My career plan is exact in nature. The employment outlook for technicians is anticipated to increase by 21 percent and 26 percent for Nurses, respectively through 2020 (Occupational Outlook Handbook, BLS, 2011). This prediction allows for elbow room should new obstacles arise. Foremost, I must earn my Medical Coding and Reimbursement degree. Then, procure gainful employment in the Medical Records and Health Information Technology field. Simultaneously, I will establish myself within an educational hospital, such as Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY. While working, I need to minimize my tuition debt, pursue entry into the nursing program at Albany Medical College, and acquire my R. N. degree. Next, secure a position within the operating suite. Where I will work to develop and refine my skills, with the hel...
... middle of paper ...
...ng style. The APA and in text citation is also very hard for me to get the hang of. I am unsure of how to correct this uneasiness, other than just writing more papers.
I did however learn a great deal about myself. For all the skills I lack, I discovered many I possess, and can leverage to make up for my shortcomings. That lesson alone will help my psyche when the going gets rough. My journey has already begun, yet is far from complete.
Bureau of Labor Statistics, US Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-13 Edition, Medical Records and Health Information Technicians, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/protective-servise/police-and-detectives.htm (visited November 15, 2013).
Carl, J. (2011). THINK Sociology. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
How Can Guidance Counselors Assist Sen Students With Ld Into Becoming Career Ready When Transitioning From High School?
- Title: How can guidance counselors assist SEN students with LD into becoming career ready when transitioning from high school. Introduction According to Cease-Cook, Fowler and Test (2015), students with disabilities continue to be employed as adults at lower rates compared to their peers without disabilities and this has a direct effect on their quality of life. This low rate has been attributed to an ineffective transition from high school into career life. Gothberg (2015) reports that only 60% of students with disabilities were recorded to continue with postsecondary education within eight years of leaving high school and of those, only 41% in a 2-year program and 34% in a 4-year program c... [tags: Special education]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- Generic Skills in Career and Technical Education Career and Technical Educators Employ a Variety of Strategies for Teaching Generic Skills The Secretary's Commission on Achieving Necessary Skills (SCANS) identified the general skills that most workplaces require, thus providing a basis for programs that prepare students for employment. Reform programs such as Tech Prep and High Schools that Work strive to incorporate these "generic" skills as they offer students a rigorous academic background, technological literacy skill development, and learning experiences that are situated in the context of real-world environments (Pucel 1999).... [tags: Skills Work Careers Essays]
1864 words (5.3 pages)
- Negotiation occurs on a regular basis in a daily life and individual negotiate in the business or outside of the workplace. Having superior negotiation skills is conductive to the success in personal life and career development. This reflection essay will indicate that my natural preferences for different comparisons between theory and practice and a personal action plan to improve negotiation skills based on the role-play activity in the workshop. Based on the activities in the workshop, what I was learning about my negotiating when I was acting as an HR practitioner, from my view, during the negotiation everybody have different dimensions of outcome and relationship, for example,... [tags: buiness, workplace, skills, negotate]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- All employers want you to have a basic understanding of the technology being used in whatever area of the Information Technology (IT) field you go into; however, the most important skill has nothing to do with computers or networks. Tammy from the Industrial Credit Union put it succinctly. “Communication skills are a priority. Someone with tech skills are a dime a dozen.” What employers are looking for is someone with skills and the ability to communicate. Communication skills are key to a successful career in IT.... [tags: Information Technology]
1040 words (3 pages)
- Baking What do you think is the most popular job to have in the hospitality industry. I think it is a pastry chef. So what you hearing about are going to be about baking. First, you’re going to hear about educational requirements and recommendations. Second you’re going to hear about salary ranges and geographic effects and how many hours required each week and what is a typical day like in this career when you reach the career goal. Third you’re going to hear about what skills and sets are required.... [tags: pastry chef, education, salary, career, skills]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- Identifying personality and having a strategic career planning that is congruent with your goals could help lead individuals to the correct career path. Before finding a new job, my mother decided to deeply analyze her personality. She valued intelligence, knowledge, and competence; she liked observing the world and generating ideas. She wanted to put her findings and thoughts into a useful form for the society to follow. Living in her world of strategic planning, she found that her combinations of 4 years of related work experience, strong skills in marketing research, and passion for political marketing drove her to work in the National Institute of Political Studies as a political marketi... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- This module is all about me as an individual and also making sure I am on the right steps in terms of what I want to achieve with my career. It is a guidance tutorial used to assist me, so this assignment will reveal mfuy results and evaluate what they mean for me in terms of personally and professionally. Over the past few weeks, I've done a wide range of exercises which looks at things such as personality, motivations and skills. The purpose of this assignment is to see if I have gained enough out of this module, to have a deeper understanding of what is needed to succeed in my chosen choice of career.... [tags: career path, future job, life planning, esfj]
2311 words (6.6 pages)
- Careers are not something to be taken in a light manner as it acts as a major function in every being’s life. Career dysfunctional may results in decreased self confidence, increased interpersonal communication problems or traces of depression. According to Beverly Baskin, the term career can be defined as the the totality of work one does in one’s lifetime. Given this definition, education, family responsibilities, work and leisure activities are inclusive. Vocational counseling is a career concentrated for individuals who needs to attain work coming in contact with counselors to help individuals evaluate or improve skills, developing and learning methods to obtain a job.... [tags: work, education, skills]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- Career Passports and Career Portfolios Portfolios have long been used in some professions to showcase professional work and skill. In education, portfolios have also been used for assessment, including self-assessment (Lankes 1995; Pond et al. 1998). Both career portfolios and career passports reflect this dual focus—students assess themselves in the process of developing a product, and the resulting product showcases and documents their experiences and skills. A distinction is sometimes drawn between a portfolio as developmental and a passport as summative (Bridging the Gap 1993).... [tags: Career Passports Portfolios Essays]
1831 words (5.2 pages)
- The career services professional supports the educational mission of a college by assisting students to develop, evaluate, and pursue career aspirations with the goal of securing employment. Career services professionals accomplish these goals with a range of programs, counseling and services designed to help students make the connection between the academic environment and the workplace. Career Counseling, or Career Services depending on the institution, is frequently offered on a one-on-one basis, but at times this service is provided through group workshops, classes, or computerized guidance systems.... [tags: Career Goals]
1568 words (4.5 pages)