Because I have just recently graduated high school, I had several expectations before the start of my observations. The Algebra II course was a college-prep lecture; they were at a higher level than a general class. With the title of the course, I expected to see well-behaved, attentive learners, who were interested in mathematics. When the apprentices did become disruptive or talkative, I expecte...
... middle of paper ...
...ool experiences and sitting in on a high school math class, I learned that I am not cut out to be a high school teacher! With technology getting more prevalent in today’s classrooms, students are engaging less and more technology based. I hope that some of the issues of technology will be addressed in order to create a better atmosphere for students and teachers in today’s mathematics classrooms in schools. I am very appreciative of Ms. Stone allowing me to visit and observe her schoolroom during my visits. I recognize that she was more than willing to help me in any way I needed. She was truly a caring teacher and person who was interested in improving the lives and classroom circumstances of her students. I hope that there are many more teachers out there like Ms. Stone who devote so much of themselves to creating a safe and caring environment for their students.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Ever since Junior High School, my interests have been thriven by the idea of public service. I have developed a strong passion for community activities and societal services to help raise awareness for different causes, such as charity walks for AIDs and fundraising for anti-human trafficking organization. When I was in junior year, I enrolled in the International Baccalaureate program that was when I experienced a different world opening up to me. As a member of the program, I was required to fulfill several requirements, including CAS program (formerly, Creative, Service, Action) in order to receive the diploma.... [tags: College, High school, Development, School]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- Teaching high school students requires not only a proper understanding of the content area being taught and the best way to teach and engage students in the learning process, but also involves the implementation and consistent maintenance of a successful classroom management plan. Teachers are both educators and managers and when one of these roles is out of balance it often times places a strain on the area. For example, the best educator is severally limited in his or her ability to teach their content subject with a class that is disorganized and unruly.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, High school]
1339 words (3.8 pages)
- “Children are great imitators. So give them something great to imitate” (“www.verybestquotes.com”). Children see their teachers 5 days out of the week many children look up to their teachers as role models. It is important for teachers to do the best that they can to be a positive influence on their students; children can become influenced by people they are surrounded by. Being able to have job advancements and retirements as a teacher is a very good opportunity because even if one loves being a teacher I’m sure they have their days that they wish they could do other things.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- The halls of Westlake High School are filled with several amazing teachers. Ranging from the enthusiastic English teachers to the down-to-earth Chemistry teachers, this high school has a unique and eccentric staff. Yet out of all the teachers that fill the school grounds only two teachers have earned the title of being my favorites. Those two teachers are my junior year Art History teacher Ms Darrow and my senior year European History teacher Ms Cluck. Both being history teachers, they shined a light on a school subject that many tend to dismiss the importance of.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
1213 words (3.5 pages)
- When I was five years old, going to school seemed like going to a party all day. The majority of the day was filled with coloring pages, snack times, and playful games while lessons of numbers and letters were squeezed in between. Middle school proved to be slightly less enjoyable; the workload had significantly increased and with it added stress. However, the teachers still let us students out for a field day every chance they got. With cheerful memories of school years past and a backpack filled to the brim with supplies, I walked into Holt High School anticipating my last four years of public education as my greatest yet.... [tags: High school, Education, Learning, Teacher]
1216 words (3.5 pages)
- It is Tuesday morning and my math class is soon to start. I quickly dash into the classroom scanning for potential seats towards the back of the room. The teacher starts her lesson and questions are asked to which I know the answer to, but the fear over comes me and all I can do is mouth the answers. It is graduation day and I exhale as I realize my high school years are finally behind me. Many years have past since then, and for some crazy reason I decided to go to college to continue my education.... [tags: High school, Education, Academic term, Teacher]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- After our guest speaker, Kalin Stewart, told us she had little to no help with postsecondary education preparation with her exceptional children’s class from guidance counselors, it worried me. I personally want to become a high school guidance counselor and I do not want to leave any of my students or teachers out on their own. It also saddened me to learn about the struggles my classmate Hannah faced without learning basic life skills in school. Therefore, I wanted to learn what was being done with postsecondary education preparation and how I can improve upon it.... [tags: High school, Education, Higher education, College]
830 words (2.4 pages)
- When the idea of becoming a teacher was planted in my head, I wanted to be a high school teacher. When I was in high school, I began to notice that not every child was having the same experience as I was in relationship to the institution of education. Although I have brown skin, I grew up benefiting from my fathers white privilege. This privilege consisted of attending private schools for all of my life, hiring tutors to support me in classes I struggles with and having the expectation that going to college was the next step after high school.... [tags: Education, High school, Middle school, Pedagogy]
1197 words (3.4 pages)
- High school seniors takes deep breaths and parade onto the stage. The beginning of a new chapter awaits as they make the journey from one point of the stage to the end. They reflect on what they have been taught in those many years of high school. The most terrifying fact while graduating high school is the next step: making it on their own. Because they have taken part in the appropriate classes, the students are certain that they have gained the correct knowledge to begin making their mark on the world.... [tags: High school, Education, Personal finance]
1385 words (4 pages)
- Balance. A word I’ve heard so much once I began high school…balance your schedule, balance your academic and social life, balance time with family and friends , balance your budget…whew. It can be exhausting finding balance. I believe this element of having balance is the key to achieving success academically and personally. Looking at my high school years as a whole, I would say they’ve been successful. I’ve been blessed to have experienced many valuable elements of life, by the ripe old age of 17.... [tags: Leadership, High school, Academia, The Tough]
1145 words (3.3 pages)