In this era of technology social websites are new means by which organizations communicate their brands with their customers. In order to increase the awareness of the products, companies need social media because it is easy and inexpensive way off marketing. As the peoples spend more time on social media they perceive it as a mentor for purchasing because through social media they can share information with each other.
The social media now a day has great impact on marketing communication. The growing importance of applications like Facebook, YouTube and others in consumers’ lives has an increasing influence on their communication habits. With consumers spending more and more time in the social media realm, an increasing share of communication occurs within these new social network environments. (Kozinets et al., 2008, Merz et al., 2009)
A random survey of 399 European and U.S firms showed that 88.2% of firms had started the initiative of social media, and almost 44.2% of these firms have fully integrated social media in their business policies (Barwise, 2010).
Related research demonstrates that consumers are spending 25% of their Internet time on social networking sites, up from15% in 2009 (Nielsen 2010). According to Experian Marketing Services in 2013, 27 percent of time spent online was on social networking. Which shows that people spend most of their online time on social media and its increasing every year. In 2014 smart phones trend is high which also has made easy to connect with social sites. Now Social media usage is not just business-to consumer (B2C), it is also extended to business-to-business (B2B) community. More than 93% B2B marketers use social media to interact with their customers (Holden-Bache 20...
... middle of paper ...
...s captured with three items measuring the acceptance of shared content while purchase intention was captured by three items adopted from (Wells et al., 2011).
The researcher asked respondents to take an online survey questionnaire to measure their purchase intention and their attitude toward the Outfitters brand. The researcher design the questionnaire on Google docs and the URL of that questionnaire is then posted by the researchers on different social media sites including Facebook, twitter, Linkdin, badoo etc. The respondent just simply click that URL of the questionnaire that needs to be filled .The respondent then fill the questioners which on the back end is collected by the researcher in form of (excel sheet, bar graphs and Pie charts). Participation was voluntary by the participants and there was no monetary compensation given by the researchers.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Marketers primarily utilize advertising as the primary method of communicating with their customers. Billboards are one example where drivers pass by and look at an advertisement and therefore suddenly thinking about that business and product. This has evolved to businesses utilizing subway walls to play animated advertisements to bored subway riders. The ability for businesses to successfully connect to their customers has been e3asier as communication technology has advanced to smartphones and social media.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Communication]
1051 words (3 pages)
- ... If one researches tips and steps on how to efficiently make decions, while utilizing your budget in the most productive ways, millions of searches generate online. Some of the tips that I though were excellent were: Cost per Response, Allocation of Unknown Response Sources, Summarize Results in a Matrix, Parameters for Decisions, and Don 't Forget Test Budgets. Cost per Response is when, “An important metric for most direct marketers is the marketing cost per response (per lead, inquiry, sale—whatever your situation).... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Social media marketing]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- Social media marketing is a communication strategy that increases your business’s online presence and helps draw traffic to your website. Social media has became more than just a buzzword. It’s an ideal marketing tool, especially if your priority is to gain new customers, as well as if your marketing budget is small or your product ties strongly to technology. The Internet is a virtual playground of customers. Create profiles on networks that likely appeal to your customer base. People who fit your average customer profile likely spend at least part of their day on a minimum of one social network, like Facebook or Twitter.... [tags: Social media, Facebook, Twitter]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- Abstract This paper examines how the increasing use of internet has changed the marketing industry globally. We can see in the present trend how marketing through the internet has created a great impact on attracting the consumers in many aspects. Marketing through e-commerce have overcome the complexities that are faced in traditional marketing tools. The main focus of this study is to assess the impact of growth of the number of Internet users on the marketing industry and the findings of the study could be helpful for marketers, advertisers, PR professionals and many more people in the marketing industry.... [tags: Marketing]
3254 words (9.3 pages)
- ... Levitt, Businessdictionary). Businesses are constantly on the look to find the newest ways of promoting their products to current and future consumers. Not only that, they want to form relationships with their customers. In the past 8 years social media has blown up. It used to be where no one had a Facebook, Twitter, or even an Instagram, but now you are the odd one out if you do not have one of these social media sites. There are about 131 million U.S. Facebook users between the ages of 18 and 64, and more than 500 million world-wide (Griffith, T.... [tags: Small business, Business, Social media, Marketing]
961 words (2.7 pages)
- Critical Enquiry in Media and Communication – Research Topic How the use of social media has impacted producers/actors in marketing their movies to the audience. Social media marketing has become a very important tool in introducing a new act, concept or event to new audience and also in engaging the existing ones. It has also been very useful for targeting audiences for the more niche screenings and events. Social media has always been a medium for marketers to reach the masses and has been a very economical platform for marketing.... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Cinema of India, Film]
1634 words (4.7 pages)
- Technology is everywhere. From the first pot of coffee to setting our alarm clocks for the next day, it permeates every moment of our waking lives and, in many cases, becomes a deeply personal part of our day. Social media has only deepened this link into our personal space, and this fact of modern day life has not been lost on marketing experts. As such, they increasingly target social media to communicate their offerings to the public. As different as this frontier is from the traditional avenues of print, television, and radio, some believe that a different message will work better in social media than in other marketing communication channels.... [tags: marketing/business strategies/tools]
1647 words (4.7 pages)
- ... The identical questioning is contemplated in relationship advertising, which treats consumers as a partner inside the marketing system and advocates a greater intimate approach to advertising and marketing (Vargo and Lusch, 2004). This suggests that, for marketing to be sincerely effective to modern greater wary and traumatic purchasers, it needs to place clients back into the equation and empower them while getting the message across. This problem is in particular important to on-line advertising, as its miles considered the maximum interactive form of advertising and has the ability of main the advertising industry closer to the right route.... [tags: Marketing, Internet marketing]
1477 words (4.2 pages)
- A Use of Social Media in Businesses The study of Harvard Business Review Analytic Services (2010) showed some interesting facts. The research has been implemented by surveying 2,100 companies in 2010. It might be a little old, but its results are much understandable and authentic. It revealed 75% of companies did not have an idea where their customers were talking about. And, approximately 30% of them just have been using social media without measuring its effectiveness. It could look like that companies were struggling how to utilize social media in businesses at that time.... [tags: Marketing, Sociology, Social media]
1517 words (4.3 pages)
- Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) is a communications process that entails the planning, creation, integration and implementation of diverse forms of marketing communications (advertisements, sales promotions, publicity releases, events, etc) that are delivered over time to a brands targeted customers and prospects. The goal of IMC is ultimately to influence or directly affect the behaviour of the targeted audience. IMC considers all sources of contact that a customer / prospect has with the brand as potential delivery channels for messages and makes use of all communications methods that are relevant to customers /prospects and to which they might be receptive.... [tags: Business Marketing Essays]
2298 words (6.6 pages)