Whenever I rest my chin on my hand and ponder, I can be anything. I can be Hermione Granger, fighting against Voldemort and saving my friend from evil. I can do anything with a magic wand and fly into the sky. I can drink potions to do anything I want. Such is the power of imagination; a process of thinking which provides us with anything we wish to have. And thus, imagination is a valuable asset indeed, even more valuable than my knowledge.
First of all, Knowledge is made from imagination. Without the process if imagination, knowledge cannot exist. For centuries, scholars have devoted their lives to discover certain facts. Some economists such as Adam Smith have devoted tremendous amount of time to establish a theory 'invisible hand', and Thomas Edison, a well-known scientist have suffered through tremendous times of failure and invented a light bulb. Thanks to these people, we now can know the basic principles of economics to make market a better place for people who are involved in trade in market place and a...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Human resource is the most valuable and unique asset of an organization. The successful management of an organization’s human resource is an exciting, dynamic and challenging task , especially at a time when the world has become a global village and economies are in a state of flux. The lack of talented resource and the growing expectation of the modern day employee has further increased the difficulty of the human resource function. Human Resource Management (HRM) can be defined as “the set of programs, functions, and activities designed and performed in order to capitalize on both employee as well as organizational effectiveness.... [tags: Human resource management, Human resources]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- Advocates contend that vaccination is not hurtful and one of the ultimate health enhancements of the 20th century. They point out that sicknesses, embracing rubella, diphtheria, smallpox, polio, and whooping cough, are current day stopped by vaccination and billions of kids’ lives are protected. The contend antagonistic responses to vaccines are massively rare. Contenders oppose that children’s immune systems can deal with utmost infections naturally, and that injecting disputed vaccine constituents into a child can cause distinctive effects, as well as seizures, paralysis, and death.... [tags: Vaccine, Immune system, Vaccination, Smallpox]
967 words (2.8 pages)
- Big Data is a concept that has existed for a while, but only gained proper attention a couple of years ago. It can be described as extremely large data sets that have grown so big that becomes almost impossible to manage and analyze them with traditional data processing tools. Big Data can be used by enterprises in by building new applications, improving the effectiveness, lowering the costs of their applications, helping with competitive advantage, and increasing customer loyalty. It can also be used in other industries to enable a better system and better decision-making.... [tags: Data, Data analysis, Data mining]
1414 words (4 pages)
- Uses and Iimitations of the CAPM Introduction Graham and Harvey surveyed the CFOs of 392 U.S. firms and found that when estimating the capital of assets,73.5% of respondents use the CAPM.( Graham, J. R., and C. R. Harvey,2001) It is a model which uses simple formula to evaluate asset pricing and investor behavior. This model is absolutely the method with most investors used, but many financial experts raise an objection to the veracity of this method in the recent years. Later in the main body of the essay will discuss these questions.... [tags: Capital asset pricing model, Investment]
1361 words (3.9 pages)
- According to Investopedia (Asset Allocation Definition, 2013), asset allocation is an investment strategy that aims to balance risk and reward by distributing a portfolio’s assets according to an individual’s goals, risk tolerance and investment horizon. There are three main asset classes: equities, fixed-income, cash and cash equivalents; but they all have different levels of risk and return. A prudent investor should be careful in allocating each asset class to his portfolio. Proper asset allocation is a highly debatable subject and is not designed equally for everybody, but is rather based on the desires and needs of the individual investor.... [tags: Asset Allocation Essays]
1614 words (4.6 pages)
- Introduction “According to Forrester Research, American workers spend $404 billion annually, or 11% of all U.S. wages, looking for the information they need to do their jobs. Giving employees the right tools to stay afloat in a data and knowledge-driven workplace is imperative across the board.” With the world of digital data growing exponentially year on year, the above quote could just represent a mere drop in the ocean when accounting for the time workers spend looking for information.... [tags: Digital Asset Management]
2896 words (8.3 pages)
- ... At the beginning of act one, Pegeen Mike expresses her lonesome and insecurity. She said “It’s the truth they’re saying, and if I’d that lad in the house, I wouldn’t be fearing the loosed khaki – cut throats, or the walking dead.” The presence of the “loose Khaki cut-throats, or the walking dead” is symbolic of violence. After Christy had told his story, his courage replaces Pegeen needs. Synge introduces Christy during this period in Mayo as a hero because of the colonial condition and the need for a brave man to face them.... [tags: boredom, fear, insecurity, imagination]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- 1. Please discuss and explain the CAPM and the SML. Provide a numerical example for the CAPM. Total risk is the relevant measure of risk, do you agree. The security market line (SML) is a line that charts the efficient, or market, risk versus return of the entire market at a specific time and demonstrates all risky marketable securities. The SML basically diagrams the outcomes from the capital asset pricing model (CAPM) recipe. The x-hub speaks to the risk (beta), and the y-hub speaks to the normal return.... [tags: Capital asset pricing model]
734 words (2.1 pages)
- Inventories have very little influence as to whether Apple Inc. has the ability to be responsible for current liabilities using their current assets. This fact is a representation that Apple does not rely heavily on inventories to account for assets. This means that Apple has other current, or short-term assets like, cash and cash equivalents, short-term marketable securities, and accounts receivable among other assets, that if needed, could cover the company’s current liabilities. Apple maintains levels of inventory that keep up with consumer demand rather than sitting on inventory that could potentially not move (Apple Inc.... [tags: Balance sheet, Asset, Inventory turnover, Stock]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- The media has come to dominate the lives of many of today’s youths. In The Great Imagination Heist, Reynolds Price expresses extreme dismay at the media’s ever-tightening grasp over the impressionable minds of adolescents. He sincerely feels that the effects of prolonged exposure to television, film, video games, and the Internet are detrimental to the development of a youth’s imagination and ability to think freely, without outside influence. The word “heist” indicates the intention to rob or steal.... [tags: Great Imagination Heist]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- How New Moms Should Treat Their Bodies After Being Pregnant
- Morality of Murder in Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie
- Hybrid Quantum Mechanical/ Molecular Mechanical Simulation of Enzymatic Reaction with the Drude Oscillators Polarizable Force Field
- Analysis of Cathedral
- Should United States Use Torture as a Interrogation Method?
- How to Pass a Drug Test for Marijuana: The Ultimate Guide for How to Beat a Drug Test