my friends.
There are many steps that go into creating a healthy lifestyle and learning how to live healthy will pay off. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is easy when you apply everything to your life and avoid anything that can harm your body.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The United States has put great emphasis on the importance of living a healthy lifestyle and balanced diet. Unfortunately, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) 69 percent of adults over the age of 20 are categorized as overweight or obese and 11.3 percent of adults are diagnosed with heart disease, which is the leading cause of death in the United States (“FastStats’). Statistics provided by the Boston Medical Center “An estimated 45 million Americans diet each year and spend $33 billion annually on weight loss products” (“Nutrition & Weight Management”).... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Low-carbohydrate diet]
715 words (2 pages)
- The general approach in which Disney addresses the issue of child with their “Magic of Healthy Living” website page limits the effectiveness of the text. Finding a solution to the unhealthy lifestyle of America’s young generation requires an impactful and practical approach towards the catalysts that create this issue. Thus, the lacking explanation of possible risks with child obesity, ignorance of the required support of parents or guardians, and no acknowledgement of the importance of a balanced diet forms more issues instead of eliminating any.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Health, Healthy diet]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Even though exercising, and eating healthier cause’s weight loss, healthy eating and losing weight is extremely hard. Obesity with Americans are becoming extreme. Eating on a healthier level everyday can possible guarantee you a better life spam, heart, and body mass. Excessing and eating healthier causes weight loss healthy eating and losing weight is extremely hard. Although it is said that as people exercise often, they can maintain a study weight, but the process to lose weight and trying to succeed, is a big portion of succeeding a healthy eating regimen.... [tags: good nutrition, healthy lifestyle]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- We live in a world that is constantly bounding forward. In that push for innovation, working long hours often overshadows what it takes for a person to maintain a healthy lifestyle. How can we expect to advance as a society if we are not taking care of our own health first. In order to achieve successes beyond what we ever have before, it is necessary for every person to be operating at maximum capacity. Companies that implement nutritional plans and allow their employees to exercise during work hours see improved health of their workers, happier employees, and a spike in business productivity.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Obesity, Health care]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- Introduction A group of three female friends who are living off campus have approached us to discuss how to have better eating habits but within the limits of their budget. This will require an in depth assessment of the individuals which considers several factors. Once we have a baseline it is key to develop a nursing diagnosis that encompasses the issue at hand. Once that is done a plan can be put into place, involving the cognitive, affective, and psychomotor learning styles. Assessment First a baseline assessment will be done concerning the clients.... [tags: Healthy Lifestyle Essay]
1410 words (4 pages)
- Key Components of Staying in Shape and Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle Section One: Introduction What are the key components of staying in shape and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. To answer this essential question, I interviewed Nathan Cox, my On-Site Advisor, and Kyle Gilbert. Both Cox and Gilbert are personal trainers at LA Fitness. Cox is certified in Personal Training and Fitness Nutrition from the International Sports Science Program. Gilbert has a Bachelor 's degree in Science and Exercise Science, and a Masters in Arts and Athletic Coaching Education.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Health, Weight loss]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- The healthcare community has been emphasizing the importance of healthy living style and promoted variety community level health care services to prevent chronic disease prevalence. Obesity is identified to be one of the major causes of health issue such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and cancer. Centers for disease control and prevention reports 34.9% of United States adults are considered obese (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2015). Moreover, it has been proven that the medical cost is higher for obese people.... [tags: Medicine, Health, Epidemiology, Health care]
1111 words (3.2 pages)
- Health Education and Behavior: Promoting Healthy Living Kristin Curcione Daemen College Health education and promotion are two paradigms that coincide in the world of nursing. Whitehead (2003) describes the biomedical structure of health education approaches as modified allopathic pursuits in health interventions. Nurses play a pivotal role in the education and health promotion for patients under their care. The World Health Organization (2015) defines health education as increasing awareness and shaping attitudes to improve health through learning encounters.... [tags: Health, Nursing, Health care, Nurse practitioner]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- Health is described as physical and mental well-being and freedom from disease, pain or defect. However, such descriptions only superficially define the actual meaning of health. There may be many occasions when individuals are not necessarily ill or in pain but may be overweight, stressed or emotionally unstable. Health is a quality of life involving dynamic interaction and interdependence among the individual’s physical state, their mental and emotional reactions, and the social context in which the individual exists.... [tags: Health essays research papers]
597 words (1.7 pages)
- Eating a healthy diet is an effective way to stop obesity because it allows you to get the necessary nutrients to live a healthy life. Having a healthy lifestyle is a very good way to have a great life. One of the major things that you can do to have a healthy lifestyle is to get enough sleep. When you get enough sleep it allows you let go of the stressful things that happened to you which can distract you from being happy. For adults the amount of sleep that is recommended is about 8-9 hours, and for children (teenagers and under) they need about 9-10 hours.... [tags: Obesity, Hypertension, Nutrition]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- A Project Management Professional Management
- The Chitlin Circuit : The Origins And Meanings Of Soul And Soul Food
- The Lighting Of A Unity Candle
- Women 's Representation Of Women
- Best Type Of Marketing Research
- Discrimination And Culture : An Argument Of Supporting Their Choice Of Intentionally Conceiving A Deaf Child Is Invalid