The study of Harvard Business Review Analytic Services (2010) showed some interesting facts. The research has been implemented by surveying 2,100 companies in 2010. It might be a little old, but its results are much understandable and authentic. It revealed 75% of companies did not have an idea where their customers were talking about. And, approximately 30% of them just have been using social media without measuring its effectiveness. It could look like that companies were struggling how to utilize social media in businesses at that time. However, about 50% of companies have already recognized social media as their significant component of marketing strategy. In the survey, it also disclosed the usage of social media like what types of media companies use. Almost 90% of companies have used social networks while Twitter or other blogs were used by about half of companies. Moreover, it showed about 25% of companies were using two to four of social media as combinations. Overall, the study indicated that social media was not effectively used yet because some boards still could not see how important use of social media is.
In the aspects of marketing, this part discusses more about social media and companies’ communicating to their customers. According to Kotler and Keller (2012), social media for business is that sharing text, pictures, video information between customers and companies. They say that consumers’ using word of mouth talking about any products and services is very powerful, and companies today know that is valuable. Moreover, they mentioned three primary social media services that online communities, blogs and social networks have been used in businesses (Kotler and Keller, 2012). F...
... middle of paper ...
...read or apprehension. In any case, it does not mean that there is a way to avoid using social media. It is obvious that using social media in businesses is not new strategy anymore, but it’s becoming mandatory. Social media is not everything for companies, but not taking this in their businesses gives them less chance of surviving. Therefore, companies may be still seeking the best way to use social media in their businesses. However, it could look like that companies are now using social media because their competitors are using them. At this circumstance, companies can finally take a competitive advantage and facilitate their businesses when they find out optimal usage of social media. In addition, technologies ultimately do not always wait for people, but they need to catch up with those. Overall, there is no doubt that social media makes marketing much efficient.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Social media become a major influencing factor of how we carry on our businesses and the social way life. These are social media websites and social networks which are web based and facilitate private or public avenues for sharing information and opinions. Social media platforms make use of proliferation technology. This technology helps web-based applications to generate rapidly content and exchange them over the internet. As a result, social media has enabled their users to create and generate user content including web applications more quickly.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Cyber-bullying, Bullying]
855 words (2.4 pages)
- Executive Summery Most hoteliers understand to grow revenue by competitive analysis, historical data and current market demand. Now world business structure is reshaping; Revenue and marketing drivers are no more liner, most businesses are affected by impact of social media and customer reviews. Many of us now book the hotel bedroom, holiday or restaurant dinner after reviewing review website like Trip Advisor, Booking.com or Agoda.com. Sharing our views on Facebook, Twitter or Linked In. Showing Visual effects on You Tube or Picasso.... [tags: business, hotels, failure, process]
3412 words (9.7 pages)
- How businesses have used social media to promote their business successfully Social media has been very successful for businesses in the terms of promoting themselves and getting their target markets attention. If businesses don’t have social media it may impact on the product awareness as well as the sales of the business. In this report, I will be describing how businesses have been able to use social media to successfully promote the business and I will be using 4 real business examples to explain this.... [tags: Facebook, Twitter, Marketing, Social media]
1009 words (2.9 pages)
- The Importance of Social Media in the World of Business Through these past years, social media has taken communication to a new level worldwide and, new technology has taken place at the beginning of this century. In this generation, social media has become an important part of people’s daily life around the world. Social media is defined as online websites, and applications that users use to share content on the internet. Some of the popular social media tools, and sites includes: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and many others.... [tags: Social media, Twitter, Facebook, Internet]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- In today 's world, print ads are a dying form of advertising. A new form of marketing is beginning to sweep over consumers: social media. Social media is quickly becoming essential for businesses, leaving print ads and television commercials in the dust. With the rise of importance in social media, companies have been able to adapt and integrate this technology to improve their marketing and advertising. Companies have improved their marketing using social media by reaching more consumers in different ways, reaching their specific target audience more efficiently and maintaining closer relationships with their customers Social media is a phenomenon unlike any other in its ability to grow a... [tags: Advertising, Social media, Marketing, Mass media]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- The world is interconnected with technology that breaks the barriers of oceans and continents. The internet provided a new basis for communication and new ways for people to interact, with social media as the platform for it. Social media has an impact on a global scale, as it allows different continents to communicate with each other in just seconds. It allows people to connect and be social when they are not able to see each other in person. The impact of social media ranges from impacting people medically to economically, from businesses to helping third world cities, and how demographics is affecting who uses it.... [tags: Facebook, MySpace, Social network aggregation]
1963 words (5.6 pages)
- Dictionary.com defines society as “a highly structured system of human organization for large-scale community living that normally furnishes protection, continuity, security, and a national identity for its members” (Dictionary, n.d) I was born and raised in Nigeria which means Nigeria is part of my society. The Nigerian government is democratic in nature. Social media has a lot of advantages. Social media goes beyond connecting people from different parts of the world. It helps disseminate information in a fast manner, it helps people find jobs, it gives businesses competitive advantages over its competitors, it influences political action.... [tags: Social media, Twitter, Nigeria, Protest]
1735 words (5 pages)
- In today’s society, social media has become such a big part of our daily lives, affecting not only our “social” lives, but our works lives as well. Social media in the workplace can be a valuable tool for businesses but it can also cause serious problems on the job. Employers are faced with the need to develop social media policies that allow the company to secure the positive benefits of social media use while minimizing the negative effects. Problems occur when employees abuse the ability to have Internet access for personal use during work hours, post inappropriate things which negatively affects their online presence, or issues can easily arise in the hiring process.... [tags: Employment, Social media, Working time, Facebook]
2133 words (6.1 pages)
- Social media can be a series of different social sites that enable people to interact with one Each other completely through the internet. Social media has taken over the world of today. It has shaped society opinion today about the way they do everything. There is a tendency to associate social networking with Facebook, mainly because it is the biggest and most popular online social media network. But there are much more ways of networking through other than Facebook. Social Media most likely impacts and shapes society’s opinion on the subjects of politics, business, culture and sports.... [tags: Social media, Sociology, Internet]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- With the increasing usage of social media, they have undoubtedly become even more important as a source of qualitative and quantitative information and have become a most vital source of news and people’s opinions on a wide variety of topics. The emergence of social media tools has generated a diversity of textual information containing hidden knowledge for businesses to leverage. In particular, marketers are able to sift through huge amounts of social media data to discover brand popularity and patterns of interest so to achieve a competitive advantage for companies over their competitors .... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Web 2.0, Text mining]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- Nurses And Patient Care And Well Being
- The Writings Of Karl Marx And Frederick Engels, And Henry David Thoreau
- Summary Of ' Waiting For Godot ' By Samuel Beckett
- Analysis Of The Book ' The Adventures Of Huckleberry Finn '
- The Dangers Of Drug Abuse And Child Abuse
- Business Structure Of A Sole Proprietorship