Exercise or activity level/Fitness: As I go through my day, I have been indirectly doing my fair share of exercise by engaging on daily walks and stair climbing. I am proud to say that I was able to log 65,387 for the week or roughly 9,341 steps a day using my iPhone pedometer app before I retire to my bed. Not only did I walk, but I also recorded 120 flights of stairs for the week or nearly 17 flights of stairs a day, after all, our acute care, physical therapy office is located on the 4th floor, and the patient wards are on the 2nd and 3rd floors. Besides, I do not use the elevator. These were my daily work routine. Furthermore, after dinner, I also walk around the neighborhood with my wife, to encourage her towards fitness. Equally important is nutrition. I consume at least a bowl of oat bran every morning to provide me that much-needed fiber and carbohydrates, to have a healthy start on my day. Also, at least 3-4 servings of vegetables a day, two for lunch and two for dinner. These edibles are called, "great greens" which includes the following greenery, Arugula, baby spinach, kale and baby lettuces. I combined all these green vegetables with cherry tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, onions and garlic olive oil for a healthy salad. As for my protein, I eat at least a serving of pan grilled salmon, or tilapia, and roasted chicken for dinner. I consider myself a "picky" eater since I watch what I eat. There is a saying that goes like this "You are what you eat". Likewise, I love fruits, and I eat at least one to two pieces of persimmon, apples, banana and pears on a daily basis.
B. Describe two domains in which you would like to improve your health behaviors...
... middle of paper ...
...him. As opposed to another patient, who lives in the rural area where plenty of fruits and vegetables are available, it is more comfortable for him to follow a healthy diet. As for me, I was fortunate that there is a local farmer 's market located a few blocks away from where I live, where I can buy fresh fruits and vegetables, which supports my healthy eating habit. Social and economic influences are very crucial factors in determining access to good health. (Crist, McVay, & Marocco, 2013, p. 10) Suggested the importance of socioeconomic status particularly the role of education and income. Furthermore, (Public Health of Canada, 2008) inferred that income, education, and relatedness have a direct influence on health.
Thank you for reading my post,
What relaxation technique or strategy can you suggest that I do to improve my mental wellness?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- According to the Oxford dictionary, fitness is defined as “The quality of being suitable to fulfill a particular role or task” and or “The condition of being physically fit and healthy”. Fitness education could, in the immediate future, play a major role in the reduction of childhood obesity, as well as obesity throughout all age ranges, while simultaneously increasing the overall health of all individuals who are fortunate enough to receive the education. In order for this to happen, fitness education must be incorporated into all levels of learning, and be made more readily available to the adult population who were deprived of it during their school age, adolescent, and young adulthood s... [tags: Overweight, childhood obesity, fitness]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Goal-Setting Techniques and Team Performance When it comes to goal setting, there are four main characteristics, they are as follows: goals should be difficult but attainable, goals should be specific and have a set list of guidelines, group members should display a feeling of commitment to the goal, and all teams should have a feedback system to provide members with information about progress (Robbins & Judge, 2013). Another important factor for successful group performance is the ability of the group leader to understand the self-efficacy of each individual group member.... [tags: fitness goals, healthier companies]
966 words (2.8 pages)
- Muscle Physical Fitness The topic Muscle Physical Fitness was chosen because it is very important to know and learn about in order to maintain an overall well being in today's life. Having a little to no physical activity level at all puts people at risk for obtaining health problems on the human body. A lot of people don’t care or think fitness is at all that important until they start having health problems themselves like diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoarthritis, cystic fibrosis etc..... [tags: Physical exercise, Strength training]
1230 words (3.5 pages)
- Health, nutrition and fitness are the three interrelated areas that determine an individual's sense of happiness and well being. Health Health involves the physical, mental and spiritual levels of the individual. A physically healthy person is one who can carry out normal daily physical activities and respond to emergencies with out undo fatigue or pain. The health part of health, nutrition and fitness is achieved through a balanced program of good nutrition, healthy physical activity, continuous education and mental activities, and social and spiritual activities.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Exercise, Strength training]
1154 words (3.3 pages)
- The Importance of Physical Fitness Are you sick of gasping for air just after a quick trip up the stairs or feeling overly fatigued after a ten minute game of catch with your son. Maybe it is time you get busy and get in shape. What does it really mean to be physically fit. This is a question many of us ask ourselves when we set out to look better and feel better about ourselves. I personally don't know one person in this world that longs to be fat and out of shape. When you finally get off the couch, put the snacks back in the cupboard and decide it is time for you to get in shape, you usually head toward the gym first.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
1998 words (5.7 pages)
- A Philosophy on Fitness Webster’s Dictionary defines physical as “concerned or preoccupied with the body and its’ needs” and defines activity as “the state or quality of producing or involving movement.” I agree with Mr. Webster’s definitions. I see physical activity as doing some kind of movement in order to assist in improving or maintaining a body’s level of health. By maintaining or improving that level of health, physical activity also plays a big role in a person’s “quality of life”. How happy or complete a person feels many times depends upon, how their body looks, how they are feeling inside, or how fit they feel.... [tags: Papers]
1464 words (4.2 pages)
- When we hear “fitness education”, the definition is somewhat self-explanatory; it is simply the education of physical fitness. However, there is far more to it than what those words indicate. Physical fitness is something that many Americans lack beginning at a very young age, and it can last their entire life without proper education on out to be healthy, active, and in an overall positive state of well-being. It is our goal as future educators, however, to make sure that our students acknowledge and understand the lifelong benefits of being physically fit.... [tags: Obesity, Exercise, Nutrition, Physical exercise]
1135 words (3.2 pages)
- It is good for any woman to be physically fit throughout her life. However, being in good physical condition before becoming pregnant is substantial. Being fit helps a woman’s body meet the physical demands of carrying and delivering a baby. Regular exercise reduces the occurrence of common pregnancy ailments. Unless a doctor decides against it for medical reasons, pregnant women can and should be active before, during and after pregnancy. It is recommended that pregnant women keep their exercises at a moderate level.... [tags: essays research papers]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- Health Related Fitness The definition of health related fitness is health related fitness relates to those components of health status. Our health status is: - Strength. Muscular endurance, Aerobic endurance, Flexibility and Body composition. Now I am going to explain their purpose and importance in relation to the five components of fitness. 1. Aerobic Endurance 2. Muscular Endurance 3. Body Composition 4. Flexibility 5. Strength Aerobic Endurance ================= Aerobic Endurance is the body's ability to exercise whole muscle groups over an extended period of time at moderate intensity, utilizing aerobic energy.... [tags: Papers]
570 words (1.6 pages)
- The Meanings of Physical Activity and Health For this project, I interviewed 3 other people than myself, and also quizzed myself using the questions. Using 20 questions, I attempted to cover all the main points on people’s meanings of physical activity and health. Out of the four people surveyed, two were male and two were female. Two were of Australian origin, and two were of Chinese origin. A definite range can be seen through all four people, but similarities can be seen.... [tags: Papers]
1105 words (3.2 pages)