Meal replacements, such as Soylent, give the ability of allowing the consumer to take in just the essential nutrients to function. The appeal of meal replacements on an individual level is mostly convenience. Products like Soylent remove the dilemma of choosing what to eat and how to best fuel our bodies for what we do. With Soylent, there is no longer a struggle between choosing between a healthy or unhealthy option. Hunger can be simply conquered by drinking this cocktail of nutrients. Besides saving time avoiding choices (and preparing meals), drinkable meal replacements save time when it comes to actually consuming the calories. There is no waste especially since meal replacements allow for customization of specific nutrients. This allows tailoring to each individual. When it comes to g...
... middle of paper ...
...ep them healthy and well-fed. The only things necessary would be a cup, the powder, the water and oil, things that are quick to pack. The replacements can be mixed before hand too. It is just as convenient as carrying a water bottle. Looking beyond just the benefits individuals would gain as they switch to soylent, the global benefits would be enormous. Reducing a substantial amount of greenhouse-gases, lessening the strain placed on the agriculture industry, and potentially being able to feed the world would be just some of the outcomes of switching to powdered meal replacements. While we may not know what the long term consequences of moving towards this kind of diet, it can be a possible solution that must be pursued and tested whether it be for personal conveniences or to help lessen the strain that we are putting on to the world through unsustainable practices.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Nearly 50 percent of American adults aged 18 and older who responded to the 2013 Gallup survey, took vitamin supplements regularly to maintain good health (Swift). Although there are many different areas to be considered when discussing "good health," a key component is getting the proper nutrients. The main purpose of taking vitamin supplements is to receive the nutrients that are not received through everyday food intake. There are many questions and concerns that surround the idea of vitamins and supplements.... [tags: Nutrition, Dietary supplement, Vitamin]
1224 words (3.5 pages)
- Vitamin Supplements Nearly 50 percent of American adults, aged eighteen and older, who responded to the 2013 Gallup survey, took vitamin supplements regularly to maintain good health (Swift). Al- though there are many different areas to be considered when discussing "good health," a key component is getting the proper nutrients. Vitamin supplements are a great and efficient way to receive the nutrients that are not being received through everyday food intake. There are many questions and concerns that surround the idea of vitamins and supplements.... [tags: Nutrition, Vitamin, Dietary supplement]
2591 words (7.4 pages)
- ... With the expanding number of people electing to use supplements, it would be obvious to assume supplements are tremendously beneficial. However, evidence on the effectiveness of supplements is hugely contradictory. It is much easier to assume supplements are useful, yet there is sufficient evidence to argue both sides on whether supplements are beneficial. Contradictory information on all things nutrition related, and, in particular, supplements, is to be expected because of the almost infinite amount of variables associated with the topic.... [tags: performance enhancing drugs, health risks]
2327 words (6.6 pages)
- My background is Italian but I was born in America so I am pretty Americanized. But that doesn’t mean my Italian roots don’t show from time to time. My daily life is actually influenced a lot more then I originally thought by being Italian. For example, my mom is constantly cooking these gigantic meals that would make all my friends want to live at my house. Even when I was younger I my mom would make all these great meals ranging from chicken to different types of pasta. I would always bring these foods to lunch in school and not a day went by that I wasn’t asked to trade lunches.... [tags: Food, Cooking, Nutrition, Meal]
710 words (2 pages)
- 49% of surveyed adults from the ages of 31-50 say that they use food supplements on a regular basis (Dickinson, 19). Food supplements are being very commonly used to fill the gaps in a person’s diet. They are the unknown hero of modern day living, and most people don’t even know most people use them. Food supplements can benefit everyone in one way or another. Especially “With the popularity of fast and inexpensive processed food, many of us struggle to get all the nutrients we need out of our diets” (“Dietary Supplements: The Health Benefits of Pumping Up Your Diet” Par 1).... [tags: dietary supplements and vitamins]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- The scene is set. It is 2016 in Rio de Janeiro, and the final heat of the Olympics is about to commence. The sprinters have been training their entire lives for the opportunity at hand, and the outcome of the most important event of their lives is going to come down to mere milliseconds. With a gold medal on the line, these athletes will be looking for any advantage they can obtain, whether big or small. One direction these athletes will turn for an advantage is supplements. Supplements have emerged as a way for athletes to increase their performance, yet their use is very controversial.... [tags: Who Uses Dietary Supplements?]
2461 words (7 pages)
- According to Advances in Nutrition (Vitamin/Trace mineral supplements), “The fraction of population that is elderly has been increasing, as has the consumption of vitamin/trace mineral supplements, which is now a Multibillion dollar industry. Yet the rationale for such supplement intake by the majority may be questioned.” () Questions like, are vitamin and mineral supplements necessary for life, or is our body capable of generating enough micro-nutrients from everyday nutrition and the environment?; and are vitamin supplements supposed to be used as substitutes for the natural intake of vitamins from whole foods, for people who do not have deficiencies.... [tags: vitamin supplements]
1532 words (4.4 pages)
- INTRODUCTION People have been discussing if there are any negative effects of using supplements for fitness or bodybuilding for a very long time. Most people agree that if the supplement is of a good quality, it is OK to use them and they have little side effects (Bolger, 2013). In fact, some people even recommend using supplements because of such reasons: is very hard to find natural foods in this era, it impossible to take the nutrition from foods if the sportsman works too hard, and it provides fast and effective results.... [tags: Use of Supplements]
1779 words (5.1 pages)
- Looking beautiful is something all people openly (or secretly) aim for. And for them to achieve this, good health should always come first. To keep the body at optimum level, you need to take the necessary steps to maintain your health as well as prevent the onset of diseases. It is therefore important to adopt a healthy and active lifestyle—by eating nutritious food, doing daily exercise and using natural health products. Maintaining your health with the use of herbal and natural remedies is the first step to support your well-being.... [tags: supplements, natural products, health]
634 words (1.8 pages)
- There are many different work out supplements. Some of those work out supplements are Proteins/Amino Acids, Performance Supplements, Energy Boosting Products, and Vitamins. The first work out supplement we are going to tell you about is Proteins/Amino Acids. One supplement that is made of Protein is called, "The Ultimate Whey Designer Protein." This designer protein is 68% better than egg white and or regular whey. It mixes easy and gives you up to 18 grams of protein per scoop. This supplement will run you the consumer about $26.99 each 2 lbs bottle.... [tags: Work Out Supplements]
1212 words (3.5 pages)