Exercising helps in many different ways such as gaining muscular strength and ability. A person's desire is to lose weight and have a perfect toned figure, but it also helps ease a lot of other conditions as well. Exercising is considered to be a mood booster. It helps improve self esteem and will lower depression. It will make a person a lot happier, and will help bring a positive reaction in the body. Physical activity is very important for obesity. It is really important for obese children or adults to get some form of exercise in their lives. It can be very beneficial for them and can help prevent long term illnesses. People that exercise on a daily basis do it because it helps them feel more positive about themselves and they will be more energized, motivated and focused for the day. It gives people an excessive amount of happiness.
There are many different classes available at gyms and various types of home exercise equipment to use. Although there are many at home techniques to try as well. ...
... middle of paper ...
... getting diabetes, cardiovascular disease, or cancer are all greatly reduced. Making a simple dietary change such as switching from white bread to whole grain bread will help with the intake with fiber. It is better to eat the correct foods and drinks instead of turning to diet pills or supplements. They can cause serious health risks.
Being physically fit can help deliver good health benefits that can't be received any other way. Going to the gym everyday and getting a good workout is a basic need and will help increase your stamina and help you remain in good health. A person who exercises regularly will get more out of every day. The many types of exercises help demonstrate many techniques of physical fitness that create good habits and your health and energy levels will be greater than ever before. Being physically fit is a lifestyle, and does a body good.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It is common knowledge in the present time that as we age we should strive to keep our body and mind active; however, recent research shows that it is also very important to remain socially active as well. Isolation and loneliness are an ever increasing reality for older adults as they lose friends and family either to illness or by simply drifting apart. Other difficulties such as hearing loss and increased fatigue make it more difficult to get around as easily as it may have been in youth which can also lead to isolation.... [tags: Social Issues]
955 words (2.7 pages)
Be Active and Achieve: A Research Essay on Physical Education and Movement in an Elementary Level Classroom
- With childhood obesity becoming an epidemic in America, we need methods to help stop obesity in children such as physical activities. Physical activities are not only to help prevent obesity; it can also help students improve on their academics. “Physical education helps the brain function; exercise increases the blood flow within the body and increases the blood volume in regions of the brain associated with memory formation” (Kovar, Susan K at el. Elementary Classroom Teachers as Movement Educators.... [tags: childhood obesity, health, productivity]
2865 words (8.2 pages)
- So let’s march on over to become in tune with the importance of listening. What is the most important quality in a salesperson. Is it persistence. Quick thinking. It’s not even persuasiveness. According to Christina Holbrook McEntee, the most important quality in a salesperson is the ability to listen. Brenda Ueland explains that this is because the people who “really listen to us are the ones we move toward, and want to sit in their radius as though it did us good.” Attracting people presents us with a valuable opportunity.... [tags: Active listening, Hearing, Learning, Hearing]
1062 words (3 pages)
- It has been two weeks since I began field placement at camino nuevo charter learning academy. I have to admit that the past two weeks, it has been such as challenging experience for me. One because I am not use to using therapeutic skills with clients . Two, also because I have had to think out side the box and become more responsive to clients I have worked with. I recognized that there has been several factor that have affected my work with clients. Beginning with struggling with having clients actively take part in sessions.... [tags: Learning, Active listening, Feeling, Skill]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- Being satisfied at school or at work can, at times, be challenging. Work environment satisfaction is determined by how much a person likes what he/she is doing and specific areas of the job. Those who are dissatisfied in their job or at school may not feel appreciated. A person’s motivation plays a role in his/her satisfaction. Motivation gives people purpose and affects their behavior (Hughes, Ginnett, and Curphy). When someone is motivated to perform well, they may experience satisfaction from achieving a goal.... [tags: Motivation, Leadership, Communication, Want]
1444 words (4.1 pages)
- The Importance of Exercise Imagine one day lying in your death bed with a chronic disease just because you ignored the importance of exercise. This may sound dramatic but this can really happen to anyone if they don’t get an adequate amount of exercise in their lives. One major problem I see all around me almost every day of my life is the common lack of exercise. Including myself, I don’t think most people understand the importance of exercising to stay healthy in our daily lives. This is a very significant issue in the United States today because it is not appreciated enough for what it does for us.... [tags: healthy habits]
1391 words (4 pages)
Promoting Healthy And Active Living, Offering Programs, Supports And Services Targeted Towards Older Adults
- Growing up, I have always known that I want to make a positive difference in peoples lives. After going through several experiences as a child, it became clear to me that I should go into the field of social work. Social workers create positive change in the wellness of individuals in various ways and as a social worker, my goals will be to influence a positive social change. There are many ways that I can attain this goal, whether it be personally in my social work practice, or within the community of social workers that I will work amongst.... [tags: Social work, Sociology, Social change]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- “There is no divide in American life that hurts more than the one between those we consider well educated and those who are poorly or inadequately schooled” (Spayde 60). According to John Spayde, author of “Learning in the Key of Life," a university education is a defining role in the well-being and success of people in today’s society. Similarly, John Henry Newman, in his essay, “The Idea of a University,” believes too that education gives “man the clear conscious view of his own opinions and judgments, a truth in developing them, an eloquence in expressing them, and force in urging them” (49), thus making him a well rounded human being.... [tags: Importance of Education Essays]
820 words (2.3 pages)
- The Importance of Physical Education and Health In studying Physical Education and Health, I have learned that there are a significant number of benefits of physical activity. Physical activity reduces the risk of premature mortality, and of coronary heart disease, hypertension, colon cancer, and diabetes. Physical activity also improves mental health, and is important for the health of muscles, bones, and joints. As a teacher I will try to implement activities that will hold the students interest while benefiting them physically as well.... [tags: Teaching Philosophy Teacher Education Essays]
446 words (1.3 pages)
- The Importance of Physical Exercise What is exercise. The actual definition of exercise is; to use repeatedly in order to strengthen or develop, but to make it simpler, exercise is doing programs and workouts to keep fit, for example, running, hiking, bicycling, and any active sport. Most Americans do little or no exercise during work or rest hours. Today there aren't many jobs requiring intense physical activity. Instead of walking, people use automobiles or public transportation. Instead of being physically active, people usually watch TV in their free time.... [tags: Workout Programs Exercising Essays Activity]
589 words (1.7 pages)