Ideas and inspirations for modern gardens
There is a Chinese saying which, when translated, roughly means “One who plants a garden, plants happiness.” There is no denying of the fact. Avid gardeners among you will fondly remember your first gardening experiences. Perhaps, you were only a toddler then helping the older members of the family in backyard landscaping. Don’t you still feel the same thrill when you see the first signs of buds in your daffodils or dahlias?
You most certainly do! In fact, it is for such rewards you continue to keep your garden in such prim condition year after year. Gardening is no easy task and we know that. And, we can assure you that we feel as delighted by seeing your modern backyard in full bloom as you may feel yourself. That is why we regularly share modern garden design ideas to help you savour the entire process to the fullest.
Modern landscape design
Begin with a broad sketch for your garden. Modern landscaping essentially begins on paper. Draw a draft of your proposed modern landscape design. Fill up every detail before you set out on the work. This includes choices of plants for areas close to your dwelling and faraway up until the boundary wall. Make this project not only visually stunning one but practical too.
Make plans for plumbing, drainage electrical wiring, outdoor lighting, water features and security essentials. Draw the garden paths. Think of where to position the garden shade, entertainment area and kid’s playground. If you wish to have a greenhouse for your precious collection of plants make room for that as well. Modern landscape architecture can be slightly complicated in nature, if not overwhelming. It might be useful for you to seek help of a professional who has thoroug...
... middle of paper ...
...te pH level of the soil, amount of fertilising and watering needed for every plant and so on. But this you will gain by seeking suggestions from more experienced landscapers and also with practice. Keep an apron handy and please do not wear the fanciest of your clothes while working to improve your modern garden. Be careful with the window boxes and string them up properly, so they do not fall off and cause grievous injuries.
If your apartment does not enjoy sufficient sunshine choose plants that would not find it difficult to thrive in shaded areas. Indoor herbs like mint, chives and jade tend to be very forgiving in nature. Certain other flowering species like bromeliad, kalanchoe and peace lily tend to be very sturdy as well. Enjoy the entire process and have the satisfaction of knowing that you are not only tending your hobby, but being a true friend of earth.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Ideas and inspirations for modern houses Nearly all of us secretly harbour a dream of building a home for ourselves. Some us may buy an old structure and renovate it into a style suited for modern time. Others invest in a plot to build from a scratch. Every era has its own distinctive style that reflects in art, architecture and design. A variety of reasons, including changing socio-economic conditions, can be identified behind this unceasing evolution in tastes and design. The magnificent structures of gothic, baroque or neo classical era still continue to enamour us with their grandeur.... [tags: Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Modernism, Le Corbusier]
1613 words (4.6 pages)
- Schindler’s List, Jaws, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, and Jurassic Park, notable movies all directed by the inspiring person; Steven Spielberg. He even produced the Transformers series. No one really knows who Steven Spielberg really is, however, everyone is familiar with the movies he has produced and directed. Steven Spielberg was born December 18, 1946 in Cincinnati, Ohio.2 “To deal with stress he would make movies which would be his shield against bullies at school, trouble at home, and any issues he dealt with.”1 He was the oldest child of three sisters.... [tags: movies, entertainment, inspiration]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- In Search of Our Mothers' Gardens: Sainthood To use the name of a Saint generally evokes images of holy men and women of the Catholic church, dressed in flowing robes and surrounded by an oil-painted aura. There are patron saints-those with a sort of specialized divinity-of bakers and bellmakers, orphans and pawnbrokers, soldiers and snake bites, soldiers and writers. Each is a Catholic who lived a life deemed particularly holy and was named, postmortem, by the Pope to sainthood. This construct, I find, is something of an empty set of ideas.... [tags: Search Our Mothers' Gardens]
1489 words (4.3 pages)
- Home vegetable gardening is done for a variety of reasons by a number of people. One of the reasons why people grow vegetable gardens is due to the nation’s unhealthy eating habits. Another reason is the horrible state of the economy that the nation is currently experiencing. People have had to adjust to a different way of living by growing gardens which helps with both unhealthy eating habits and the failing economy. Growing their own gardens also saves people money on their grocery bills. Also people are growing gardens as a means of exercise and for the simple reason of the enjoyment of harvesting good tasting produce which in turn can be eaten fresh from the garden and can be canned or f... [tags: Vegetable Gardens, gardening, ]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- What is the case: - There is a company named Regional Gardens in Bathurst with 150 employee, company runs a number of enterprises working related gardening. Company owns Regional Gardens nursery which selling plants gardening related material to public. Company also owns Regional Garden planners which works as the consultancy. At its main site where company servers and data is stored has the following infrastructure • Regional Gardens Ltd is a company that runs a number of related gardening enterprises.... [tags: gardens, employees, databases]
1549 words (4.4 pages)
- Meaningless Existence in Virginia Woolf's Kew Gardens "Kew Gardens," by Virginia Woolf, is skillfully developed and written in such a manner as to be jammed full of images, ideas, and possibilities. One of the many ideas found in the story is the presentation of human existence as meaningless, random, and haphazard. Indeed, throughout the story, many images, words, and even plot structure support the fact that the lives of the characters of the story are lives without meaning or direction. Woolf presents the reader with characters whose lives are noticeably blurry and unfocused, undefined and haphazard, lived without direction, and full of distraction and interruption.... [tags: Search Our Mothers' Gardens Essays]
1746 words (5 pages)
- Issues Facing Blacks in Alice Walker's In Search of our Mother's Gardens In Alice Walker's book, In Search Of Our Mother's Gardens, she addresses many issues facing blacks in today's society. The two essays examined here, "The Black Writer and the Southern Experience" and "The Unglamorous But Worthwhile Duties Of the Black Revolutionary Artist Or Of the Black Writer Who Simply Works and Writes," concern themselves with the truth and beauty of being a black Southern writer and the role of the revolutionary black artist, respectively.... [tags: Search Our Mothers' Gardens]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- Art and All in Our Mothers' Gardens Alice Walker uses Virginia Woolf's phrase "contrary instincts" to describe the creative spirit that her female ancestors revive spirit that her female ancestors revered while working and living in oppressive conditions. Her mother had a difficult life, but she managed to keep her creative spirit alive. She held onto what she could in the simplest ways. Where there was a will there was a way. Walker explains that her mother, though tired and overworked, did express and feed her creative spirit. She planted incredible gardens, and still does, with various blooming plants. She adorned the house with flowers from the garden. Walker liken... [tags: Search Our Mothers' Gardens]
1019 words (2.9 pages)
- A Growing University: Community Gardens Humanity, when striving to create a more perfect world, may have difficulties in choosing a place to begin. However, in light of the direction much of humanity is quickly going, it seems obvious where to look. All over the world, urban populations are rapidly growing. Researchers predict that the time when 50% of the world’s population lives in cities is quickly approaching (“News and Highlights” 1). As urban populations increase, hunger becomes a growing concern.... [tags: Agriculture Community Garden Farming]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- Throughout the history of mankind, the gardens have been created to feed the spirit. The landscape is a relationship between nature and culture; it expresses who we are and where we from. Furthermore, landscape architecture advances along with society and it adjust to the change of their tastes and way of life. It is at first hand the search for a balance of adapting the environment and the advance society. We can observe the different styles and designs process each culture has, simply by looking at what kind of elements, plants, and regulations it uses.... [tags: Environment, Nature and Culture, Landscape]
2432 words (6.9 pages)