Technology is progressing very rapidly, and is hurting today’s society. People are abusing the uses of technology. The Internet, which first begun in the mid-1970s, has made huge impact on our generation today. It has its benefits such as brain cell research and the cure for Cancer. People are abusing its uses. Online shopping, playing games, and social media are just some of the ways people abuse technology. Although technology has done great things for society such as medical research, it also gives society a way to isolate themselves by having access to virtually anything, with the touch of a mouse.
I’ve realized that I have become overly dependent on my IPhone. I use it to wake me up in the mornings. I use it to check all my email accounts. I also use it to check the weather and remind me of events that are coming up. It wasn’t until one day when my phone died during the night that I realized how dependent I was. It felt like my entire days was ruined because a phone died. I was late for my biological science class that had been cancelled due to the weather. It felt weird how a simple piece of technology can make an impact on your life. I didn’t know that the class was cancelled because my phone was dead. The teacher sent out an email stating she wouldn’t make it to class. That’s when I realized that I’m dependent on technology. I counted on my phone waking me up in the morning, and letting me know what the weather that day. I didn’t know that it was suppose to snow that day, and I wasn’t dressed properly for the weather.
Have you ever asked yourself, “How many time did I check Instagram today?” or “How many hours have I wasted on my phone today?” I’ve noticed on average I spend about 3-4 hours a day...
... middle of paper ...
...hack into computers. In the United States it is considered illegal to hack. It violates the right to privacy act. It is considered a felony and jail time can be served. People can hack into anything that uses Internet such as Facebook, credit card statements, live cameras, and cellphones. That’s the biggest downfall of technology is hacking. Most people keep their lives saved to their phones. Whether its credit information, social security information, and even pictures.
In conclusion, technology may be beneficial but can also be very harmful. It is on the up-rise and will continue to expand in the future. The best way is to monitor your activity on computers and smart phones. Always remember don’t take the easy way and Google, but to actually read about your topic. Also to stay active so you wont develop high problems, and never isolate yourself from society.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Chapter 2: Literature Review 2.1 Internet Access in Ghana Information and Communication Technology has become the tool that has integrated and become resourceful in people’s lives ranging from health, politics, social, culture, entertainment and education. However, the Internet has been a valuable medium for knowledge dissemination and opportunities for development and growth. 2.1.1 SHS Students Access to Internet With all these major improvements in technology, it is proposed that students in the 21st century are “Digital Natives” .... [tags: Students, technology, Internet, Computers]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- Preparing the Youth of Tomorrow Through Blended Learning Technology has become an intricate part of day to day life, through computers, smartphones, tablets, and televisions. The world is becoming more and more tech-infused everyday but in education this is not the case. The path to allowing technology in a K-12 classroom has been plagued by state and district rules and regulations that ban the use of any of these tools outside of computer labs, out of a misconception that they are only means for cheating and distractions.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology]
1627 words (4.6 pages)
- Oday Alyatim Case Study: 2 Prof Ferber Lego Builders of Tomorrow The company LEGO has been around since 1949 (Wiki), and has created a dominate market for plastic blocks used by kids of all ages, but has been losing interest in children since then. So LEGO and 360PR had an idea to reestablish themselves as a brand with the youth by encouraging parents to force them on their kids. The campaign was called Builders of tomorrow. After doing research among parents, and how they get info about parenting tips, LEGO implemented their dialogue to parents through a website.... [tags: Mother, Parent, Child, Primary research]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- Teachers of today’s classrooms have been using various ways of technology to teach, help, and aid their students in learning whether it’s by using phones, computers, Internet, etc. How have the advancements of modern technology in the classrooms of today affected the way students think and learn. Technology has been advancing rapidly over the last few decades, and it has been impacting the entire world and even the educational systems. Today’s technology use is changing and affecting the way that students learn in school in a positive manner.... [tags: problem-solving skills, phones, computers]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- Introduction With the rapid growth of new digital media technologies, such as the Internet, the public has more choices and opportunities to communicate with people globally. As Bill Gates proclaimed, “the Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.” Media can determine the tremendous role its play in not only our daily lives but also its profound impact on modern society’s cognitive perception of the world. The initial proposal for this paper is to answer how the Internet transforms Guatemalan society as well as improves Guatemalan women’s right, in particular, indigenous women in rural areas.... [tags: Women's Rights ]
2046 words (5.8 pages)
- Over the course of time there have been millions of inventions if not more. However, few if any, have had more of an impact on the global society than the computer. It is hard to find any part of the civilized world where a computer somewhere does not have an effect on it at some point. Computing impacts how we learn, how we do business, how we receive the news, as well as, how we communicate with other people half way around the world. Computing really became prolific with the advent of the Internet.... [tags: Computer, Computing, Civilization, Server]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- As a teen I use social media on a day-to-day basis. I wake up, check my Instagram and get caught up on what I missed during my slumber. On the way to school it is Snapchat and Kik to connect with those dreading to go to school, and listen to complaints about upcoming tests and quizzes. After school I have a couple laughs on vine then make sure my grades are adequate on Engrade. Before I end my day it is another round of Instagram to see what I missed during the day. On most of these social media sites we are given the ability to communicate with people from all around the world, people who without social media you would have never come to know.... [tags: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube]
1533 words (4.4 pages)
- In today’s world, people are surrounded by computers. Many people spend the majority of their day in front of one. This trend will only increase in the coming years, as electronics are becoming more and more integrated with our lives. On that same note, more electronics are being connected to the Internet. Gone now is the age-old view of the Internet being a place you go in a web browser. Devices are able to talk to each other, whether they’re ten feet away or ten thousand feet away. This brings with it both amazing new possibilities, but also a slew of problems including both ethical dilemmas and security risks.... [tags: Internet]
1588 words (4.5 pages)
- The Impact of Technology on Business The word business, trade, exchange of commodities are all synonyms. In the early age of civilization business was carried out on the basis of Bata trade as currency came into existence and there were business set Ups our perception started to change towards business but more so since the last 50 yrs with the advent of the information technology the world has turned around. With the establishment of the Internet business has got globalize Businesses are now able to approach overseas market they are no more confined to their areas of their establishment.... [tags: Technological Business essays]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- The Impact of the Internet on People The Internet has had a large impact on businesses, countries, and individuals. The Internet first started out as a research tool for Universities and now has become the "information freeway". The Internet has created problems for some companies and has helped other companies. The Internet has caused problems with individuals but has also helped many individuals. The research on sending information from computer to computer began in the 1960s. The United States Department of Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) funded the research project known as ARPA.... [tags: Technology Innovation Internet]
1566 words (4.5 pages)