Forest E. Witcraft once said “One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in or the kind of car I drove. But the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.” Many people think that “Those who can, do, those who can’t teach” (What Teachers Make) but what those people don’t know is how much hard work and training goes into become a successful and effective teacher.
Description of Career
Elementary school teachers are not only responsible for academic achievement, they are also responsible for providing students with a stable, clean and safe learning environment. On a normal day teachers will respond to at least thirty emails, these emails will be from parents, fellow teachers and administrators. At this point in time, email is a teachers easiest and fastest way of communication. Elementary school teachers assess students academics and are able to teach on a classroom wide or small group basis. Realistically teachers work for the school district but teachers mainly work for their students. Mrs. Jill Cooper, a second grade teacher at McDowell Mountain said that the best part of her job is “When you can see the kids are progressing, when they’re actually learning what they’re trying to teach them, and especially when they're struggling, struggling, struggling and all of a sudden they get it.” (Cooper, Jill) Teachers “make parents see their children for who they are and what they can be.” (What Teachers Make) Elementary school teachers will spend their life devoted to changing the world one child’s mind at a time.
High School and College Preparation
At Fountain Hills High School there is a group of classes called the Education Professi...
... middle of paper ...
"The Six Ts of Effective Elementary Literacy Instruction." Reading Rockets. N.p., n.d. Web. 06 Nov. 2013.
Mali. Taylor. “What Teachers Make.” What Learning Leaves. Newtown, CT: Hanover
Press, 2002. Print.
"College of Education." Undergrad Admissions. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Dec. 2013.
FHHS Course Book. N.p.: n.p., n.d. 2012-2013. Web. 2 Dec. 2013.
"Forest E. Witcraft." Jefferson Area Childrens Health Improvement Program. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Dec. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Why I Want to be an Elementary School Teacher Why do I want to become an elementary school teacher. There are so many different things I love about teaching that it is hard to answer this question. The main reason is that I want to transfer my knowledge and ideas to children who can further the things I have taught them to become successful. Many teachers throughout my life have been a big inspiration to me. They have taught me many things about basic knowledge and also about life.... [tags: Teaching Philosophy]
448 words (1.3 pages)
- When I was in middle school I never thought that I would be choosing a career that would involve teaching; however, when I was in 9th grade I had an awesome math teacher, Bethany Allen, who would to inspire me to become a teacher. She encouraged and loved her students so well and was always there to help them become the best they could be. Because, of my 9th grade teacher I am trying to become a teacher for elementary students. Becoming a teacher has many high times. For example, when one finally sees a student get the material that they have been struggling with.... [tags: Teacher, High school, Education, School]
762 words (2.2 pages)
- ... In addition, , a teacher may have to attend staff or club meetings, be required to go to parent teacher conferences and might even chaperone field trips. For teaching methods, depending on the teacher and what subject they teach, they may be more comfortable giving lectures, having discussions or demonstrating lessons, or all three. As a teacher, clear objectives and an understanding of what students want to achieve is very important. Some basic knowledge an elementary teacher will need to have is English language skills and an understanding of philosophy and religion.... [tags: Students, Art]
643 words (1.8 pages)
- Why Teach. Everyone has a purpose in life, mine is to teach, becoming a teacher was a decision I made years ago a child. I knew I wanted to help people, I wanted to help children but I had no idea what I should do. I decided first to become a medical assistant I even graduated from it. But I quickly realize that it was not my purpose in life, I dislike the work and I have always felt if you’re not happy doing it then you chose the wrong path. I decided to become a teacher as a child I with my mother worked a daycare I was immediately taken by the children I was helping I was so happy around them.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Need, School]
1005 words (2.9 pages)
- Qualities That I Bring to the Teaching Profession Being a teacher is said to be just a job but to me teaching is “an instrumental or practical art” (Arends, 4) to create a more diverse way of learning. When I become a teacher I want it to be more than just a job I want it to be my life and something I’m proud of doing. Creating life and laughter in a classroom is going to be a part of my everyday teaching style. So many teachers have lost what it means to teach because they have lost the love for educating our youth.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Special education, School]
1255 words (3.6 pages)
- Elementary School teacher, a professional educator for grades k-5, is a career I wish to pursue because I want to teach children the building blocks of education, love the energy and excitement that younger children give off, and want to be able to help children with special challenges. I have wanted to be an elementary school teacher for about three years now, I knew I wanted to pursue this occupation because there are many benefits to being an educator, and have always worked with children well.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Certified teacher]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- After graduating college it is time to hit the real world, so it’s time to begin of what I want to do for a living. The career I’m striving to achieve is to become an elementary teacher or middle school teacher. Becoming a teacher would be fantastic, it’s a job I know I would enjoy and I’m passionate about. Being able to help young students learn new things every day would be amazing, knowing that in elementary years it is the foundation of a student’s education. Teaching in general and watching people through the process of learning the is the main reason I’m seeking a career as a teacher.... [tags: High school, Education, School, Teacher]
1045 words (3 pages)
- Why I Want to be a Teacher As an elementary education major, I desire to become a teacher because I would like to give back to my community the education that has been bestowed upon me. My thoughts of becoming a teacher become increasingly more clear daily, as I love to work with children. The children and I seem to connect well, together. I think teaching is a part of my family’s heritage as most of my family have been teachers. Therefore, I feel teaching is the profession for me as well.... [tags: Teaching Education Essays]
492 words (1.4 pages)
- Becoming a teacher has been the ultimate aspiration for myself since the first day I walked into kindergarten. As a very timid student, it was a difficult task transitioning from being with my mother everyday, to being part of a classroom environment full of strangers. However, my kindergarten teacher helped me through this transition smoothly, and adequately. I very quickly learned to love school. Soon after, I knew I would aspire to become a teacher. I would spend countless hours at home with a blackboard, acting as a teacher to my imaginary students throughout my elementary school years.... [tags: Education, School, Elementary school, Teacher]
992 words (2.8 pages)
- One good quality a teacher should have is, respect for the students. Each person’s ideas and opinions should be valued and not judged. They should be able to express themselves without feeling insecure. Another good quality is, having high expectations for your students. Each student should be encouraged to do their best and achieve goals that they may have never met before. Another good quality is, I believe a teacher should have is good communication skills. They should keep not only the students informed on what is going on in the class, they should definitely keep the parents informed as well.... [tags: Education, Teacher, Subject, Elementary school]
782 words (2.2 pages)