Soccer has always been a part of my life since I was four years old, it has also been in my family for a very long time. My father played soccer all his life and also in college, the same thing goes for my sister she also played in college. So soccer is in my blood and because of that reason and because I have been playing since I was four years old it has taught me some very important lessons that will benefit me greatly through the rest of my life.
The first lesson soccer has taught me is always be a team player. If you are not a team player it will be very challenging to get certain assignments done in life, working together as a team on anything will help with that certain assignment and it will allow the assignment to be done faster. It will not always be easy to be a team player, there have been numerous times where I have not got along with a teammate, for one example, my whole high school soccer career a player and myself would always get int...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- First, when people think of teamwork they think of a group of people coming together to get a certain job completed in a particular manner. This could be true, but there is more to it than that if you was to do a survey and ask several people. The survey could reflect many things and show that teamwork is something that makes people, the company, and the clients all work and come together better. In turn, this makes a good team and allows things to be completed correctly and on time. The workers look good, the company looks good, and so does the project that has been completed by the group.... [tags: Teamwork, Team player, Team building, Want]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- Team Sports According to Statics Canada over 55 percent of children under 16 years of age, play team sports. Well the other remaining percentage is either participating in solo sports or not doing any organized physical activity . In my opinion every child under the age of 16 should be apart of team sports for the following reasons; Team sports build character, Team sports teach children many group social skills, and lastly it a way to get children out of the house and being active with others.... [tags: Nonverbal communication, Communication, The A-Team]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- In every aspect of life, teamwork is intertwined with every task at hand. Everyone is dependent on someone in everyday life and within the workplace. A team is a group of individuals, who come together to complete a common goal. In the film, Miracle, men from throughout the United States came together to compete in the 1980’s men’s Olympic hockey team. The team was instantly narrowed down and personal issues arose from the player immediately. To overcome the team’s issues, Coach Herb Brooks has to balance strong leadership and motivational skills to bring the team together.... [tags: Team, Ice hockey, United States, Herb Brooks]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- intro Teamwork plays one of the most important roles to succeed in any industry field. To achieve a goal, team members are required to work with the other members cooperatively. Speaking of food business, especially kitchen environment, it is of great significance. The purpose of this paper is to address the importance of team working and the keys for successful teamwork in the kitchen. A discussion of the kitchen environment and the writer’s actual experiences are presented, followed by the concept of teamwork in the kitchen and several keys to successful teamwork.... [tags: Management, Team, Task]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- There are many ways to interpret the meaning of being part of a team. I’ve been part of a soccer team, I’ve been a cheerleader, and I’ve been in groups for schoolwork. When it comes to being a team member of a business I have not. Being on a team requires listening skills as well as proper communication. They can be a great way to achieve a common goal quicker than it would be to do something on your own. Being a leader requires you to take charge. I myself, am not a leader. I have great listening skills and can listen to what is being said, but have a hard time to really take charge.... [tags: Management, Business, Leadership, Planning]
877 words (2.5 pages)
- How can health care professions make the patient experience better in a hospital. There are numerous answers to this question, and in this area there is always room for improvement. The responsibility falls onto the employees at the hospital, and the biggest way they can tackle this goal is to have efficient teamwork. This is a broad topic itself, so how might it be achieved. The first step in great teamwork is communication. The next step is to have a strong leader that can bring everyone together.... [tags: Team player, Need, Want, Teamwork, Team building]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- How can health care professions make the patient’s experience better in a hospital. There are numerous answers to this question, and in this area there is always room for improvement. The responsibility falls onto the employees at the hospital, and the biggest way they can tackle this goal is to have efficient teamwork. This is a broad topic itself, so how might it be achieved. The first step in great teamwork is communication. The next step is to have a strong leader that can bring everyone together.... [tags: Team player, Need, Want, Teamwork, Team building]
982 words (2.8 pages)
- Gary Player, at the age of seventy-four, is the oldest professional golfer in history (“Gary Player”). Golf is a sport that many people play into the late years of their life. George Blanda was the oldest person to play professional football at 48 years of age (“10 Of...NFL History”). The difference between the oldest golfer and the oldest football player is due in part to the injuries and physicality of football. The physical demands, concepts, and playing fields of football and golf are uniquely different.... [tags: Golf, American football]
956 words (2.7 pages)
- Participating in team sports is important not just for health reasons, but also for your healthy intellects and emotions. Playing sports that is in range of the player’s interest helps relieve stress and maintain their mental health. A team is mostly about unity within the team and with the coach, so no one can be selfish. Therefore playing in team sports develops good characteristics within oneself. Being part of a team sport should help create the opportunity to gain meaningful insight into one's leadership, social and cognitive development.... [tags: Sport]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- Video games are constantly frowned upon and is usually associated with stupidity or immaturity. However, in today’s age, video games have been making big impacts through the advancement of technology and will continue to do so. Rarely, do you hear someone talk about the positives and try to justify the playing of video games. Binge- playing is never healthy but a reasonable amount of time spent playing video games can be quite stimulating for our brains. Video games positively impact the lives of the player(s) because they help/ train players to make quicker and more accurate decisions.... [tags: Human brain, Brain, Video game]
1142 words (3.3 pages)