Naturally, we met through my best friend Angela when Joshua and his mother moved into her house after a stroke of bad luck. We were introduced to each other. This is called “initiating.” (McCornack 299) He gradually was incorporated into everything we did. We discovered that we both liked videogames, specifically classic Nintendo. We had similar taste in music and movies and both played woodwind instruments in the band. Small similarities like these continued to surface as we spent time together. This was our “experimenting” phase. (McCornack 299) We had a history class together in middle school and eventually, began spending more tome together than even Angela and I. He lived closer to me than Angela and we had a common class to study for so it seemed natural, until it didn’t anymore. We began to find excuses to be with each other. This is where the relation “intensified.” (McCornack 299) Eventually we just made is official. He asked me to be his “girlfriend” over a game of Bioshock about halfway through out seventh grade year of school. Here, ...
... middle of paper ...
... should have known it was over then. I do not date without being able to see myself with someone for the rest of my life and at that point, I couldn’t see it with him anymore. I know now about the most damaging kind of conflict, the demand-withdraw kind and I can now avoid that in my current relationship. Sam Vuchinich of The International Encyclopedia of Marriage and Family states that a demand-withdraw conflict “…increases the intensity of the first partner 's demands, which leads to further withdrawal by the other. The result, of course, is that nothing is solved, one partner is increasingly frustrated and the other is pushed further into a noncommunicative state.” (Vuchinich) This is absolutely what happened to Josh and I, and I know now how to either, not be so demanding, or to work on a better solution at the first sign of a withdraw response from my partner.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- My Best Friend in the Entire World Everyone needs a best friend in her lifetime. She needs somebody that she can trust and go to with her problems. A best friend should be there for you all the time, no matter what the situation may be. In my case, I have known my best friend for my entire life. My best friend happens to be my younger sister, Brittany. She is only thirteen months younger than I am, so we are very close. Having Brittany as my best friend has made me into the person I am today.... [tags: Friendship Essay Personal Narrative]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- Watching the World change: The Stories Behind the Images of 9/11 by David Friend，is not only tell the stories about 9/11 event, but explores the process of news gathering and reporting. September 11 attacks is one of most serious terrorist activity in world history, which causes 2996 people died and imponderable finance loss. It is also one of the most universally researched and watched news events in human history. The author use hundreds of relevant stories tells us what happened behind these news imagines, where these photographers were, how they take those photos.... [tags: citizen, media, information, news, gathering]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- Have you ever had that one special friend that you knew would be there for you through thick and thin. That special friend, who can read your thoughts, finish your sentences, and make you smile when you are feeling blue. A friend is someone who is honest and you can trust. A friend is someone who you hang out with, and someone you rely on. Friendship is being there for someone when they need you. That person for me is my best friend Katrina. She is the kindest, sweetest person I have ever known.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
600 words (1.7 pages)
- ... “‘He's an angel,’ she told them. ‘He must have been coming for the child, but the poor fellow is so old that the rain knocked him down.’" The family of the child believed that it was a miracle and they housed him. In fear of the burden that he brought, they secretly wished he would fly away, and he did. “Elisenda let out a sigh of relief, for herself and for him, when she saw him pass over the last houses, holding himself up in some way with the risky flapping of a senile vulture.” The magic aspect of this short story kept the story alive, the detail of the ‘angel’ was astonishing.... [tags: image, real, world, fantasy]
649 words (1.9 pages)
- I needed to speak to Lidia. As far as I was concerned that was the only remedy. I had to set things right. Most of all, I needed to speak to someone; I needed a friend. So later, I snuck out the house, carefully avoiding all the soldiers, all the maids, and all the parents. I knew they wouldn’t let me go, curfew was dangerously close, and although it didn’t apply to Germans, no one would have wanted to risk a tipsy soldier taking a pot shot first and asking questions later. But I’d mastered the art of sneaking out and I didn’t find it particularly difficult.... [tags: speak, friend, curfew, soldier]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- I remember an old saying my mother used to tell me, “Never say never”. Is this true. I would have never expected this to be true till something happened to me that changed my life till this very day. Growing up I was oddly very cold hearted. I guess I was never the gurly girl always crying after a finger nail broke or the kind of person that wore her heart on her sleeve. I would always keep things to myself and let it be the day someone saw me cry. Most people just thought I wasn’t human. Crying wasn’t something I was used to but I didn’t know one instance would make me shed oceans.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1638 words (4.7 pages)
- Friendships are one of the most important things you can get out of life. It’s something that everyone has to have because without it we would all go insane. Just think if no one talked to each other and we never made friends, this world would be a ticking time bomb. Studies say human need friendships and love to survive. So friendship is a big part of your life. There is no real definition of friendship, because there’s no one way you can define it. Friendships can mean many different things, depending on the person.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- My whole life I have been what some people might call a loner. I’d gotten through elementary school with two best friends, both of whom had moved away by the time I was in sixth grade. When I got my class list that year, I wasn’t expecting much. I was in a class with a group of girls who had been best friends since kindergarten. I had tried being friends with them- but I never really fit in. Nobody was exactly begging to sit by me either. I was sad most days, and I didn’t even have anyone to talk to about it.... [tags: a thank you note to my friend]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- Darkness, Be My Friend Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden's series consisting of Tomorrow, When the War Began, In the Dead of the Night and The Third Day, The Frost, in which seven young people are thrown into the middle of a violent war zone. Ellie, Fi, Kevin, Lee, Homer, Robyn and Corrie set out on a camping trip to a remote part of their district. They find their way into a remote basin surrounded by dangerous cliffs and difficult terrain, where they are completely safe and cut off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Darkness, Be My Friend]
648 words (1.9 pages)
- Darkness be my friend Title: Darkness Be My Friend Author: John Marsden Publisher: Pan Macmillan Publishers Publishing Date: 1996 Plot: Darkness, Be My Friend is the fourth book in John Marsden’s series consisting of Tomorrow, When the War Began, The Dead of the Night and The Third Day, This book is in which seven teenagers are in the middle of a violent war. Ellie, Fi, Kevin, Lee, Homer, Robyn and Corrie go camping to a remote part of their district. They find their way into a remote valley surrounded by dangerous cliffs and difficult terrain, where they are completely safe and cut off from the rest of the world.... [tags: Darkness be my Friend]
1066 words (3 pages)