Before any conversation, presentation, or phone call conversation arrange your thoughts and structure your conversation, this will keep you on the right path and not forget important points. But also, allow for flexibility if the conversation sways from your outline (Molen 10). At the beginning of the conversation, it is valuable to point out an overview of the topic and points you are going to be discussing, this engages the listener and informs them before the discussion commences (Molen 10). Another skill to acquire before a conversation, is to ask how much time the listener has to converse, try to keep within this time, to not misuse the person’s time (Molen 10). While conversing, refrain from slang, gossiping, lying, exaggeration, constant critisicm, negativity, offensiceness, and profanities, as they may not only offend and irritate the listener, but you will also loose credibility, and not provoke professionalism (Ludden 13, 62). A few things to remember are; use clear pronounciation, speak slowly (but not so slow that people think your mocking their intelligence, use correct grammer (or the listener will question your education), be clear, and don’t use certain words repetitively to keep the listener interested (Ludden 13, 54). At t...
... middle of paper ...
...igner's Outlook." Personal interview. 9 Mar. 2010.
Conroy, Richard. "Importance of Communication from a Profession Designer's Outlook." Telephone interview. 9 Mar. 2010.
Page, Nancy. "Importance of Communication from a Profession Designer's Outlook." E-mail interview. 8 Mar. 2010.
McCluskey, Ellen. "Importance of Communication from a Profession Photographer's Outlook." Personal interview. 16 Mar. 2010.
Arcprint Nanaiamo, BC Canada, Lindsay. "Importance of Communication from a Profession Reprographic Clerk's Outlook." E-mail interview. 10 Mar. 2010.
Douglas, Lauren. "Importance of Communication from a Student Designer's Outlook." Personal interview. 16 Mar. 2010.
Goofio, Hesh. "Importance of Communication from a Client's Outlook." Personal interview. 16 Mar. 2010.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Online Design The next phase of the new program and course development process is to examine, research, and design the new proposed course as an online course. Online course delivery options must be explored. A variety of resources need to identified to successfully develop a new online course. These resources may include a variety of publications, possibly even the oversight of a faculty mentor. California State University, Chico provides a detailed site for the development of an online course.... [tags: Education ]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- Information and Communication Technology refers to a group of terms. In this project management, we have various forms of technologies, these can be used to collect, store, edit and pass the information. Above all of these project management have divided into various types of groups.it is divided into five types, they are 1. Initiating. 2. Planning. 3. Executing. 4. Monitoring and Controlling. 5. Closing. In this project management, knowledge can be mainly focussed on the ten types of different goals.... [tags: project management, sucess]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- NOTHING STAYS THE SAME Change is a constant feature of contemporary society, and much of it seems to be instigated by the rapid and continuing development and use of information and communication technologies (ICTs). This is certainly true as far as the information professions are concerned, as ICTs modify how information is collected, processed, communicated, stored, retrieved and even interpreted, effectively creating different understandings of three of constituent elements of information work : the containers of information (documents); the means by which they can be communicated; and the tools which are used to manage them.... [tags: Technology, Digital Archives ]
2197 words (6.3 pages)
- Effective Communication The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) mentions effective communication more than one time on the website. Effective Communication is part of the vision and mission statements for this professional organization. The ASHA’s vision statement is “Making effective communication, a human right, accessible and achievable for all” and the Mission statement is “Empowering and supporting speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and speech, language, and hearing scientists by advocating on behalf of persons with communication and related disorders, advancing communication science and promoting effective human communication” (“About ASHA”, 2011). The website... [tags: Benefits, Article Analysis]
716 words (2 pages)
- IT has contributed significantly to the improvement in communication, transportation, and to economic growths, especially for the Western societies (Desai, von der Embse, & Ofori-Brobbey, 2009). Emails, social media, and instant messaging have literary declared the traditional paper-mail mode of communication obsolete. Ken Strutin wrote of the “…brick and mortal world living at right angle to the virtual world” (2011, p. 229), albeit that brick and mortal world receding with its space shrinking.... [tags: knowledge, children, inappropriate content]
1586 words (4.5 pages)
- One of the most crucial aspects of the development of philosophy of African history has been a realization of the importance of the spoken or oral traditions in the framing and interpretation of African history. The oral tradition is a living, and dynamic organism within the African community, and the original element of oral traditional is djembe. The Djembe is a traditional African drum and is the symbolic instrument of the West African community. The Djembe is held on a high pedestal in the social communal aspect of the society’s daily routine, and is seen in many gatherings.... [tags: drums, culture, ceremonies]
1048 words (3 pages)
- What is the Design Cycle. The Design Cycle is a cycle which helps school students think befre they begin doing a certain project or assesment. The design cycle give students the opurtunity to research and have enough ideas to come up with there final product in several different techniques. the design cycle allows the students to investigate,plan and create there solution. According to Mathew CO of H1-D,” In the future they may apply this technique to other projects to help them make a good product.” The reason why I think that the design cycle is important is because it allows any student to creat anything simple yet thorough, anyone can use this technique because the steps are so thoroug... [tags: rubric, skatepark,design cycle]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- The Importance of Creative and Cultural Industries in Britain Today The creative and cultural industries play a huge part in the everyday life of British society. In London, there is a variety of creative industries ranging from musical theatre in the west end, to mime artists working on the streets. There is dance, plays and much more for an audience to choose. This can be considered important, as these industries bring society together, and create a means of entertainment for the people of Britain today.... [tags: arts, crafts, media, England]
560 words (1.6 pages)
- Good communication is solution the in any organization. It is also the connection between all levels of personal. Good communication can be improved in practically every workplace and community. The Pleasantville district utilizes their human resources department as they conduct random questionnaires and staff submit department suggestions boxes placed randomly thought the school district in which all are answered in a timely fashion. It is very important to employees because they all need to add their verbiage in order to handle the daily stress.... [tags: Communication]
2379 words (6.8 pages)
- Exploring Online Communities First language, then print, and now telecommunications allow us to link thoughts and form communities, or groups based on common interests or common localities. However, in the not so distant past of the pre-virtual reality and pre-telecommunications age, community was the place where people lived, worked or played. For most of human recorded history, community was close to home and place dependent. Nowadays, cyberspace exists and permeates the 'real' world in which we live.... [tags: Internet Communication Technology Essays]
1501 words (4.3 pages)