In the ice cream store my sister and I settled on creamsicle ice cream. “Don’t worry, I get allowance from my Mom.” I put my coins back in my pocket. We walk our bikes through town, in the little town of Silverton bikes aren’t allowed on the sidewalk and my Mom doesn’t allow us to ride on the street even though it was never busy. It was the kind of town where everyone knew each other. and gossip flew around faster than the flu. Everyone in town was related and if you weren’t cousins with at least five people from town or your great Grandma wasn’t best friends with so and so’s great Grandma you were considered an outsider, weird, new. My step Dad Lived there for twenty years and was still considered a newbie. This was especially hard on me, as my sister’s Mom had a friend who had a daughter the same age as Maggie so they were good friends, but I was left with none. I despised the town. The people didn’t understand this town wasn’t the whole word. They weren’t thugs, there were cows walking around outside. You’re not going to be on Broadway because you sang the lead in the spring musical. Those jokes aren’t funny they’re perpetuating the racism that get’s people killed everyday.
My house and Family was different than anyone’s I knew. We are what is known as a blended family, or in other words a giant chaotic mess all the time. I lived with my step Dad and my Mom, my step Dad had two children and my Mom and my step Dad had my brother. My Biological dad was remarried with two children, and my step Dads Ex-wife remarried. Our house was always filled with the noise of four kids, pets, and parents who yelled and yelled and yelled. My sibling and I had a pattern, my oldest sister would cry, Maggie would do whatever she could to get ...
... middle of paper ...
...l queen sized bed. Everything was upgraded at Grandma’s house, HoneyNut Cheerios with fresh bananas and strawberries, pillows with covers, real pearls we could play dress up with and a big backyard with lush grass, our own was patchy and yellow. We weren’t exactly poor but I did get a hand-me-down phone and my Mom’s favorite store was GoodWill. I don’t remember feeling poor but we were lacking in things most people had.
Biases are complicated things, not just one thing influences us and our opinions. Saying that being a loner, or growing up in my family, or my Grandma could never cover the vast amount of things that have caused me to have the beliefs I do. But there are large things that you remember in life that you can clearly look back on and trace to a specific opinion or belief you have, and those are important, because I tree could never stand without its roots.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1. Which segments of the general external environment, if any, are relevant to the Russian. Cream industry. Why. One of the favorite snack and desert of Russians since 1900s ice cream was considered one of the best in the world. The popularity had grown since and in 1990 the per capita consumption of ice cream by Russians was 6.95 pounds mainly distributed through kiosk, supermarket, grocessary store, restaurants and cafés. The Russian ice cream industries were facing lot of completion and global pressure to meet up with the benchmarking that the American franchise Haagen- Dazs and Baskin & Robbins has set.... [tags: Ice cream, Marketing, Brand, Soviet Union]
1578 words (4.5 pages)
- Ice Cream Who does not love a scoop of indulgent ice cream. However, does anyone really know how or why people came to like, or more importantly, eat ice cream to this day. Ice cream has been around since the 13th century, maybe even before then, but the actual discovery or creation of ice cream still has yet to be answered. Since its creation, it has made its way all around the globe and has been altered by many cultures to fit their specific qualifications. With different lifestyles and desires, ice cream not only can be altered in flavor, but also has been changed to give many nutritional benefits for those of certain qualities and needs.... [tags: Ice cream, Milk, Custard, Butterfat]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- People are sick, and it is because of listeria. Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream is doing all they can do to help fight the listeria outbreak before it is blown up, more than it already is. Jeni’s Ice Cream is safe to eat because they have no deaths from their produce. The news and consumers have blown this outbreak up way more than it needed to be because they didn’t realize that Jeni didn’t have contaminated produce that they could consume. Jeni’s Ice Cream should be doing as well as it used to because they had a problem, they recognized the problem, then they resolved the problem.... [tags: Milk, Ice cream, Dairy product, Immune system]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- Brief history: - Tip top is one of the greatest organizations in New Zealand. In a nation with the world 's best drain and cream, the purest water, the sweetest products of the soil flavours, it’s nothing unexpected Tip Top is the world 's best dessert – and it’s made right here in NZ. It found by two companions Len and Albert in 1936 and they opened a frozen yogurt shop in behaviour road, wellington. Tip top have their headquarter at Fonterra Brands (Tip Top) Ltd, PO Box 722, short land Street, Auckland.... [tags: Customer service, Customer, Ice cream, Sales]
3122 words (8.9 pages)
- Supply and Demand It is inside of the human beings nature to trade with each other since their apparition there are million of years. From the middle age to nowadays societies, the use of the currency as mean of trade become popular among societies and more people were able to establish commerce of different articles. Having Decided to open a small ice cream stand on campus called “Ice-Campused” to apply my business and economical skill I noticed that there are days where ice creams remain unsold but other days where there are not enough ice creams for the number of customers.... [tags: Supply and demand, Ice cream]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Breyers Vanilla Ice Cream As summer is fast approaching, the sounds of the ice cream truck can be heard all over the neighborhood. Recently these ice cream trucks have been replaced by frozen yogurt trucks, a healthier alternative to ice cream. Ice cream is filled with calories and fat grams, however even though people are calorie conscious, the ice-cream industry is a multi billion dollar business. In 2014, Breyers ice cream came into the top five highest earning ice cream companies in America.... [tags: Ice cream, Milk, Dairy product, Butterfat]
1328 words (3.8 pages)
- Ben and Jerry's Premium Ice Cream Products Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream is a brand name company known worldwide. With superior marketing techniques Ben and Jerry's has positioned themselves to be the leader in manufacturing premium ice cream products. They have successfully targeted their market, and there by achieved a strong customer base. The mission statement of their product line is "to make, distribute, and sell the finest quality all natural ice cream while incorporating wholesome, natural ingredients and promoting business practices that respect the earth and the environment".(1) This company is known to be a monopolistically competitive, because there are still many firms and consum... [tags: Business Analysis Ice Cream]
1422 words (4.1 pages)
- Wallace Stevens's "The Emperor of Ice-Cream" "The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream," Wallace Steven's writes in his poem "The Emperor of Ice-Cream" (8). This line proclaiming the ice-cream maker as important as an emperor is used metaphorically to describe the selfishness of human nature. One the surface, the poem is about the wake of a poor, old woman. However, if the metaphors and symbols of the poem are examined, the poem's deeper message becomes apparent. The attenders of the wake, who represent human nature, are uninterested in the dead woman; they are only concerned with their own wants - eating ice-cream.... [tags: Stevens Ice Cream]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- Ice-Fili and the Russian Ice-Cream Market The Russian Ice Cream market is worth $ 500 million, with Ice Fili as the market leader. The industry concentration, determined by the market share of the four largest firms in a sector is low for Russian ice-cream industry. It indicates that the industry is highly fragmented and competitive. The industry has experienced a low growth rate of ~ 3.5 % for the last two years and the other factors influencing the overall market size, like the population and the per capita consumption of ice cream have been stagnant over the years.... [tags: Ice Cream Industry Market Russia business]
1747 words (5 pages)
- Adrienne Rich's poem entitled "Miracle Ice Cream" is a short, yet thoughtfully penned poem that gives reference to playful and memorable experiences during childhood. The author follows to allude to deeper meaning with a stronger final stanza. Rich's beautiful use of language and brilliant placement of meter adds to the power behind this poem intended to elicit a response from the reader which would help relieve stress from everyday life. Given that the title of the poem is called "Miracle Ice Cream," one could easily assume that the opening line, "Miracle's truck comes down the little avenue" (line 1), is in reference to an ice cream truck driving along a residential street with the traditi... [tags: Miracle Ice Cream Essays]
576 words (1.6 pages)