When you think of iconic, must have tools that you will find in every garage, what do you usually think of? Most people will probably say cordless drills, circular saws, hammers, etc., tools like that. What people most people probably would not name, are impact drivers. Although they are not a well-known tool, at least when compared with cordless drills and saws, they are a very useful tool to have around. Impact drivers are small, cordless drill like tools, that are used to either loosen screws and nuts that are unable to be taken out by a traditional screwdriver; on the other hand, they are also used to tighten screws and nuts that need to be tightened with more torque than can be provided by a screwdriver. They can be used on a wide array of jobs; everything from building decks to tightening some screws around the house can be made easier by having an impact driver. They were once considered specialty tools, only used by serious contractors and professional carpenters; but with the rising popularity of DIY (do it yourself) home repair, it has become more common to keep an impact driver around the house. If you are deciding to get an impact driver, either for yourself or as a present for someone else, but do not know where to start, do not worry, because I am here to help. I have written this guide to inform people about what to look for when buying an impact driver. If you have any concerns about impact drivers, this guide will help you.
How do they work?
Impact drivers essentially work by combining high torque with high impact tapping. If you have no idea what that means, picture it this way. Imagine if while turning a screw, you started tapping it with a hammer; the screw would go in faster. Th...
... middle of paper ...
...tiple batteries. There is nothing more frustrating than being in the middle of a job, and having your battery die.
Size, weight, and comfort
When buying an impact driver carefully evaluate how it feels in your hand, how much it weighs, and how much space it takes up. You will likely be holding an impact driver for long periods of time, so make sure it is comfortable to use.
Power and speed
So, obviously you will want a powerful impact driver. Power and speed are measured by looking at the torque, voltage, and RPMs of an impact driver. Higher voltage, higher torque, and higher RPMs mean more power and speed. Consider what you need the tool to do. If you are going to be working on a lot of screws in quick succession, go for an impact driver with a high RPM count. Do you need power? Well, then look for an impact driver with lots of torque and a high voltage battery.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The complete guide to lease extensions What is a lease. A lease is contractual agreement between two parties with regards to an item of property. They are most commonly used for property in the United Kingdom (UK) under the term residential lease. If you are currently living in a non-freehold or non-rental flat odds are you signed one prior to moving in. The time period on a residential lease usually falls somewhere between 99 and 125 years, which in general seems like a long time. However, if it is allowed to run-out with a notice of extension being served then all interest in the flat reverts back to the freeholder.... [tags: contact, property, freeholder]
1601 words (4.6 pages)
- Being unable to see is a challenging experience. Living life as a blind person can bring frustration and aggravation because they may not always know where they are going or what is going on around them. Often blind people desire to be independent, but lack the ability to live and travel on their own. Fortunately, there is a solution to this dilemma, without the help of another person. For blind people, having a specially trained dog to support them in their complicated day to day lives is a great option.... [tags: Impact on the Blind]
1682 words (4.8 pages)
- People who have participated in racing for the past century, have never been universally accepted as athletes. The drivers, especially those in the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing (NASCAR) prove this misconception as incorrect with their intense training and stellar performances. Drivers on social media, assert that they are athletes, contradicting other sports stars who insist that they are not. The drivers in NASCAR and all forms of racing deserve to be given the respect of their fellow athletes in other sports.... [tags: auto racing, drivers, elliot sadler]
1880 words (5.4 pages)
- Drivers with Attitude In today’s society, driving is one of the greatest privileges a person can have. This privilege has revolutionized the world with a faster form of transportation. Nevertheless, some people in the world are going to find a way to abuse this privilege. Some drivers transfer their personality into the way they drive. Most drivers can be categorized according to their driving personality: road-rage drivers, overly-cautious drivers, and lawful drivers. Road-rage drivers channel their anger and other negative emotions into the way they drive.... [tags: Automobile, Driving, Driver's license, Traffic]
701 words (2 pages)
- As the United States transitioned from the self-sustaining, rural way of life known by all humans since the beginning of sapien time to a more metropolitan oriented existence, the phenomenon of the “daily commute” came into play. Since walking was no longer reasonable, and animals, faster they may be, were unruly and archaic, people’s renowned knack for innovation swerved in a mechanical direction, eventually presenting the car. The automobile, pouring black smoke and containing a myriad of innately stressful flaws, was the exact piece needed in the puzzle of industrialism.... [tags: driving skills, automobile, drivers]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- A Complete Guide to Using Real Estate Virtual Assistants Meta Description: If you find yourself struggling to set aside time for the really important work, consider hiring a virtual assistant to help you with the everyday tasks of managing your real estate business. Meta Key Words: Real estate business, Virtual assistant real estate, Real estate virtual assistants, Real estate assistants Using Real Estate Virtual Assistants Can Help in So Many Ways Sure, you can go it alone. You’ll probably get everything done.... [tags: Management, Need, Want, Marketing]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- Brian Solis the author of Engage: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web once said “Social media spark a revelation that we, the people, have a voice, and through the democratization of content and ideas we can once again unite around common passions, inspire movements, and ignite change” (INSERT CITATION). According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary the term social media can be defined as “forms of electronic communications (as Web sites for social networking and microblogging) through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content (as videos)” (2015).... [tags: Web 2.0, Social media, Social network service]
915 words (2.6 pages)
- Wait, are you telling me that Dave Barry's Complete Guide to Guys addresses women's issues. If "women's issues" include understanding why guys spit, scratch themselves, and give each other noogies, well then this book certainly addresses them. As for addressing the whole bit about a patriarchal world history, the subjugation of women, and accused responsibility for the Fall of Man, well, you might as well forget it. Dave Barry might not make you feel better about the stature of women in today's world or the future of the human species, but hopefully you can say this: you're not a guy.... [tags: essays research papers]
1383 words (4 pages)
- Student Survival Guide When starting a new course: The first resource I need to use is the course syllabus. The syllabus includes the course overview, and then the week by week assignments. Within in the weekly assignments are your materials needed for the week, and are usually in a word or pdf document. If you don't have the programs to read the downloads; you can download the programs to read the document's on you student web sight. My instructors contact information is also a valuable resource with in my course syllabus.... [tags: How To Guide]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Drivers Trying to sort out what type of driver a person might be is an extremely challenging task. In a person’s own mind, they think they are the aggressive type of driver, or the cautious type, but no one will ever admit that they are the “I got my license in a cracker jacks box driver';. The only fact that is certain about a person is they are never always aggressive or cautious while they drive. A person’s driving type varies from time, place, and, the most important reason, their attitudes affect one’s driving style.... [tags: essays research papers]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- Business Administration With A Concentration On Marketing
- The At The Swinburne Design Factory ( Team Vespa )
- Partnership : A General Partnership
- Review Of The Literature On Limiting Economic And Technological Progress On Developing Countries
- Disney Studios : Disney And Disney
- Students With Disabilities And New Learning Methods