... middle of paper ...
...cation, that can create miscommunication and perceptual error. For instance, she is from Ukraine and he is from America, he wants to be main caregiver to their baby, where she sees that unreasonable as she is a mother. In Ukrainian culture mother is the primary caregiver for a child when people separate. Also, I felt she opened up more and gave me more details on the circustances, which created a better picture of the situation. In the past I was just giving her advise and not truly listening to her, but now I beginging to understand her. Therefore, once individual sees they are being really heard and understood they see the opportunity to freely express themselves (Topic 2.1). I have learned from this experience that, often people just want to be heard without any judgment or advise, which creates the environment for effective communication or conflict resolution.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the month of December, New York City is such a crazy place. I walked down the street and was awestruck when I saw the most realized natural vision in the middle of New York City. It was a large hardwood plantation covered in these reflective beacons that hovered over an elliptical gathering spot. Here people were taking pictures and gliding across a frozen bond while wearing covers for their feet with small blades attached at the bottom for a more controllable slide. There seemed to be humans, both big and small, all with smiles, observing and enjoying each other's presence.... [tags: New York City, aliens, science fiction, narrative ]
2343 words (6.7 pages)
- You’re sitting alone in the café drinking your coffee and reading the newspaper. You see out of the corner of your eye a little girl sitting with her mom at the table nearby. You keep glancing over and you notice the little girl is staring you down. No matter what you do she continues to watch your every move. You wonder how long she has been sitting there and why she is gazing at you. You are being watched just like the people Michel Foucault describes, people who are simply being under constant surveillance.... [tags: Literature]
1370 words (3.9 pages)
- Life in New York Tenement Houses 1. What are the three distinct classes of homes in the tenement houses. In what ways does each reflect the needs and resources of the renters. There are three distinct classes of houses in the tenement-houses; the cheapest is the attic home. Three rooms is next and is usually for very poor people. The vast majority of respectable working people live in four rooms. Each of these classes reflects the needs and resources of the renters in that the attic home, for example, is generally one small room and is usually rented out by a lonely elderly person with not much money.... [tags: American History]
1681 words (4.8 pages)
- Most of people have encountered stories of people seeing ghost and many are conjured from recurring sitting from places like the war. Ghost have been portrayed in movies, and stories. Some stories can be epic and others can be very simple but in all there are many types of ghost stories. These stories will have our eye and everyone will want to believe. All people do believe or not, everyone even blind or not. People believe in ghost, and even blind people. I watched a Video about a blind person has to say about ghost.... [tags: stories of the supernatural]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- Have you ever wished that one of your fantasy childhood toys could be real. This question was answered when the iPhone app, Pokémon GO, was first announced. The core mechanic of the original Pokémon games was the same for over twenty years: collect all the adorable Pokémon (short for “pocket monsters”) around a virtual world. However, Pokémon GO sought to take this mechanic and make it more interactive than ever. Using the iPhone’s GPS, Pokémon GO required players to physically explore the real world in order to collect Pokémon.... [tags: Robbery, Theft, Crime, Trinity Mirror]
1306 words (3.7 pages)
- I 'm a positive go-getter. At a young age I was surrounded by inspiring leaders in my family, diverse cultures, and a firm spiritual background. These three elements mixed together made me the person I am today. My mother is one of my biggest supporters and critics. As a single mother, she raised me in the West Indian community in Bronx, New York; Kingston, Jamaica; and finally Bergen County, New Jersey. She is strict and loving all in one. I watched her gracefully manage a successful career at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York before resigning to complete her college education.... [tags: New York City, Family, Culture, High school]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Masked and veiled dancer is a bronze from Hellenistic period in Greek culture. It is a statuette, much smaller than life size. The motion of the dancer is quite complicated. Several layers of dress cover her body and a mantle covers her head. The mantle, however, goes over her head and the body as well by the pressure forms her right arm, left hand and right leg. Her half face is concealed behind veils. In general, the woman is really charming and in precise proportion. Audience can find many curves over the volume.... [tags: bronze, statuette, ]
1008 words (2.9 pages)
- BARCELONA VS REALMADRID Rivalries are common in sport, throughout the years people have witnessed great battles and games such as, Mohammed Ali versus George Foreman, New York Giants versus New York Jets, England versus Argentina, and the old firm derby Celtic versus Rangers. But nowadays, rivalries have tended to become more common in football. Football is one of the most watched sports in the world. In Europe it’s considered to be the biggest sport. However, one match that withstands the others is known as the “El Clasico”.... [tags: el clásico, games, soccer, spain]
675 words (1.9 pages)
- I was born in the Belmont neighborhood in the Bronx, and at that time it was mainly only Italians living in this little section. As of today, unlike many New York City neighborhoods, it has thankfully remained true to itself. It still has all of it’s original shops and markets it once had, and one of the few places left in the city you can still see and feel that old town character. Of course, since then it has become more diverse, but it is still the real little Italy of New York. Belmont still represents the old way of life when the first wave of European immigrants came to the city in the early twentieth century.... [tags: New York City, Manhattan, The Bronx, Queens]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- The New Teenage Parent I originally wrote this essay as an assignment for Monique DuFour's class about how we classify different groups of people. I think that the part of the student population that are parents (especially single parents) are often forgotten by the University as a whole. I say this because there are very few, if any, programs that recognize and cater to the needs of parents/students that may need a little extra help, with time or financially. As I revised this essay, I tried to think of ways that I could speak to a larger audience and raise general awareness on this issue.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1891 words (5.4 pages)