1) See what social media channels your business is already on. Every business, even B2b, should have a Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. These are the most popular social networks and having a presence on these channels is necessary for your business 's reputation. I would recommend having a Google+ account purely for SEO purposes but don 't stress about posting content there consistently. There are a number of other social media networks like Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, etc. that could be beneficial for your business but only start if you can handle the upkeep!
2) Once you have all your presence accounted for, now it is time to evaluate how often your business is posting. Here at Likeable Local, we see that 5-6 posts a week on Facebook, 12 tweets a day and 5 LinkedIn posts a week is the ideal to be top of mind without b...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Zappos, is an online retailer that combines shoes and social media remarkably well. The company is one of the earliest adopter of social media for marketing purposes and it has certainly taken a leadership position. Social media is a core part of Zappos’s business strategy, and they utilize this by using Twitter to collaborate with consumers, employees, vendors and investors. “Scores of blogger, lots of video blogging, and 198 employees on Twitter help keep the company’s profile high and humanize the folks behind the shoe sale” ( (Kirkpatrick, 2008).... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Facebook]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- Social media has revolutionized the restaurant business in the past decade by placing a scrutinized product in the consumers’ hands. Revolution, a word that onsets the idea of immediate change in an organization or industry is the very definition of what Social media has done to this industry. According to research conducted in the recent past and published in an article written by Tim Devaney and Tom Stein: Your Business Needs To Get Social, Local and Mobile--Fast and published through Forbes, over 97% of the consumers in 2013 search for local businesses online.... [tags: Business, Marketing, Consumer, Customer]
712 words (2 pages)
- Nowadays social media has played a significant role in several organisations. Currently, about 80% of business executives have considered using social media for supporting their marketing activities (Choudhury and Harrigan, 2014). With this technological tool, it has facilitated companies to improve their decision making as well as to identify the consumer behaviors. Besides, it also helps to enhance a good relationship with customers and other key stakeholders. This paper attempts to examine how marketers could utilise these technological tools for developing their marketing strategies effectively.... [tags: Marketing, Customer relationship management]
2000 words (5.7 pages)
- Today, social media has a tremendous impact in popular culture, business, and individuals. Social websites are some of the most popular types of media that have revolutionized the way people communicate and socialize on the Web. Truly, social media divides opinions and is a hot topic being constantly debated. It is also a critical tool for humans but a dangerous weapon if used incorrectly. Social media has positive and negatives; however, it is essential for daily life. Some argue that as there is more information flowing into people’s lives, levels of stress have increased more than ever (Marcus).... [tags: Sociology, Social network, Social media, Facebook]
1566 words (4.5 pages)
- Have you ever been confronted by an employer or administrator because they just so happened to come across a post you made on a personal account of yours. A friend of mine almost lost her job because of a situation like this. One day, while she was at work, she posted a tweet saying that she was tired of her job. A couple of days later, she was approached by one of her managers. Her manager acknowledged the tweet and also mentioned that his boss saw it as well. She explained to her manager that it was not her intention to be “insulting”.... [tags: Employment, Job interview, Recruitment]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Brian Dunn the CEO of Best Buy learned a difficult lesson using social media as a communication tool (Robbins, Decenzo, & Coulter, 2013). What started as a great tool to communicate with his employees turned into a disaster. Brian Dunn’s twitter account was hacked by someone logging on as him and sent inappropriate messages to all his connections. These devastating incidents can ruin companies and cause employees to question their leadership. Problems with social media can be as small as a miss spelled word, to a customer posting negative comments about a company for the world to read.... [tags: social media, communication]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- With the advancement in technology, everyone and everywhere is using social media or social networking sites to interact with other people. In this technological world, communication has grown very fast due to this social media. Nowadays, there is no issue of long distance; they can communicate with people across the world. There are so many social networking sites which can be used like Twitter, Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Skype etc., not only to keep in touch with family members or relatives, but for business purposes.... [tags: Twitter, Social media, Social network service]
754 words (2.2 pages)
- Technologies such as the social media, the web, mobile phones and customer relationship management systems and has a significant impact on current marketing. A surge of new technologies exists today to assist marketers in attaining and researching existing and future customers. Newer technologies, such as GPS, DVR's, social media and smart phone applications, are becoming even more important. Developments in technology make it possible for marketers to operate even more efficiently. Because of these developments marketers can reach immense numbers of people.... [tags: social media, business, advertising]
669 words (1.9 pages)
- Executive Summery Most hoteliers understand to grow revenue by competitive analysis, historical data and current market demand. Now world business structure is reshaping; Revenue and marketing drivers are no more liner, most businesses are affected by impact of social media and customer reviews. Many of us now book the hotel bedroom, holiday or restaurant dinner after reviewing review website like Trip Advisor, Booking.com or Agoda.com. Sharing our views on Facebook, Twitter or Linked In. Showing Visual effects on You Tube or Picasso.... [tags: business, hotels, failure, process]
3412 words (9.7 pages)
- In today 's world, print ads are a dying form of advertising. A new form of marketing is beginning to sweep over consumers: social media. Social media is quickly becoming essential for businesses, leaving print ads and television commercials in the dust. With the rise of importance in social media, companies have been able to adapt and integrate this technology to improve their marketing and advertising. Companies have improved their marketing using social media by reaching more consumers in different ways, reaching their specific target audience more efficiently and maintaining closer relationships with their customers Social media is a phenomenon unlike any other in its ability to grow a... [tags: Advertising, Social media, Marketing, Mass media]
1185 words (3.4 pages)