Essay PreviewMore ↓
Next is in terms of the design and aesthetics. Layout that being used for this website is a plain white which easier people to read the text that is in black, in contrast and suitable for the concept of showroom online. The font is also suits which is not too big and not too small to be read by people. To highlight the main subject or the main product, the font is being bold to alert customers that they choose the right one. There is no audio available for this website or even a video. But somehow, as it was a home furnishing website, most of the pictures being used by the website is in JPEG format to deliver a clear view of the products to customers.
How to Cite this Page
"IKEA Website Evaluation." 123HelpMe.com. 28 Mar 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Marketing Audit Approach - IKEA Marketing Audit Overview “What is a marketing audit. Quite simply, it is a detailed analysis of the elements that constitute or influence a company’s efforts to profitably market its products- today and in future when both market and products may undergo radical change” ( John, Alexander, & Theodore, 1969). The marketing audit helps to understand the fundamentals of a company’s marketing planning process. Auditing is not only conducted not only at the planning stage and also conducted during various stages until the implementation of the marketing plan.... [tags: Business Marketing ]
1544 words (4.4 pages)
- The process of evaluating web sites is more than just looking the page over and deciding that it ‘looks’ legitimate. According to GCU Library, the process of evaluating a web site involves checking five categories: authority, accuracy, objectivity, currency, and coverage (LIBRARY). Each category requires you to look deeper than just the front page of a web site. I have evaluated two web sites, Womenshealth.com and Childtrends.org. I believe that both of these sites are excellent sources of information because they demonstrate authority, accuracy, objectivity, currency and coverage.... [tags: Website Evaluation]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- Evaluation of a Website What has a hippo in common with a feather?” “What is the longest place name in the world?” “Can green ideas sleep furiously?” “Rim ember us poke in cent tense all mow stall ways con deigns word snot in then did.” These are just a few of the topics you will find under A Web of Linguistic Fun. Phantom Linguist, Bucknell University Professor Robert Beard, provides a unique collection of “fundamental subdisciplines of linguistics”(1). The website introduces linguistic terminology such as grammar, morphology, phonology, semantics, and syntax.... [tags: Evaluation Essays]
565 words (1.6 pages)
- The IKEA distribution chain uses a business model that involves exclusive outsourcing for product manufacture. Due to this type of sourcing, the fact of the matter is that IKEA itself does not involve in manufacturing or production but instead relies exclusively on contractors. This means that they have only limited control of how such facilities operate and generate product. As a result of the above strategy, IKEA had recently come under fire through media and public awareness campaigns for employing Child Labor in countries like India, Pakistan and Nepal by their suppliers (One in Specific, Rangan Exports).... [tags: Term, Employment, IKEA Catalogue, IKEA]
1335 words (3.8 pages)
- Evaluation of The March of Dimes Website Did you ever consider everything that has to go exactly right for a baby to be born with out any birth defects, prematurity, or low birth weight. The answer is a lot, and according to the March of Dimes more then 460,000 babies are born prematurely every year in the United States alone (March of Dimes website). Recently, this statistic hit closer to home when a close friend of mine gave birth to her first child. At five months she was informed that her baby would be born prematurely with a hole in its diaphragm, a birth defect that could mean life or death.... [tags: Evaluation Essays]
656 words (1.9 pages)
- Case Study 6.1 Kishan solanki University of the Potomac BUS510 Strategic Management 07/17/2016 Professor Petya Nikolova Abstract This case study is the analysis of IKEA, It is a multinational group of companies that designs and sells ready-to-assemble furniture (such as beds, chairs and desks), appliances and home accessories. As of January 2008, it is the world 's largest furniture retailer. Founded in Sweden in 1943 by then-17-year-old Ingvar Kamprad, who was listed as one of the world 's richest people in 2013, Since its 1943 founding in Sweden, IKEA has offered home furnishings and accessories of good design and function at low prices... [tags: Marketing, IKEA, Ingvar Kamprad]
1099 words (3.1 pages)
- 1.0 INTRODUCTION I have decided to choose Sinar Harian website to evaluate it as ask by my lecture. Sinar Harian website is an online newspaper. For me, online newspapers can define as website that provides news and information about crime, sport, politic, academic, finance and many more to the users other than the printed one. Based on the definition that I get from the internet, the online newspaper or electronic newspaper is a self-contained, reusable and refreshable version of traditional newspaper that acquires and holds information electronically.... [tags: newspaper, use, online, free, design, developers]
2253 words (6.4 pages)
- IKEA is one of the greatest furniture organizations, on the planet. The organization is the biggest organization on the planet; it had an incredible group of partners. The organization 's development from 1954 was zero, in 1994 of 114 organizations. The author of the IKEA Company, Ingvar Kamprad puts stock in an extraordinary group. As indicated by Bartlett, Dessain And Sjoman, 2006 pg., Ingvar Kamprad established the name IKEA from "his initials (Ingvar Kamprad), his home homestead (Elmtaryd), and its ward (Agunnaryd).... [tags: Ingvar Kamprad, IKEA]
1592 words (4.5 pages)
- Brand is something to be created by deep understanding of culture, traditions, fashion updates, trend in market and demand in market. An organization or firm, which fulfills the requirements of all the qualities of the market by using branding strategies, will stand first and will have good name in the society. IKEA will stand as a good example, as it fills all the requirements of a perfect retail brand strategy. Ethical branding and ethical market make the brand famous and increases the reputation of the company brand choices are done by keeping various specifications in mind and there are traditional large scale retailers or modern apparels producers, all of them contribute to the growt... [tags: IKEA Case Study]
1800 words (5.1 pages)
- Now that we are living in an ever changing world, technology is viewed as the most resourceful tool in keeping up with the pace. Without the use of technology, communication would be limited to using mail for delivery and encyclopedias for research. Although technology has improved the way we communicate and find information for research, the information is not always valid. Unfortunately, for those of us who use the internet for shopping, research, or reading articles of personal interest the information is not treated the same as a your magazine or book.... [tags: Internet]
771 words (2.2 pages)
- Income Inequality in Iran
- My Leadership Philosophy
- Funds of Knowledge and Outcomes Among Native American Students
- Language Acquisition: Understanding Language and its Ontogenetic and Phylogenetic Aspects
- Identity in Tender is the Night and Appointment in Samarra
- Why is the Psychological Contract Important to the Organization?
Based on the website, there is none of disclose of authors but there is some information about the sponsors and developers. There are many companies that supply IKEA products around the world but not stated in detail which companies as there are a lot. In addition, the IKEA website is generally developed by Inter IKEA System B.V and currently, the content is reliable and no error found which make the Inter IKEA System B.V seems to be such a good developer.
Furthermore, the information in the website is clear, complete, and currently updated as new products or new furniture being gained by the real IKEA store. My Shopping List link is enabling in the website as it helps customer to plan their purchases before visit the IKEA store. By browsing the website, it can be said that the information of the product is precise as all the information including the picture of the product, label of price stated for each product, and also the price of the product that is on sales is exactly the same as in the IKEA store. This will prevent customer to get confused as if there are different information of the product thus will tarnish the reputation of IKEA.
As the website is reliable and trustworthy, so it is considered that the information provided is reliable. This can be judge by looking at the name domain name of the webpage itself, which contain .com and .my. Basically this website is true and is safe to be browse by user without people have to hesitate. As it does not provide buying online service and any payment through online, hence it is safe and secure.
In addition, the website is logically organized to ease people in searching through the website. In Product Search page, all of the products will appear based on their category under each main product. In example, under beds, the sub products consists of double beds, single beds, beds with storage, bed storage, loft beds and bunk beds, beside tables, and some more. By click on the photo, customer will then know about the description of the product, which consists of price, product dimensions, key features, designer, item measurement and weight, care instructions and some other information. The content labels that being used is also short and communicative to the users.
The movement between every each page is quite confusing as there is no page number stated. The user needs to click at previous button on their browser to go back to the previous page. But then, the link stated to go for any section in the website is easy to use by just clicking at it, and even more, no links that are crashed or the content is unavailable as users open it. As people have to scroll down further to view products, at the bottom of the page, there is “BACK TO TOP” button to ease people to go to the top of the page without scroll up back.
As IKEA is being well-known among people because the company is already established franchise of home furnishing company all around the world, so it would be easier for people to keep visiting or returning to this site. By looking at the domain name of the webpage, www.ikea.com.my, it was a simple name that people can easily memorize it and can go back to the page like for hundred times. The page also does not take much time to load eventhough it contain lots of photos. People all around the world can just search for the webpage and can access it anytime and anywhere. For more, IKEA website or catalogue can be install in smartphones, thus help users to be more convenient to view the website by just one click, as simple as that.
All the links that available is clearly labelled and is created for a purpose. Users can just easily click on the link without trouble them to open for a new tab if they want to search for another product. They can just jump off to any page they like by click on the link. For example, if the users do not know how to shop at IKEA as they are new to IKEA, they can click on “How to Shop at IKEA” link and the guide are there. User could use all the links that have been available on the website as it will help them to save time when browsing.
For the attribution and documentation, the sources that being used in this website is reliable and updated. Inter IKEA System B.V does not take much sources to be put in the website as they want to maintain the originality of the website itself. It means that, as it is their own developed website, so they want to make sure that all in there is by them and not from others.
In the website, there are two languages available for users to choose either BM (Bahasa Malaysia) or EN (English) as these two languages is the languages that commonly used among Malaysian. The language being used in the website is appropriate and really suits to be read by all without focus to the certain gender only means women and man. As it was a website that described about a product, so no complicated words being used in describing it.
Last but not least, user can consult with the IKEA team or even ask them for any enquiries as in “Contact Us” link, there is an email of IKEA and a form that need to be filled up by customer in order to ask a question. Basically, customer will have to look at FAQ page for the frequent asked questions and if there is no question or answer related to what they want to know, only then they need to fill up form in Contact Us page and send it to IKEA’s official email. After that, the IKEA team will surely give a feedback towards the question that being asked. The website also provides their address and phone number in IKEA Privacy and Policy page, that customers can directly call or just visit the IKEA if they need something in hurry.
In sum, what can be conclude about this website is, it such a good website to be viewed by user and easy to use or browse through it as the website is simple and provide enough information about any product that is available. Customer will be satisfied looking to the product eventhough just by browsing the web. But somehow, IKEA does not provide buying through online and for delivery also, IKEA only have a delivery service to Klang Valley area including Putrajaya, Cyberjaya, Kajang, and selected parts of Rawang. Hence, in future, IKEA should enable customer to buy online and make delivery all around Malaysia in order to ease the customer that lived apart from IKEA get to buy the IKEA products also.
Maxwell, D. (2005). Attribution & Documentation (R3) [Information]. Retrieved from Abstract Concrete Works Web site: http://www.abstractconcreteworks.com/essays/teaching/Composition-111/attribdoc.html
Well-Designed Affordable Home Furnishing - IKEA. (2011-2013). Retrieved from IKEA Web site: http://www.ikea.com/my/en/