In terms of a progress, from uncivilized era of Stone Age to a civilized world of 21st Century, human mind has played a vital role in the society over the centuries. Human’s mind have gathered an ocean of knowledge, and created lot of device to make the world a better and comfortable place for the entire human race. There have been tremendous efforts and thoughts are invested to invent and create new products to leisure everyday life. Products such as automobiles, farming equipment, appliances and many electronic products have made life much easier since last century. However, the technology has made significant difference in life style in last 2-3 decade. Small typewriters or timing punch card that were common in 1970s are non-existent today. Any doctor or management offices hardly uses stack of files to keep track of records. Most of the credit goes to a man who envisioned, “A computer in every home.” His vision turned the electronics industry around. Microsoft not only built computers but the company built a way of life.
Two Harvard college students, Bill Gates and Paul Allen in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 1975, invented Microsoft. They both started a company that would build a programming language. The company was established by two geniuses who wrote an interpreter for another company. Microsoft was given its name by Allen. It’s made up of two names, Microcomputer and Software. The company moved to Washington State to accommodate the work since it was getting harder to find qualified employees. The main product of Microsoft was language called BASIC.
In June 1980, IBM and Microsoft joined together for a project called “Chess”. At this time, the company’s focus is shifted to build a system that can work with...
... middle of paper ...
...diaries are also located word wide.
Section 7: Conclusion
Technology changes rapidly everyday and the computer industry is a tough frontrunner in technology. There is so much competition going on out there in world, and to compete with everyone you must step ahead from others. Microsoft have demonstrated that how dedicated they are in evolving computer program by always being one step ahead from others. Microsoft’s greatest power is to build the superlative computer software than others. Today, Microsoft is one of the most successful companies not in United States but in the world. The success of the company can be described in one of the quotes of Bill Gates, “I think it's fair to say that personal computers have become the most empowering tool we've ever created. They're tools of communication, they're tools of creativity, and they can be shaped by their user.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The History of Microsoft Historians categorize blocks of time with the discovery of certain raw materials that humans utilized. The Bronze Age and the Iron Age were two periods in human history that proved through the discovery of artifacts that humans learned to harness these raw materials ingeniously. The Industrial Revolution of the late nineteenth century brought the discoveries of the Bronze and Iron Ages to new heights, and the advent of the locomotive, automobiles, cargo ships and airplanes were the most evident by-products of such raw materials.... [tags: Microsoft Computer Software Technology Essays]
4571 words (13.1 pages)
- The Face of Microsoft How you ever thought about the people who are the face of the company. Why are they the face of the company. What did they do to get this kind of image. Most of the time, a person who founded the company is the face of the company. What if there is more than one cofounder of the company. Then who is the face of the company. There cannot be multiple faces of the company. For example, Microsoft is one these companies that has more than one cofounder of the company. Nevertheless, Bill Gates is the face of the company, not Paul Allen.... [tags: Bill Gates, Microsoft]
1543 words (4.4 pages)
- Since the early 1980’s, Microsoft Corporation has been a global leader in software technology . Founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen , Microsoft’s history with computing and software is quite lengthy as is accomplished. According to their company website, Gates and Allen began small, but went on with the express goal to famously ensure that there was “a computer on every desktop and in every home. ” In subsequent years, Microsoft positioned its brand as an innovative leader in software, and begins to proceed to change the way we work.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft, Microsoft Windows]
1569 words (4.5 pages)
- In the Beginning Microsoft is a multinational corporation founded in Albuquerque, New Mexico and was headquartered in Redmond, Washington in the year of 1975 by Bill Gates and Paul Allen. Microsoft is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential. The most famous products from Microsoft are the windows line of operating systems: Microsoft office and Internet Explorer browser. Microsoft is considered the world’s largest software maker also one of the most valuable companies.... [tags: Microsoft, Operating system, Microsoft Windows]
1669 words (4.8 pages)
- Privacy Issues with Microsoft Windows 10 Windows 10 is a computer operating system that was made and introduced by the Microsoft Corporation (McGrath & Price, 2016). Windows 10 is one of the Windows NT operating systems. The operating software was introduced to the globe on September 2014. The release of the software to the users later followed on July 2015. The Microsoft Corporation made sure that the software was released for free to the various users of candid copies of Windows 7 and 8.1. Upon release, the software received global praise for the various embedded applications that were more efficient when compared to the old versions.... [tags: Operating system, Microsoft, Microsoft Windows]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- History of Microsoft My research paper is going to be on whether or not Microsoft should be broken up by the Justice Department. In order to understand what is going on in the trial, you need to know the history of Microsoft. Without knowing the history of Microsoft, there would be no way of forming an accurate opinion of whether Microsoft should be broken up or not. Microsoft first came into existence in 1975 and was founded by William H. Gates III(Bill Gates) and Paul Allen. The first product that they produced was the first version of the BASIC programming language for the Altair, which was the first personal computer.... [tags: essays research papers]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- History of Microsoft Microsoft Corporation, leading American computer software company. Microsoft develops and sells a wide variety of computer software products in more than fifty countries. Microsoft's Windows operating systems for personal computers are the most widely use operating systems in the world. Microsoft had revenues of $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ending June 1998, and employs more than 27,000 people in 60 countries. Microsoft has it's headquaters in Redmond Washington.... [tags: Papers]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- A computer file system described most simply is a process for organizing and storing computer data files. The file system, at the very least, must ensure that files are stored safely and are readily available for retrieval. At a minimum a file system must allow the operating system to write new files of data to the storage disk while at the same time protecting files previously stored, ensuring they do not get over written. And finally, a file system must make the stored files easy to find and quick to retrieve.... [tags: Software Microsoft ]
1352 words (3.9 pages)
- Microsoft Microsoft continues its domination of the system software market thanks to the launch of Vista OS. But the rest are girding up as well Shashwat DC The Giant from Redmond might be under some pressure across the advanced markets due to a variety of reasons ranging from anti-trust to free software; nonetheless it continues to rule the Indian software market. Though there was a single percent drop in Microsofts market share, much like last year, it continues to command more than double of all Linux strains put together.... [tags: Software Microsoft Market Leader]
1351 words (3.9 pages)
- Wednesday, many government sources confirmed that Justice Department lawyers have proposed splitting Microsoft Corp. as a remedy for the company's allegedly anti-competitive behavior. The proposal was discussed over the weekend at a secret meeting of officials from the U.S. government and 19 states that have sued Microsoft. The position of the Federal government and the states was presented to Federal Mediator Richard Posner last Monday, which was the filing deadline. Posner has been meeting in Chicago with state and federal prosecutors every Monday and with the company each Tuesday.... [tags: essays research papers]
540 words (1.5 pages)