Staring with the positive side effects to gaming starts with the user is able to develop on the hand-eye co-ordination in different sectors. For example, it is proven that surgeons who have played games have become more advanced in hand-eye co-ordination because they have trained the hand-eye co-ordination over a long period of time while gaming in leisure time. Also, if the user plays sport related game they are automatically trained to use the hand-eye co-ordination to complete different stages. For example, the user may own a Wii console and when playing bowling or tennis it isn’t recognised but they are consequentially trained to use hand-eye co-ordination. The higher the stimulation of the game will improve the hand-eye stimulus of the user. The use of hand-eye sensory allows the user to take the actions from the computer game to real life machinery, for example. This is the main benefit of increased the hand-eye co-ordination to control high tech machines without endangering of a trainee. Also, gaming allows the user to track and see the improvement of different games they play.
Another factor of positivity of gaming is how they train the brain is different ways, depending on the game...
... middle of paper ...
...more infused by the game farther than the reality of life. Gaming is used for the leisure of the user and not to take over the reality of life.
Another factor is education linked with gaming and this can be a positive effect. However, it can affect the development of a child through education overall. The time which is spent playing games effects the time which can be spent researching for didn’t subject within education which becomes a problem for children. There are definitely educational benefits to gaming to activate the brain and think about the different strategies but it can take its toll and have the negative point to the user and society overall. However, it is proven that selection of students who are addicted to gaming will choose to play games and lose concentration with lessons within educational time, this also has an impact on other students as well.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Gaming today is a broadly perceived some portion of our social scene. Gaming itself is as old as history. Relics from old Sumeria and Egypt have demonstrated that our precursors delighted in playing board games thousands of years ago. But electronic amusements required the development of electronic PCs. The earliest computers were slow also they were so huge that would took over entire room and had less power than a modern pocket calculator. Still, early software engineers on these machines felt constrained to waste time by making these PCs do things like playing tic-tac-toe.... [tags: Video game, Video game genres]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- This essay will explore the advantageous and disadvantageous aspects of computer games for children, teenagers and adult and argue for its positive and negative health and social implications of this trend. Computer games are becoming increasingly more and more popular, and, in some situations, essential in our society. First, computer games provide a wide range of educational activities and encourage different aspect of imagination, learning, exploration and creativity. The use of computer games has been around for several years, and it is well documented through disease, disabilities, learning skills and entertainment.... [tags: Computer Games]
876 words (2.5 pages)
- Computer Games Personal computer games refer to the video games which are played on personal computers rather than on arcade machines or video game consoles. The most defining features of these games include a higher degree of user control over the gaming software and hardware and an absence of central controlling ability. Another defining characteristic of the computer games is the increased capacity for input to the pc, processing and consequently the output. People playing computer games are able to interact with objects displayed on the computer screen for the purpose of entertainment.... [tags: Video game, Personal computer game]
1232 words (3.5 pages)
- Video Games Effect On Society The U.S. population consumes violence media voraciously. Youths between the ages of 8 and 18 spend more than 40 hours per week using some type of media, not counting school or homework assignments (Rideout et al.). Television is the most common source of violent media, but electronic video games are rapidly growing in popularity. Numerous studies have shown that video games, especially ones with violent content, make teens more aggressive. Part of the increase in aggressive behavior is linked to the amount of time children are allowed to play video games.... [tags: video games, teens, entertaintment]
1495 words (4.3 pages)
- The relationship between violent computer games and aggression has been put into heated discussions in recent years. Scholars suggest that vicious electronic games can have a negative influence on teenagers (Sageng, Fossheim & Larsen, 2012). These visual entertainments may lead to gun violence and associated with other crimes such as robberies and murders. Researchers who disagree with this statement explain the irrelevance of video games leading to belligerent action. For example, academics like Jayakanthan (2002) counter-argue that computer games have a positive impact on motivating the learners.... [tags: violence, behavior, video games, aggressiveness]
1157 words (3.3 pages)
- When I was in middle school, I had totally no idea of what Computer Science is, but I was pretty proficient in using computers at that age. The only thing that I knew about Computer Science is that one of my aunts is in that field and that’s all, nor of my parents are in that major. Not until in High School that I got the sense of what programming is like. I was taught basic simple codings and I really enjoyed it and thought that the class was actually quite fun. But the class didn’t give me any sense of the important real-world applications of Computer Science.... [tags: Computer science, Computer, Computer graphics]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- This study aim at determining the relationship between the positive impacts of ICT and the negative impacts of ICT on society. The greatest possible effect of ICT on individuals is the huge increases in as information and services that has accompanied the growth of the internet. In this topic the impact of ICT on society is mainly focused on how to use the way of computers. The usages of computers must be helpful and it reduces the man power etc, rather than misusage of internet and time wasting work with computers like entertainments, games etc.... [tags: Personal computer, Computer, Computer graphics]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- From the Discus to World of Warcraft all games have value, they have been played for thousands of years, and with the advent of digital media, have become ever more prevalent in our society. Much like what was once thought of movies, games are often dismissed as a form of artistic expression. Lacking this widespread acceptance, the study of games and their effects on our lives is somewhat lacking. Games provide incredible possibilities for artistic expression, and contain the potential to expand our academic understanding.... [tags: Games, Discus, Worls of Warcraft, History]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- Impact of Computers on Society Ever since the dawn of civilization, knowledge has been power. If you knew how to count, you could understand more than others. This still applies today. If you know more than another, you will have more power. Computers in the modern world are the main source of knowledge. From a simple calculator to the most powerful supercomputer, computers give man an edge over his/her rivals. Technology is all about being one step ahead of others. Being able to do advanced math before your opponents allows you to gain a strategic advantage in corporate competition or global politics.... [tags: Technology Society]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- Video Games BANG. You fire another round into the horde of zombies’ lurching toward you, and reach for another clip. Then you realize that you’re out of ammo, and there’s still loads of rotting corpses walking right at you. You take out your handy combat knife and prepare for a fight. Of course, you’re not actually being attacked by zombies; you’re playing a video game. Video games are the world’s fastest growing industry, with a net worth of more than 30 billion dollars (“zdnet.com”). They are played by millions worldwide and have become a large part of contemporary society’s culture.... [tags: Games Gaming]
925 words (2.6 pages)