Chicago makes up most of Cook County. People with higher income tend to move out of the city into neighboring suburbs for better housing and job opportunities (Kempen) and in the 90’s these counties experienced a decade of economic prosperity (Mendell). This holds true as the neighboring counties of Cook County are the most affluent (median household income from $76,000-$86,000) except Kane County which is at $66,834 (American FactFinder). Another part of Illinois this holds true is Monroe County which is part of the Greater St. Louis Area. Though it’s not part of the top highest median household income, Monroe County is still pretty affluent with $70,904 (American FactFinder). Cook County on the other hand only has a median household income of 54,559 (American FactFi...
... middle of paper ...
...ty again leads Illinois in wheat production. " McClatchy - Tribune Business News 13 March 2008 ABI/INFORM Dateline, ProQuest. Web. 07 Dec. 2009.
Strahler, Steven R. "The other Illinois: While suburbia boomed during the 1980s and '90s, Downstate busted. " Crain's Chicago Business (1) 10 Oct. 1994: ABI/INFORM Dateline, ProQuest. Web. 8 Dec. 2009.
van den Berg, David. "Buyers Snap Up Belleville, Ill., Homes As Soon as They Go on the
Market. " Knight Ridder Tribune Business News 30 June 2002 ABI/INFORM Dateline, ProQuest. Web. 07 Dec. 2009.
Walzer, Norman, John Gruidl, and Lori Sutton. "Keeping Rural Illinois Vibrant: State Policies for the 21st Century." Rural Research Report. Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs. Web. 07 Dec. 2009.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Upon reading this fascinating article called, “The Relationship between Low Income and Household Food Patterns in Canada,” individual readers may became enlightened on how to be more food savvy about low income families that suffer from ongoing food epidemic complications (problems): In addition, there is some evidence to suggest that the adoption of healthy eating patterns is complicated for low-income Canadians by the higher costs of some recommended foods25. Although the lack of national intake data hampers the ability to make comparisons between lower- and higher- income groups, analyses of household food expenditure data provide valuable insight into food expenditure and economic cond... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Food, Junk food]
1115 words (3.2 pages)
- Contents Summary 3 Situation analysis 3 Research on portfolio theory 4 Variables explaining stockholding 5 Factors for trying to explain the phenomenon 7 Conclusion 11 References 12 Summary At the very basis of this paper is the analysis of the limited household stock market participation phenomenon. The relevance of the issue is discussed through the perspective of the theories of finance with special regard to the Model Portfolio Theory. Given the point of view of one of the largest stock markets - the market of the United States of America - the phenomenon is first of all presented as deriving from behaviours related to stockholding.... [tags: Limited Household Participation Phenomenon ]
2832 words (8.1 pages)
The, Median, And Mode Of Ages Of Customers Interviewed Regarding The Different Kinds Of Products They Purchase
- Case 1 of the paper involves calculation of the mean, median, and mode of ages of customers interviewed regarding the different kinds of products they purchase. The three represent measures of natural tendency, in which case the three values attempt to identify the central position within the set of data being analyzed. The number of respondents in this interview was 124 out of the 200 respondents targeted in the survey. Therefore, the respondents interviewed represent a sample of the customers who buy from the store, hence the inferences made from this sample is representative of the entire customer base.... [tags: Arithmetic mean, Mean, Mode, Median]
1150 words (3.3 pages)
- “Valerie I need to see you in my office.” Those were the words my boss spoke to me in 2007. She went on to state that Barack Obama the senator of Illinois would be running for president. “Valerie I need you to conduct this interview with him tonight for me”. I stood there dumbfounded because this position was new to me, and I had never conducted an interview before. After returning to my desk I started googling all the information I could find on this potential candidate for president. Barack was a senator from Illinois who served only one term in the senate seat.... [tags: United States, Barack Obama, Illinois]
708 words (2 pages)
- How much does the typical American family make. This question is probably one of the most central in figuring out how we can go about fixing our current economic malaise. After all, we don’t hear many people saying in today’s world that they have too much money. The median household income in the United States is $46,326. Here in California people have a hard time understanding that yes, 50 percent of our population live on $46,000 or less a year. Even today, all the elixirs and remedies being thrown around fail to focus on income and the big brother of income, solid employment.... [tags: Household income in the United States]
700 words (2 pages)
- The United States of America has been dealt a crippling blow buy none other than her people. The time is coming when Lady Liberty will have to be dismantled, and sold off at the scrap yard. Today, more and more people feel they are entitled to the seemingly endless abundance of financial support. In a study by The Congressional Research Services (CRS) that was reported, in an Oct 18 2012 article titled CRS Report: Welfare Spending The Largest Item In The Federal Budget, that 80-plus federal welfare programs amounting to roughly $1.03 Trillion were identified.... [tags: Household income in the United States]
701 words (2 pages)
- The United States total population is 308,745,538. That is 5,092 times the size of my home town Waltham’s population size which is 60,632. To break up the population size by racial composition Waltham is 76.6% White, 5.5% Black, 13.2% Latino, and 10.4% Asian. These percentages came as a surprise to me because I felt that my school was very diverse and the town in general, even though my neighborhood consisted of mostly caucasians. 67.2% of people twenty-five years and over in Waltham has a bachelor’s degree or higher.... [tags: Household income in the United States]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- Phase 1. Social Assessment: United States military personnel are devoted to serving and to protect the American people; however, their quality of life after combat deployment still remains an area that is not greatly understood. In that case, this phase focuses on the social assessment of veterans’ quality of life in the United States. There are approximately 21,369,602 veterans in the U.S. of which 7.3 percent are females (U.S. Census Bureau, 2016). The age distribution for veterans in the U.S.... [tags: Household income in the United States]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- Income Inequality’s affect on Society Income inequality is on the rise and it is evident in most cities throughout the United States. There are individuals with six to seven figure incomes and then there are individuals whose income is just enough to get by. The middle class is not as prominent as the upper and lower class. This should be the other way around. There should not be so many cities with very wealthy neighborhoods right next door to low class, rundown neighborhoods, with little middle class households.... [tags: middle class, families, income, finances, economy]
1043 words (3 pages)
- There were 6 different regions from where customers had their purchased items from the Heavenly Chocolate website delivered to. The largest percent of items were delivered to addresses in the Northeast. The smallest percent of items were delivered to the mountain areas. The three main regions that Heavenly Chocolate products get sent to are the Northeast at 39% of the surveyed customers, the Midwest at 29% and the Mid-Atlantic at 20%. There is not a significant difference between the region with the most products delivered to and the rest of the regions that products were delivered to from the surveyed customers.... [tags: Household income in the United States]
2233 words (6.4 pages)