New media has made consumers less passive and has ultimately transformed them into active creators of content on the Internet. Consumers are now a part of a culture where they can participate and interact in every way with new media. Essentially, new media has changed advertising from a top-down business model to an interactive medium that allows consumers to share that same power. Christina Spurgeon’s Advertising and New Media, discusses the relationship between advertising, new media and its consumers. She notes that new media has shifted mass media to “my media” Spurgeon explains that new media is evolving advertising and changing the ways advertising is placed on the internet and that advertisers are struggling to find their place online. She further states, “Advertising and commercial media industries are co-adapting in order to remain relevant to the consumers that are r...
... middle of paper ...
...viously understood the market. The techniques that have previously worked in advertising in the past have shifted due to the rise of new media, and consumers have changed their role in the market. Going forward, advertisers are going to have to become more creative in their ways of advertising and marketing to the consumer. However, new media can ultimately allow brands and advertisers to understand their consumers. Rather than forcing their brand messages online to consumers, advertisers can learn to engage their potential consumers, which can improve their overall experience. Overall, although new media has significantly impacted advertising, it has changed it for the better. Due to new media, consumers have changed advertising to better suit their needs, they are forcing advertisers to focus more on their experiences, which ultimately leads to higher involvement.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- he American auto industry has seen many changes since its first car was built. From steam powered vehicles to electrical automobiles, the industry has literally paved the way for some of the most innovative ideas the world has ever seen. However, to remain in the forefront, the industry has had many obstacles stand in its way. Global competition in the industry There are many trends that can affect the US automobile industry. Today, the biggest impact globally for US automakers comes from East Asia, China specifically.... [tags: Automotive industry, Automobile]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- Stop for a while; look at who are the people in the media industry that inspire you the most. Now look through you Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. Who are those men and women you tag as your crush of the week. Are these celebrity pictures really how they look on a daily basic. Media has changed throughout the years and the technology used to edit pictures is sometimes taken to the extremes. With HD screens to camera lens that offer higher resolution; it’s easier to see the common pimples to the blemishes on people on TV screens.... [tags: media industry, twitter, facebook]
1546 words (4.4 pages)
- A large stage with a large sound reinforcement system and liberally seasoned with lighting, thick music filling the air; this is the setting for many popular concerts. Paris, 24th November 2014, the stage is set. With the audience plunged into darkness, the only light is from the flashing of glow sticks, the crowd start to chant and then the show begins. The lighting erupts into life along with the music and dancers take centre stage. A voice then announces the entrance of Lady Gaga and, rising from a platform underneath the stage, she greets the crowd and starts performing her first song.... [tags: Record label, Music industry, Business manager]
1442 words (4.1 pages)
- In today 's world, print ads are a dying form of advertising. A new form of marketing is beginning to sweep over consumers: social media. Social media is quickly becoming essential for businesses, leaving print ads and television commercials in the dust. With the rise of importance in social media, companies have been able to adapt and integrate this technology to improve their marketing and advertising. Companies have improved their marketing using social media by reaching more consumers in different ways, reaching their specific target audience more efficiently and maintaining closer relationships with their customers Social media is a phenomenon unlike any other in its ability to grow a... [tags: Advertising, Social media, Marketing, Mass media]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- The world today is certifying an attention to the media and its mission, as we all experience the development of its means and the diversity of its methods, until it leads to the appearance of new channels of communication that knows no boundaries or barriers, so the appearance of cable TV, Internet, and satellite communications turned the world into what looks like a small village and enabled anyone to know what 's going on thousands of miles away from him as he sat in his closed room in front of the TV or computer screen.... [tags: Communication, Public relations, Media]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- The world of advertisement and media industry is the epicenter of our cultural life, it is the place where ideals of beauty and success are being born. It has a tremendous impact on how the women are represented worldwide and how they view themselves, especially when our socio-cultural standards constantly draw fine line between what is acceptable and what is not. Philosophical interpretation of the Plato’s “Allegory of Cave” can be applied to many real-life issues, thus it can also be used to explain and understand the problem of sexual objectification and degradation of women in the society.... [tags: Advertising, Mass media, Violence against women]
1373 words (3.9 pages)
- In the hospitality industry, there are several environmental factors that impact hotels. This paper identifies and discusses the three most relevant environmental factors that have an impact on the Accor Hotel Chains in Australia. Additionally, there will be an explanation as to why marketers study buyer behavior. Lastly, when selecting a restaurant to celebrate a special occasion, there are several characteristics that will have an impact on my decision. The Accor Hotel Chains is a group of several chains of hotels spread across the whole of Australia.... [tags: Hotel chains, Hotel, Hospitality industry]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- Elliott (2014) discusses the changes in trade from a production orientation in the early 1900’s to the more modern 2000’s societal market orientation. This has meant changes in the way organisations manage as they have had to increasingly cater to societies needs, and while these views change so do their outlook on what drives organisation success. (Simon et al. 2011) report on five surveys conducted in fields of advertisement, IT consultancy, law firms, management consulting and the ASX top 500 shows what managers now consider, makes a successful business.... [tags: Mercedes-Benz, Automotive industry]
726 words (2.1 pages)
- 1) The primary role of media delivering the news to the public is to gather and report news that is true, fair, honest, accurate, non-biased and non-critical. The news keeps us informed about what is going on in and around the world, investigating stories and delivering information to a large and diverse audience. The media channels news through television, radio, newspapers, internet, and other products that reach people, groups, and societies. Not only does the news play an investigative role or cover entertainment, but spends time in sustaining democracy, by covering stories in volatile countries so that readers stay informed of current situations.... [tags: Media]
1576 words (4.5 pages)
- Impact of the Media in America Imagine that you have a younger brother who has an obsession for video games. At the same time, you have a sister who is very fond of a particular music group. Your brother buys a video game, which has a massive amount of violence in it, and plays non-stop. Now imagine a week later after the day he purchased the game. He finds a gun located in your family's storage, takes it to school, takes aim at a fellow student (Like in the game, except not against students) and fires.... [tags: Media Argumentative Persuasive Argument]
1152 words (3.3 pages)
- The Importance Of Bioethics And Morality For The Protection And Privacy Of An Individual
- All The Light We Can Not See
- Equality Of Rights Under The Law Shall Not Be Denied Or Abridged By The United States
- My Top Leadership Strengths And How I Use Them On A Daily Basis
- Globalization And Its Effect On Society
- Sociological Imagination And Its Relevance